Author Topic: Season over- Hayward breaks leg in 1st quarter (ankle fracture dislocation?)  (Read 26145 times)

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
This is absolutely terrible

I hope he can come back from this 100%, no one deserves to have an injury like this.

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
just joining in the game and thread, was walking the cute dog.

geez, that was quick. season basically over almost as soon as it starts.

sigh, well, let's see just how good the kids are this season. something to watch.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I'm so incredibly grateful for this place. My friends think I'm overreacting and that this doesn't affect me. But man, I was so excited for this year. This was absolutely brutal. Let's hope this team rallies around Hawyward!

TP, I couldn't agree more.  We invested so much time dreaming of how this team will play, develop, and improve.  I imagine most of us planned out what we'd eat and drink for the game tonight, the game thread, and all 2017-2018 celticsblog threads.  And then this.  My overwhelming feeling has been that I feel absolutely awful for Hawyard... he worked so hard to get to this point, and to be re-united with his mentor to go to the next level.

This injury, given that it was by the ankle and appeared broken, is probably worse than the Paul George injury.  I'm not claiming to be a doctor, but I saw my friend compound fracture is leg in nearly the same spot, and he can't even jog years later.  It's honestly possible that Hayward's career is done.  What then?  What then when we have his salary cap hit for the next 4-years?  This is franchise changing, and in the worst way possible.  I am so depressed from it. :'(

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Good news is Boston has some of the best doctors in the world.

I'm sure he will be operated on by one of the worlds best.

So does Cleveland with Cleveland Clinic, i'm sure he's in the best hands

Actually makes me sick to my stomach thinking he’s getting this surgery as we speak in Cleveland and not in one of Boston’s world renowned hospitals.
Hopefully Cleveland’s surgeons stack up

Cleveland Clinic is right up there with any hospital in the country. You can be confident that the surgeons stack up.

Mike

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
via Google search on ankle fracture (general)

Your provider may do x-rays 7 to 10 days and 1 month after your injury to see how your ankle is healing. Your provider will let you know when you can return to regular activities and sports. Most people need at least 6 to 10 weeks to fully heal.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The subject on this thread should be adjusted

nothing is certain

season might not be over

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Man this really stinks...Get well SOON Mr. Hayward.

Was super high on the potential of this team--with all the talent...Maybe some good will come out of this--TONS of playing time for Tatum--Kid looks lost out there so far anyway.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Re: Season over- Hayward gets a compound fracture in 1st quarter
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2017, 09:33:26 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
There are no words.  Our status as Conference contenders lasted 6 minutes.

Not even.

Yep. Now we will be fighting between 2-5. We will be lottery bound if Kyrie goes down before ASG.

If I'm being a pessimist, I ask myself if this team is that much better than the one Kyrie was leading into the lottery.

I agree. I never thought of Hayward as being the deciding factor between contention and lottery.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'm so incredibly grateful for this place. My friends think I'm overreacting and that this doesn't affect me. But man, I was so excited for this year. This was absolutely brutal. Let's hope this team rallies around Hawyward!

TP, I couldn't agree more.  We invested so much time dreaming of how this team will play, develop, and improve. 

Me and my firend that are very into the team both have been so down since it happened.  I think we're all here because we take the team really seriously and it's a sad moment.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

The hard part is if the bone is affected and changed it's place it needs to be put back to Original place in order for all the parts(other bones, ligaments) to function smoothly

The problem is unless you know Gordon's original bone alignment(every body is different and his right is also different to his left) before injury(which is almost impossible), it's very very hard to do it
Even a slight difference of place or degree of the bone can affect his joiint(assume we are talking about high end performance, normal life will be fine)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Why hasn't Hayward been transfered to the hospital?   If it was serious or immediate surgery required, he should be transported

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
Why hasn't Hayward been transfered to the hospital?   If it was serious or immediate surgery required, he should be transported
It's likely not a emergency surgery so he may be consulting to choose which hospital or doctor
he want to have, for he need to prepare his body for the surgery anyway

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Sherrod is an idiot. This isn't an injury where somebody returns in 4-6 weeks. It's not a hairline fracture, it's a displacement.

Blows my mind how he still has a job as the Celtics 'insider'

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
an Ankle fracture is far worse than a normal leg fracture and if the surgery didn’t go well he may very likely end his career
It's better than a broken knee in nature but it's more complicated, thus the skill level of the doctor will be the center key, of course high-end rehab will also be needed for him to be him again

Is it certain an ankle fracture always requires surgery?
Of course not always, if you are lucky enough that is...

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sherrod is an idiot. This isn't an injury where somebody returns in 4-6 weeks. It's not a hairline fracture, it's a displacement.

Blows my mind how he still has a job as the Celtics 'insider'

I mean, anybody who can talk into a camera has to be at least as good, right?

The guy actually misinforms more than he adds anything productive.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes