Author Topic: Harry Giles Thread (Merged)  (Read 41306 times)

Re: Harry Giles Thread (Merged)
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2017, 12:23:43 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The injuries suck. Really bad. Take away the knee injuries and this kid projected as the next KG. Freak athlete, natural feel for rebounding, huge competitive fire.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2017, 12:26:49 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Would anyone who actually like Giles trade AB for him? I think if he clears medically and team was to land Fultz or Jackson. I'd pull the trigger.
AB has so much more value than Giles its nuts. You're trading an All-NBA 1st team defensive player that shoots over 40% from three and averages 17PPG and 6RPG for a kid who has looked lost in college, who has a bum knee, who is going to need years to put on enough muscle and mass to play at the PF and C position and who has ever only looked good versus highschoolers. No way I make that trade if I am Ainge. If I am trading Bradley its for a proven, veteran upgrade, not a reach of a teenage rookie.
That's understood you are more concerned with the present. I'm thinking future. Giles could develop into a legit PF. And I really don't see team resigning AB when his contract is up. Would like to see the team move on from AB on draft night and get a big while they can instead of losing AB for nothing.
Its a horrid trade...doesn't matter how you are thinking...past, present, future. A sure thing like Bradley, if you move on from him, you trade him and maybe a pick or another player for an upgrade in the frontcourt that helps this team move into contender status, now and for the next few years. This team is building towards winning now AND the future. You don't move Bradley for someone who's best case scenario might be an oft injured, too skinny, frontcourt player that might show potential to reach AB's level of player, maybe, in 6 or 7 years. That's just bad roster management.
You are over exaggerating the value of AB. Its not a horrid trade because AB doesn't have a lot of value. You can't just simply trade him (an expiring contract and injured often player) for an upgrade by giving up a pick or two. If you want an upgrade try a Nets pick. Because what team is going to give up a better player in that scenario when they may not resign him either? Bad roster mangment is keeping guys too long when they won't be here for a championship ie Bass and Turner. Taking a shot on a guy (like I said, if he clears medically) that was once the #1 High school prospect for a guy who is going to be gone anyways is a savvy gamble.
Bradley has ton of value, more value than the late first round pick you would be giving him away for to draft an untested Giles. Bradley had an injury this year but is not injury prone and the one year deal will mean nothing to a team that would want to have his bird rights to be able to sign him long term. Bradley and Crowder or a pick could land you a major upgrade in the frontcourt. Sorry but you are seriously underestimating his value. GMs who arent tanking will greatly value AB and what he brings to a team.

This team isn't into collecting assets mode any longer. It using the assets to get better. You don't trade a near All-Star level player for a kid with tons of questions that might take as much as 6 years to reach a ceiling that may never be as high as Bradley's play is now.

This team is bringing in as many as 3-4 rookies next year. They will still have Brown, Rozier and Jackson on the roster. This team doesn't need to trade a proven, high quality starter for a project rookie. Thats just not where management on this team is right now. Its where fanboys who are in love with teenagers are at, but not Ainge and his management team.

« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2017, 05:02:54 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Would anyone who actually like Giles trade AB for him? I think if he clears medically and team was to land Fultz or Jackson. I'd pull the trigger.
AB has so much more value than Giles its nuts. You're trading an All-NBA 1st team defensive player that shoots over 40% from three and averages 17PPG and 6RPG for a kid who has looked lost in college, who has a bum knee, who is going to need years to put on enough muscle and mass to play at the PF and C position and who has ever only looked good versus highschoolers. No way I make that trade if I am Ainge. If I am trading Bradley its for a proven, veteran upgrade, not a reach of a teenage rookie.
That's understood you are more concerned with the present. I'm thinking future. Giles could develop into a legit PF. And I really don't see team resigning AB when his contract is up. Would like to see the team move on from AB on draft night and get a big while they can instead of losing AB for nothing.
Its a horrid trade...doesn't matter how you are thinking...past, present, future. A sure thing like Bradley, if you move on from him, you trade him and maybe a pick or another player for an upgrade in the frontcourt that helps this team move into contender status, now and for the next few years. This team is building towards winning now AND the future. You don't move Bradley for someone who's best case scenario might be an oft injured, too skinny, frontcourt player that might show potential to reach AB's level of player, maybe, in 6 or 7 years. That's just bad roster management.
You are over exaggerating the value of AB. Its not a horrid trade because AB doesn't have a lot of value. You can't just simply trade him (an expiring contract and injured often player) for an upgrade by giving up a pick or two. If you want an upgrade try a Nets pick. Because what team is going to give up a better player in that scenario when they may not resign him either? Bad roster mangment is keeping guys too long when they won't be here for a championship ie Bass and Turner. Taking a shot on a guy (like I said, if he clears medically) that was once the #1 High school prospect for a guy who is going to be gone anyways is a savvy gamble.
Bradley has ton of value, more value than the late first round pick you would be giving him away for to draft an untested Giles. Bradley had an injury this year but is not injury prone and the one year deal will mean nothing to a team that would want to have his bird rights to be able to sign him long term. Bradley and Crowder or a pick could land you a major upgrade in the frontcourt. Sorry but you are seriously underestimating his value. GMs who arent tanking will greatly value AB and what he brings to a team.

