Author Topic: The Perfect IT trade  (Read 13341 times)

Re: The Perfect IT trade
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 05:59:56 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Thomas to the Nets for three future first rounders, unprotected. To the Brooklyn Nets.

It's no fun to think about life without a Nets pick. So the Nets trade for the third leading scorer in the league. And sign Olynyk to the Max, and hope for the best.

It is going to be weird come 2020 (or whenever) and the Celtics don't have someone else's 1st round pick.

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 06:57:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
And they would hang up laughing.

That is why I said I doubt they would, Einstein

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 07:30:40 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
What about a sign and trade with LA Clippers?

With the rumor of CP3 heading to SA, LA will be in desperate need of a PG and he would seem to fit into the LA market.

So here goes:

Blake Griffin

For

Isaiah Thomas/Tyler Zeller

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 07:46:24 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
What about a sign and trade with LA Clippers?

With the rumor of CP3 heading to SA, LA will be in desperate need of a PG and he would seem to fit into the LA market.

So here goes:

Blake Griffin

For

Isaiah Thomas/Tyler Zeller
Why would we trade Thomas for Blake when we could just sign Blake?

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 07:53:10 PM »

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
I think there is a massive misunderstanding about IT. He is NOT the 3rd best scorer in the league, he was the 3rd leading scorer in a season.

He is clutch, he is explosive, he easily changes pace, but it is not a given that PG, for example, could not match his production (with better rebounding and defense, of course)

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 08:02:09 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I think there is a massive misunderstanding about IT. He is NOT the 3rd best scorer in the league, he was the 3rd leading scorer in a season.

He is clutch, he is explosive, he easily changes pace, but it is not a given that PG, for example, could not match his production (with better rebounding and defense, of course)
Wait, if Paul George could match ITs production, then why didnt he.

Thomas was more efficient than George(by a lot) on a much greater volume than George.

Thomas is a top 5 scorer in the NBA. No doubt. I think KD is better. I think Harden and Curry might also be. Kyrie is a better ISO scorer, but I think Thomas is the better all around scorer. Lebron could also probably score better than Thomas. I think hes better than Westbrook but I understand the argument against it.

I dont think any one else can really lay a legit claim that they are a better scorer than Thomas.

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 09:20:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Thomas is a top 5 scorer in the NBA. Might be top 3.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 09:23:06 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Don't think a team will give up a top 10 pick with him injured. I'm guess Bucks deal is possible though.

Thon Maker and pick 17 for Thomas.

If we are going youth movement I pull that trigger. Plus IT on Bucks would be the only must watch team in the east besides Cavs.

Exactly!  Why would anyone trade for a player who may or may not ever be physically able to perform at his usual levels again?  In addition, he's a free agent at the end of next season.  If he needs surgery, which seems more likely than not at this point, then he would be expected to return sometime between December 2017 and March 2018, given the usual six-to-nine month recovery period. 

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 09:45:45 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Serious question for the vocal pro-trade IT camp:  Do you believe Ainge will make the right decision on this matter? 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 09:46:17 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

Thomas was more efficient than George(by a lot) on a much greater volume than George.

Thomas is a top 5 scorer in the NBA. No doubt. I think KD is better. I think Harden and Curry might also be. Kyrie is a better ISO scorer, but I think Thomas is the better all around scorer. Lebron could also probably score better than Thomas. I think hes better than Westbrook but I understand the argument against it.

I dont think any one else can really lay a legit claim that they are a better scorer than Thomas.

Isaiah is a top 5 regular season scorer.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 09:47:47 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

If they'd do Maker alone, I'd jump on that.

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Other than, you know, him having done it. Or gotten within 5 points per game of doing it.

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 09:55:52 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Fortunately, you're not the GM.

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 09:58:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Isaiah is a top 5 regular season scorer.
If you hold his injuries against him.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 10:01:23 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Fortunately, you're not the GM.

Unfortunately trading Isaiah is out of the question anyway due to how bad it would look to free agents and how demoralizing it could be to Horford, etc. But I don't think Isaiah's value right now, injury and contract considered, is more than a Maker. I bet you're selling Maker short, too. He showed a lot of potential this year. In a redraft he might be top 5.