So I was able to play it yesterday (just a bunch of quick plays) and initial thoughts are:
1) the plain white main menu looks super boring and a little cheap lol am I the only one who thought "this is it?"
2) pre-tipoff intros are great! Players look really good too and the arena feels alive
3) the players feel heavy, which is sort of good and bad? On defense, I really feel like I'm getting a body on them and diving on the floor feels really smooth and organic. Marcus Smart is a blast to control on D, honestly. However, on offense, I feel like it's so hard to navigate. Maybe I just need to adjust but IT4 feels real slow lol! any tips??
4) shooting timing really feels awkward. It feels like everybody has a "quick release", which is kinda annoying. It feels weird too since the players are so heavy, but when they take a shot, it's the exact opposite
5) the on-the-fly coaching will definitely take a little getting used too but I like it. I think it's better than using the d-pad to cycle through the options.
Anyway, those are some of my initial thoughts. Haven't tried the other game modes yet! What are your guys thoughts?