Author Topic: Sporting News: C's targeting Griffin, will make major deal soon  (Read 111639 times)

Re: Sporting News: C's targeting Griffin, will make major deal soon
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2016, 12:16:24 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Crowder, rozier and nets 2017

Please dont include brown ,ko or smart
I'd be fine including KO.

I'd prefer the 2018 pick to the 2017 one and dealing Crowder to Bradley. I keep going back to Bradley not being a part of any of the FA meetings, I think that is evidence he's going to be dealt.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2016, 12:16:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
I fully expect, by tomorrow, we'll be "really close" to a trade with Philly for one of their bigs.   Then, when the weekend comes and goes, "sources" will indicate that Sac is again "mulling" a Cousins deal with the C's as the "most likely" destination.  Once that gets shot down, Chicago will have "re-engaged" on the Butler front. 

By the fall, your Boston Celtics will look like this:

IT , Rozier
AB, Smart
Crowder, Brown
Horford, KO
Amir, Zeller

Then we'll do this dance all over again in Dec/Jan/Feb.

Good point. I think that if we get Griffin, we will have enough assets to also acquire either Okafor or Noel.  Cost for Noel will be cheaper due to one year left on his contract.  Plus, he will probably be a better fit if we get Griffin, kind of like the Jordan and Griffin fit well together. I don't think that Okafor fits well next to Griffin.  The amount of touches available to Okafor will be limited with both Griffin and Isiah in the lineup.

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2016, 12:18:54 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Crowder, rozier and nets 2017

Please dont include brown ,ko or smart
I'd be fine including KO.

I'd prefer the 2018 pick to the 2017 one and dealing Crowder to Bradley. I keep going back to Bradley not being a part of any of the FA meetings, I think that is evidence he's going to be dealt.

Yeah. There is enough depth, as it appears now, at the top of this draft that Ainge and his scouting director, Dr. Nepotism, will have a tough time messing up a top 5 pick. I'd also deal Bradley before Crowder all day - but I wonder if it won't take Crowder to get this deal done.

The call to Budinger also indicates that shooting is going out in some deal, so that's either KO or Bradley, or both. Crowder not so much.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2016, 12:19:15 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
I don't want to pretend I know exactly what is the right moves for this team mind you. I just think Great players win titles. I don't think you should  pass on a top 5 player because he doesn't fit your system. Lue just won a title in Cleveland.

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2016, 12:22:19 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I fully expect, by tomorrow, we'll be "really close" to a trade with Philly for one of their bigs.   Then, when the weekend comes and goes, "sources" will indicate that Sac is again "mulling" a Cousins deal with the C's as the "most likely" destination.  Once that gets shot down, Chicago will have "re-engaged" on the Butler front. 

IT , Rozier
AB, Smart
Crowder, Brown
Horford, KO
Amir, Zeller

Good point. I think that if we get Griffin, we will have enough assets to also acquire either Okafor or Noel.  Cost for Noel will be cheaper due to one year left on his contract.  Plus, he will probably be a better fit if we get Griffin, kind of like the Jordan and Griffin fit well together. I don't think that Okafor fits well next to Griffin.  The amount of touches available to Okafor will be limited with both Griffin and Isiah in the lineup.

We have Al Horford.
DKC Suns

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2016, 12:22:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If this deal does not happen. Will never believe thia guy or SN again

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2016, 12:24:02 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

IT , Rozier
AB, Smart
Crowder, Brown
Horford, KO
Amir, Zeller

Sorry, I should have used the sarcasm font.  Honestly I don't see any of it coming to fruition, just a continuous cycle of saucy click bate with ambiguous terms.   Seems to work...

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2016, 12:26:17 PM »

Offline WolfofCausewayStreet

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
We aren't getting Griffin you all. Stop getting your hopes up.

When Dan LifEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.z, Deadmik, and Sean Deveney are your primary sources you know that this is all bogus.

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2016, 12:28:11 PM »

Offline Top Gun

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
I would only deal the 2017 BKN pick if it is top 3 protected. I would let it go to 2018 BKN unprotected in 2018.

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Obvious now why Ainge moved those two seconds for that future clips pick. Negotiations have obviously been ongoing for a while and due to the Stepien rule that clips pick holds more value to doc and lac than anyone else.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2016, 12:36:13 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Obvious now why Ainge moved those two seconds for that future clips pick. Negotiations have obviously been ongoing for a while and due to the Stepien rule that clips pick holds more value to doc and lac than anyone else.

If that pick turns out to be important in landing Griffin, Ainge is officially smarter than everyone on Celticsblog.

Mike

« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2016, 12:40:44 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Don't see how we could get Griffin without giving up at least one of the brooklyn picks.  Just doesn't compute any other picks we own are pretty much garbage.  And the player we have probably don't even get the conversation started.

« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2016, 12:40:49 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

IT , Rozier
AB, Smart
Crowder, Brown
Horford, KO
Amir, Zeller

TP   ;D
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2016, 12:42:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
SB nation website analysis of potential trade of westbrook and/or Griffin

Likelihood of happening: 3/10

While it's completely understandable for opposing executives to speculate about the Celtics as the best landing spot for these superstars, there are no real reports of ongoing talks. In fact, Boston has not engaged the Thunder or the Clippers in a while, according to Bulpett. Right now, nothing seems imminent.

The Celtics have also been erring in the side of caution when trying to engineer trades. Suddenly putting all their chips on the table in a deal for impending free agents seems out of character.

Boston will surely sniff around looking to make a move, so expect plenty more rumors like these to come. The circumstances just are not ideal for a big trade right now. Things could change, of course, but as of now, it doesn't seem like a big move is coming.

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2016, 12:43:39 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Yeah this is silly. If we're trying to get a top 20 NBA player, I'm sorry- you will HAVE to give up AT LEAST 1 of the Brooklyn picks and at least one of starters. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Not so. I think the Clippers would choose win now talent over the picks. And Sac certainly wouldn't get one for the proposed Rudy Gay inclusion