This team isn't into collecting assets mode any longer. It using the assets to get better. You don't trade a near All-Star level player for a kid with tons of questions that might take as much as 6 years to reach a ceiling that may never be as high as Bradley's play is now.

This team is bringing in as many as 3-4 rookies next year. They will still have Brown, Rozier and Jackson on the roster. This team doesn't need to trade a proven, high quality starter for a project rookie. Thats just not where management on this team is right now. Its where fanboys who are in love with teenagers are at, but not Ainge and his management team.
Are you kidding me. AB is very injury prone if you count playoffs. While C's aren't no championship team or even a contender. We don't have a top ten player. And the team's best player is a one-way player that will also be up for a contract soon (asking for Brinks trucks too smh). The trade price for top players also keeps rising and we have yet to secure one after years of trying for fireworks. That's where this team is.
C's need to continue to collect assets and stop making the mistake of keeping guys till they expire when they really could be flipping them for more trade ammo. It's green teamers that can't see beyond a single year that want to keep guys and lose them for nothing. How many times are we going to say its for the sake of a go no where run to build for "culture"?  Nah that's what we made fun of Magic, Hawks and Bulls for man. It will always be about championships and you do what you have to to get there. Most of the time that requires draft luck no one has won a championship without draft luck. So don't knock any one who says let's flip a guy who isn't going to be here long term for a pick when we don't have a contender. Remember that's how Spurs got Leonard or Lakers got Kobe. They flipped established players for a pick.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:21:05 AM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2017, 07:02:17 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Are you kidding me. AB is very injury prone if you count playoffs. While C's aren't no championship team or even a contender. We don't have a top ten player. And the team's best player is a one-way player that will also be up for a contract soon (asking for Brinks trucks too smh). The trade price for top players also keeps rising and we have yet to secure one after years of trying for fireworks. That's where this team is.
C's need to continue to collect assets and stop making the mistake of keeping guys till they expire when they really could be flipping them for more trade ammo. It's green teamers that can't see beyond a single year that want to keep guys and lose them for nothing. How many times are we going to say its for the sake of a go no where run to build for "culture"?  Nah that's what we made fun of Magic, Hawks and Bulls for man. It will always be about championships and you do what you have to to get there. Most of the time that requires draft luck no one has won a championship without draft luck. So don't knock any one who says let's flip a guy who isn't going to be here long term for a pick when we don't have a contender. Remember that's how Spurs got Leonard or Lakers got Kobe. They flipped established players for a pick.

If someone is pointing the gun at me and I have to trade Bradley for a pick, I wont be picking Giles.

Its so funny that you are so serious with a very very ridiculous idea.

« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2017, 08:23:36 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

If someone is pointing the gun at me and I have to trade Bradley for a pick, I wont be picking Giles.

Its so funny that you are so serious with a very very ridiculous idea.
It doesn't have to be Giles especially if he doesn't pass medical. What's ridiculous is everyone ignoring AB's up coming FA after this year. Same time as IT and Smart who are contributing far more than often injured AB. What's the plan resign all three and remain on the treadmill of mediocrity? You should look to flip one of these guys and since DA can't get an established star might as well keep going the draft route. That's the point.

« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2017, 07:59:41 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
There's some buzz that Brooklyn might target Giles

« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2017, 08:05:35 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Who wouldn't fall to them. Btw if we really want Brooklyn to suck we need to hope that Jeremy Lin gets traded;he's the reason for these recent wins and close games
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2017, 08:42:56 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Who wouldn't fall to them. Btw if we really want Brooklyn to suck we need to hope that Jeremy Lin gets traded;he's the reason for these recent wins and close games
currently draftexpress has Giles going 25th to Brooklyn

« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2017, 09:36:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Giles hasn't played much in the last 3 -4 games

Either coach is not impressed or he is "sore" - post surgery

It might be a better idea for Giles to stay back a year , play at 100 percent health then declare the year after

I doubt he will be drafted in the 1st round

« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2017, 09:38:23 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

It might be a better idea for Giles to stay back a year , play at 100 percent health then declare the year after

He'll declare if he gets a promise.

« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2017, 11:03:54 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

E
I think he's just not playing well.  Seems to lack toughness.  Needs to come back for another year.

« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2017, 11:10:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

He'll declare if he gets a promise.

Yeah. Maybe in the 20s

Why go late when you have the tools to go early

Stay back another year

« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2017, 11:23:03 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

If Giles declares, it's a pretty firm statement that he isn't expecting a full return from his injuries, IMO.

« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2017, 11:36:25 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
What's the plan resign all three and remain on the treadmill of mediocrity?

2013-14: 12th in conference, 6th pick in the draft.
2014-15: 7th in conference, 16th pick in draft.
2015-16: 5th in conference, 3rd pick in draft.
2016-17: 2nd in conference, #1 lottery odds.

Ladies and gentlemen: Behold the treadmill of mediocrity!

« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2017, 11:50:12 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
What's the plan resign all three and remain on the treadmill of mediocrity?

2013-14: 12th in conference, 6th pick in the draft.
2014-15: 7th in conference, 16th pick in draft.
2015-16: 5th in conference, 3rd pick in draft.
2016-17: 2nd in conference, #1 lottery odds.

Ladies and gentlemen: Behold the treadmill of mediocrity!
Nice try. Even if you take something out of its full context, C's never been a contender those years and didnt bottom out. That's mediocrity.