Author Topic: You are Sacramento's GM, what is the best deal for Cousins?  (Read 9732 times)

Re: You are Sacramento's GM, what is the best deal for Cousins?
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2016, 12:02:29 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28

Well, you're right. LA would easily take that offer. A deal for boogie to go to LA, first off, starts and ends with D'Angelo Russell. No Russell, no Boogie trade. Then, LA also has to give up Ingram, who, whether you like it or not, has the value of being the no.2 pick. If I'm Sacramento, I'm also asking for Nance, who's criminally underrated if you ask me, and I get to take my pick of either Randle or Clarkson. Maybe I ask for other players LA has, like the young guy Zubac, or another pick or something.

So you're saying the Kings would get virtually the entire Lakers team for Cousins??
Lakers aren't that foolish....

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2016, 12:06:35 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Well, you're right. LA would easily take that offer. A deal for boogie to go to LA, first off, starts and ends with D'Angelo Russell. No Russell, no Boogie trade. Then, LA also has to give up Ingram, who, whether you like it or not, has the value of being the no.2 pick. If I'm Sacramento, I'm also asking for Nance, who's criminally underrated if you ask me, and I get to take my pick of either Randle or Clarkson. Maybe I ask for other players LA has, like the young guy Zubac, or another pick or something.

So you're saying the Kings would get virtually the entire Lakers team for Cousins??
Lakers aren't that foolish....

I'm saying the Kings should ask for as much as they can ask for.

But you're right, that LA probably rejects the offer.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2016, 12:17:37 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 562
I think Philly can put together the best deal in part because Philly owns a future Sacramento pick and the right to swap in 2017.  So the Kings could get back those picks and add the Lakers pick and a Philly pick or two and still get a nice young player.

I mean even with both Brooklyn picks, I'm not sure Boston could top something like this

Okafor, Saric, Ilyasova, PHI 2017, LA 1st, SAC 1st for Cousins and Gay
I thought about the Sixers outbidding us but I don't think Cousins would re-sign with them.  I also think Cousins would likely be a bad influence on their young players.  If I were the Sixers, I would pass on Cousins unless they could get him for a lot cheaper.  Now if Anthony Davis came on the market I'd go all in. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:23:42 AM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2016, 06:35:41 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
Why would the Sixers go after Cousins when they have Embid?  Am I missing something here?

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2016, 09:29:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Sac: Thomas, Crowder, Horford,  right to swap 2017 1st

To Bos: Cousins, Afflalo, Mclemore

Celtics roster

Cousins
KO
Brown
AB
Rozier

Amir/Zeller
Jerebko/JM
Afflalo
Mclemore
Smart

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2016, 09:34:43 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Celtics roster

Cousins
KO
Brown
AB
Rozier

Amir/Zeller
Jerebko/JM
Afflalo
Mclemore
Smart

I don't think that one makes sense for either team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2016, 09:42:36 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Celtics roster

Cousins
KO
Brown
AB
Rozier

Amir/Zeller
Jerebko/JM
Afflalo
Mclemore
Smart

*facepalm*

As Roy said, this makes no sense for either team. It makes no sense at all.

Why would Sac want our OLDEST decent players when they really need to go to a youth movement? This does nothing for Sac except perhaps getting them the 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs. Long term they get very little out of it beyond the pick.

For the Celtics, it doesn't come close to putting them over the top. It's shuffling deck chairs and with the loss of the 2017 pick the ability to draft a stud goes out the window. Right now Danny has the option of going either with a veteran movement to win now or sticking with the youth movement. This trade effectively eliminates both options.

Furthermore, if you traded Horford 4 games into his Celtics career after making a huge deal out of it in FA you'd never attract another decent FA again. It would rightfully be seen as a massive betrayal of representations to a player and the Front Office would have no credibility after that.

I award you zero points and may God have mercy on your soul.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2016, 09:51:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
Why would the Sixers go after Cousins when they have Embid?  Am I missing something here?
To play together and form a basically unguardable front court.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2016, 10:39:02 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

Celtics roster

Cousins
KO
Brown
AB
Rozier

Amir/Zeller
Jerebko/JM
Afflalo
Mclemore
Smart

I don't think that one makes sense for either team.
I agree. We need Horford to pair up with Cousins.

Would Crowder and the two Nets picks get it done? Is that even too much to give up?

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2016, 10:39:58 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Celtics roster

Cousins
KO
Brown
AB
Rozier

Amir/Zeller
Jerebko/JM
Afflalo
Mclemore
Smart

*facepalm*

As Roy said, this makes no sense for either team. It makes no sense at all.

Why would Sac want our OLDEST decent players when they really need to go to a youth movement? This does nothing for Sac except perhaps getting them the 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs. Long term they get very little out of it beyond the pick.

For the Celtics, it doesn't come close to putting them over the top. It's shuffling deck chairs and with the loss of the 2017 pick the ability to draft a stud goes out the window. Right now Danny has the option of going either with a veteran movement to win now or sticking with the youth movement. This trade effectively eliminates both options.

