Author Topic: So Jaylen looks terrible  (Read 16926 times)

Re: So Jaylen looks terrible
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2017, 10:58:27 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 1672
On the bright side Semi Ojeleye went 5/9 from 3.

niiiiiiiiice
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2017, 10:59:58 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
We should have got hield. 15ppg, shoots 42% from 3, 4 rpg

He's three years older than Brown.  How would Brown look playing in this league in 2020?
how will hield look in 2020

Like a role player cheering on Brown while watching the all star game from home.   :).  I'm kidding, but you can't ignore three years at that age.

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2017, 11:00:19 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
On the bright side Semi Ojeleye went 5/9 from 3.
very promising

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2017, 11:01:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

He's three years older than Brown.  How would Brown look playing in this league in 2020?
how will hield look in 2020

Like a role player cheering on Brown while watching the all star game from home.   :).  I'm kidding, but you can't ignore three years at that age.
lol true

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2017, 11:01:38 PM »

Offline wedman8

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
His ball handling is so poor... He's not good at making decisions either. He's strong, athletic and brave but needs to be polished so much. I don't know if he'll be a very good player or not but he's really far from that and Tatum on the other side looks the opposite: smooth and ready to contribute.

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2017, 11:01:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3142
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
No we shouldn't have. Hield is considerably older, has a lower ceiling, and isn't a very good defender.

If JB had played 4 years at college I'm sure he'd be able to put up empty numbers on garbage teams like Sacramento.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2017, 11:02:56 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
Jaylen needs to play with better players ....  If you expect him to be the man , he tries too much. Too wild

Right now anyways

agree.....out of control alot, wild , trying to do too much , needs to work on doing the little things FIRST , then let the scoring come to him.   He is trying too hard to be Lebron too soon.  Needs to slow down and make every play count.
Yep, he's much better when he has the mindset of keeping things simple... such as in the actual NBA when there are better players.   He is best taking open jumpers and driving all the way to the rim.  Tonight he did a lot of shake and bake moves only to take a long jumper.  Obviously he's not a good shooter of under duress and on the move.  He shouldn't be trying to be Stephen Curry on offense.  For supposedly such a smart guy he played pretty dumb and beyond his skills today.

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2017, 11:06:46 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 502
At this stage in his development (at 20 lol) he is best suited as the 4th or 5th best player on a contending (or great competitive) team. Luckily we are exactly that. He is at his best using most of his energy to guard the wing, hit the wide open three, and cut hard to the rim.

Anyone who expected him to be more than that in real games was being ridiculous. I mean 6 years from now, we will be still talking about how good he is once he gets to his prime. That's how young he is.

Either way, if he becomes a good defending 18 ppg 6'7 wing to pair with Tatum, Hayward, and whatever the rest of our assets give us, we are golden. The beauty of our current status is he doesn't need to be awesome at scoring in the beginning.

And guess what? We lucked out and got the guy with the personality who will be okay with this. Ingram was just on national television talking about how last year was weird for him. Or Simmons not playing half a year so he would have a shot at RORY.

Give me a break. If every 3rd game Jaylen explodes in his sophomore year for what he has done so far, my goodness watch out 29 other teams.
#JKJB

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2017, 11:07:00 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
No we shouldn't have. Hield is considerably older, has a lower ceiling, and isn't a very good defender.

If JB had played 4 years at college I'm sure he'd be able to put up empty numbers on garbage teams like Sacramento.
Hield can have a JJ Redick career.  I understand Jaylen's potential but Hield is going to have a long and successful career, and thats guaranteed unless he has a significant injury. 

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2017, 11:11:10 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1714
Jaylen will be fine.  He's already demonstrated that he can contribute in NBA games.  This is just valuable learning experience for him as he struggles with responsibilities that he's never shouldered at the NBA or almost-NBA level before. 

This is a diagnosis for him - he's learning what his weaknesses are.  If his work ethic is anything like we've been told, he'll absorb this information and come back a better player because of it. 

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2017, 11:14:12 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I don't want JJ reddick

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2017, 11:15:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
I don't want JJ reddick
Well Philly just gave him $23mil.  He is in demand.  His shooting efficiency is off the charts.

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2017, 11:20:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I  wont lie, I forgot that brown did a great job defending lebron in the ECF.

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2017, 11:23:24 PM »

Online Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 196
Seriously someone out there is mad that the Celtics didn't draft the next JJ Redick with the 3rd pick in the draft.

Patience.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2017, 11:28:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This is a diagnosis for him - he's learning what his weaknesses are.  If his work ethic is anything like we've been told, he'll absorb this information and come back a better player because of it.

Like maybe dribbling the ball up the court and playing point and shooting free throws when the game is on the line?   I am not buying it.   True, it is summer league but that was pretty bone head of him.   Or the time out when he was yelling "let's play Celtics basketball" to his team mates when he was not playing Celtics basketball.

He is young, I think the sky is the limit for him.   But he played poorly tonight and showed a poor grasp of his limitations.