Author Topic: After tonights game vs Cavs, I am ready to go all in on Boogie  (Read 7032 times)

Re: After tonights game vs Cavs, I am ready to go all in on Boogie
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2016, 01:06:42 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Is there any sign that Cousins is available? Has Cousins said anything about being seriously unsatisfied in Sacramento? Are there any rumors, not started on this forum, that the Kings are thinking about making him available?

This incessant drooling over Demarcus Cousins, a player that has already been pair with IT, with terrible results mind you, is more "open prayer" than anything else. We can't just tread water until Cousins becomes available.

Yeah, with SAC clinging to the 8-spot and desperate for a playoffs berth after their new stadium opened, I gotta imagine they're keeping Boogie. It's the stupid thing for their franchise but whatever. And hey, 2 straight whoopings by GSW in the first round ought to sell out the home games, for once...
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2016, 01:17:44 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If you want Boogie this season you (Ainge) better be prepared to offer both Nets picks and Jaylen Brown (plus salary filler).  That's going to be the asking price.

In other words, it ain't happening.  Not right now, and probably not at all this season.

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2016, 01:45:05 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Cousin's is in the same mode as Smart, Crowder. He would be a perfect fit. And if he played for us, Lebron would have to find his teeth in his poop the next morning.
Cousins is completely different than Smart and Crowder. His attitude is more like what Rasheed would have been if Rasheed was more of a narcissist.

I meant he is the same as far as toughness, competitive and aggressive. Don't be so quick to be a contradicting numbnuts.

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2016, 01:50:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Cousin's is in the same mode as Smart, Crowder. He would be a perfect fit. And if he played for us, Lebron would have to find his teeth in his poop the next morning.
Cousins is completely different than Smart and Crowder. His attitude is more like what Rasheed would have been if Rasheed was more of a narcissist.

I meant he is the same as far as toughness, competitive and aggressive. Don't be so quick to be a contradicting numbnuts.
teams would hate seeing Boston with Boogie Smart and Crowder on their schedules. It would be glorious.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2016, 01:55:15 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

teams would hate seeing Boston with Boogie Smart and Crowder on their schedules. It would be glorious.
Bad Boy Pistons times 10.
On the opposite end, we might as well start the game down 0-3. Get those technical free throws out of the way early.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2016, 01:58:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Yep. LeBron seemed really terrified already.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/12/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-boston-celtics-face-marcus-smart-video
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2016, 02:05:34 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Better hope for an epic losing streak by the Kings...because they ain't trading him otherwise.

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2016, 02:08:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Yep. LeBron seemed really terrified already.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/12/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-boston-celtics-face-marcus-smart-video

you forgot about the 6'11 270 pound anger problem.

joking aside. you are right in that Lebron will never be physical intimated. He is the greatest athlete Ive ever seen.

However, he and every other player in the league would know that if they go play Boston they are gonna be playing perhaps the most physical and emotional team in the NBA.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 02:14:11 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2016, 02:12:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Well, he's got the finger wag down.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2016, 02:24:20 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Boogie isn't even necessarily your best solution v. the Cavs (or the Warriors), given that those teams both log a lot of "death lineup" minutes and it's quite possible that sort of offense could play him off the floor by forcing him to guard Frye/Love/Draymond and putting him in P&R situations.  We don't actually know if he could hold up if targeted like that because he's never actually been in a competitive playoff series.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2016, 02:42:54 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1038
Brown
Rozier
Olynyk
Johnson OR Zeller, whomever Kings prefer
Yabusele OR Zizic, whomever Kings prefer
Nets '18
Celtics '18
Future Memphis OR Clippers first, whichever Kings prefer

It's a lot of assets to give up, but we are missing that elite rebounder. He can also bang inside, shoot from outside, protect the rim, and bring the toughness we sometimes lose.

IT
Bradley
Crowder
Horford
Cousins

Bench: Smart, Green, Jerebko, Zeller/Johnson, vet pickup?

Starting lineup is as good as you will find, but the bench is obviously thin. We can bring some rookies like Jackson, Nader, Bentil, Zizic/Yabu earlier than we wanted to help take minutes off our top 6 during the grind of the regular season, but I'd still like another vet off the bench in the playoffs.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2016, 07:04:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Boogie isn't even necessarily your best solution v. the Cavs (or the Warriors), given that those teams both log a lot of "death lineup" minutes and it's quite possible that sort of offense could play him off the floor by forcing him to guard Frye/Love/Draymond and putting him in P&R situations.  We don't actually know if he could hold up if targeted like that because he's never actually been in a competitive playoff series.

If Boogie is guarding Frye / Love, that means Frye / Love is guarding him, right?

Boogie's skill set would make us legit contenders. It's looking like he may not be traded, but he perfectly fits our team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2016, 07:36:00 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

If Boogie is guarding Frye / Love, that means Frye / Love is guarding him, right?

Boogie's skill set would make us legit contenders. It's looking like he may not be traded, but he perfectly fits our team.

Great skill set, but I'm afraid his "skull set" leaves more than a bit to be desired.  Stay far, far away from this guy, he's a locker room killer, and bringing him to Boston just might chase CBS back to the college game...

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2016, 08:42:23 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
C's are more dangerous with attacking wings and Jaylen is perfect for brad's system.  Jaylen needs to attack more.

System?  Any system ain't worth sh!t if you cannot rebound or defend.

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2016, 08:46:10 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Brown
Rozier
Olynyk
Johnson OR Zeller, whomever Kings prefer
Yabusele OR Zizic, whomever Kings prefer
Nets '18
Celtics '18
Future Memphis OR Clippers first, whichever Kings prefer

It's a lot of assets to give up, but we are missing that elite rebounder. He can also bang inside, shoot from outside, protect the rim, and bring the toughness we sometimes lose.

IT
Bradley
Crowder
Horford
Cousins

Bench: Smart, Green, Jerebko, Zeller/Johnson, vet pickup?

Starting lineup is as good as you will find, but the bench is obviously thin. We can bring some rookies like Jackson, Nader, Bentil, Zizic/Yabu earlier than we wanted to help take minutes off our top 6 during the grind of the regular season, but I'd still like another vet off the bench in the playoffs.

Your dealing garbage for an elite player..

You put your best deal on the table first. That deal is both nets piks, the Memphis pik and any player not named IT or Horford