Furthermore, if you traded Horford 4 games into his Celtics career after making a huge deal out of it in FA you'd never attract another decent FA again. It would rightfully be seen as a massive betrayal of representations to a player and the Front Office would have no credibility after that.

I award you zero points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Somebody have a chillpill for this fella?

I dont like cousins crybaby attitude but he seems to be more mature this season

I doubt he will resign after next season... he is sick and tired of losing

So sac needs to trade him asap to get max value

As for the Celts squad..... this is a very good regular season team... but thats it... IT and Crowder as core players wont get you a ring.... both should be coming off the bench but its too late now .....   danny is looking for pp, allen, kg type situation again.... sneaky danny cant be trusted

Btw you cant bring in cousins without IT leaving... they have stated they dont like playing together.... 

Rather not give up horford but they are going to want him

I would do this trade bc we have players ready to step in (brown, smart, rozier)  plus a top big player (if head is in the game)

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2016, 12:04:43 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Dunno. Are you a drug dealer? If so, I have a bigger order than just one chillpill.  ;D

Yes they do. But they need youth and not guys who are already in their primes.

As for the Celts squad..... this is a very good regular season team... but thats it... IT and Crowder as core players wont get you a ring.... both should be coming off the bench but its too late now .....   danny is looking for pp, allen, kg type situation again.... sneaky danny cant be trusted

Sneaky Danny has rebuilt this team after building one Championship contender. This team isn't done yet and I don't think anyone has claimed that it is.

Btw you cant bring in cousins without IT leaving... they have stated they dont like playing together.... 

Check your sources. IT is one of the few guys Cousins respects and enjoys playing with.

http://nesn.com/2016/10/isaiah-thomas-thinks-demarcus-cousins-would-be-a-great-fit-for-celtics/

No, they won't. They don't need 30 year old players. Even if they did there's no way he's on the table - as I said before it would kill the franchise in Free Agency for a decade. Danny's not that stupid.

I would do this trade bc we have players ready to step in (brown, smart, rozier)  plus a top big player (if head is in the game)

There are so many reasons why this is - to be frank - an idiotic idea that it's mind boggling that you doubled down on this. For instance:

1. Brown/Smart/Rozier are a great start but if you want to go with a youth movement why would you trade what is likely to be a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft? Trading Crowder, IT and Horford would signal a youth movement that you aborted by trading away your best remaining pick.

2. Why would you bring in Cousins on a young team and trade the best leaders in your clubhouse? You'd want Horford, IT and Crowder to guide and control Cousins. In your scenario you just striped the heart and soul of this team and left a huge leadership vacuum.

3. You don't have the horses to be a good playoff team - too much youth, too much inexperience.

4. How would you ever attract another decent FA after moving Horford to Sacremento after a handful of games? Do you think that no one in the NBA would care?

The list goes on and on and you have yet to articulate how this makes the Celtics any better.

Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2016, 12:26:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If I'm SAC, I'm keeping Cousins until he rejects the max extension I offer him next summer.  I'm not getting anyone better back in a trade, and I need to hear "no" from him before J move on.

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2016, 12:58:22 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Here is my attempted trade lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=htjeyjo

BOS gives up Smart, Amir, James Young, Bkn picks and whatever other picks
BOS gets Boogie

Sac gives up Gay and Boogie
Sac gets Kanter, Smart, Amir, Young, and picks galore

OKC gives up Kanter
OKC gets Rudy Gay

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2016, 09:16:35 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
To play together and form a basically unguardable front court.

Like a Sampson-Olajuwan twin towers thingy?
They won't get in each other's way?  I thought the league was moving away from bigs, but I guess not, especially considering the last draft  :-\

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2016, 10:24:07 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Dunno. Are you a drug dealer? If so, I have a bigger order than just one chillpill.  ;D

Yes they do. But they need youth and not guys who are already in their primes.

Sneaky Danny has rebuilt this team after building one Championship contender. This team isn't done yet and I don't think anyone has claimed that it is.

Check your sources. IT is one of the few guys Cousins respects and enjoys playing with.

http://nesn.com/2016/10/isaiah-thomas-thinks-demarcus-cousins-would-be-a-great-fit-for-celtics/

No, they won't. They don't need 30 year old players. Even if they did there's no way he's on the table - as I said before it would kill the franchise in Free Agency for a decade. Danny's not that stupid.

There are so many reasons why this is - to be frank - an idiotic idea that it's mind boggling that you doubled down on this. For instance:

1. Brown/Smart/Rozier are a great start but if you want to go with a youth movement why would you trade what is likely to be a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft? Trading Crowder, IT and Horford would signal a youth movement that you aborted by trading away your best remaining pick.

2. Why would you bring in Cousins on a young team and trade the best leaders in your clubhouse? You'd want Horford, IT and Crowder to guide and control Cousins. In your scenario you just striped the heart and soul of this team and left a huge leadership vacuum.

3. You don't have the horses to be a good playoff team - too much youth, too much inexperience.

4. How would you ever attract another decent FA after moving Horford to Sacremento after a handful of games? Do you think that no one in the NBA would care?

The list goes on and on and you have yet to articulate how this makes the Celtics any better.

TP. You essentially said everything I wanted to say but was too lazy to actually type out.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about