Author Topic: Al Horford agrees to 4-year, $113M deal with the Boston Celtics!!  (Read 81914 times)

Re: Al Horford agrees to 4-year, $113M deal with the Boston Celtics!!
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2016, 08:53:51 PM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
How p---ed are the Hawk fans right about now. Lets just see. Here is the link to the article on the Hawks site. Read comments below post.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2016/7/2/12088912/al-horford-and-the-atlanta-hawks-divorce-and-its-the-kids-fans-that

« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2016, 08:54:43 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
So how much did Horford walk away from in ATL? That would be very telling.

I'm guessing between 25-30 million.

That is misleading.  On its face maybe he lost 25-30 mil, but in reality if he plays that 5th year somewhere he will get paid for it.  He doesn't have to work in the NBA for free.  So he could actually make more money if the salary cap keeps going up.

« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2016, 08:55:11 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I must be the only one who is not all that excited about signing an injury-prone, aging star player with declining skills who tends to be a non-factor in big games to a 4-year max contract?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2016, 08:57:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I must be the only one who is not all that excited about signing an injury-prone, aging star player with declining skills who tends to be a non-factor in big games to a 4-year max contract?

you must be....

Injury prone? Has missed 6 games the last 2 years and played in all 82 games last season.

Declining? Mad the all-star team the last 2 seasons.

« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2016, 08:58:13 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

i still think it is better to overpay all star than to overpay Parsons, Mozgov...

« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2016, 08:58:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435

« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2016, 08:59:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

i still think it is better to overpay all star than to overpay Parsons, Mozgov...
Most definitely. And yet, we might be having different discussions here in the middle of year 2 of Horford's contract.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2016, 09:00:20 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Kevin Durant had been recruiting Horford to OKC, but Horford eliminated OKC with no assurance Durant/Westbrook staying long-term.

ok some of this is getting more interesting now...that and the news that KD was on the plane with Brady...

Did you just make this up?

It sounds made up but it's been reported https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/749385608955465728?s=07

« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2016, 09:00:45 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
I am still not sure whether I even want Horford on that contract. At least he will improve the team considerably in the short term. I worry about the back end of that contract though. I do not think Horford will age well. As his athleticism continues to decline, I think his lack of size as a center will become tougher and tougher for him to overcome.

Horford's game isn't based on athleticism. He's more of a fundamentals player. He should age relatively well.

His offense isn't based on athleticism. That will age well.

His defense & rebounding is based on athleticism. It is what allows him to overcome his size disadvantage as a 6-9 center. This is the area of concern.

« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2016, 09:01:05 PM »

Offline mnshyn

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Forever Green
i think horford will actually perform better without Millsap. It's possible his skills may be better utilized in Boston.
Play to win.  Always.

« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2016, 09:01:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Kevin Durant had been recruiting Horford to OKC, but Horford eliminated OKC with no assurance Durant/Westbrook staying long-term.

ok some of this is getting more interesting now...that and the news that KD was on the plane with Brady...

Did you just make this up?

It sounds made up but it's been reported https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/749385608955465728?s=07
I trust my deli guy before I trust NYDN news.

« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2016, 09:01:44 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

Most definitely. And yet, we might be having different discussions here in the middle of year 2 of Horford's contract.

This team is in position to take that 4 year risk on Horford because of all the young talent here plus the Nets high picks in the next 2 years

« Reply #192 on: July 02, 2016, 09:02:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Why, though? His game will age well because he's not athletically reliant. I see him a lot like Bosh who is 2 years older and was playing at an all-star level before the illness sidelined him.

« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2016, 09:03:55 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I am still not sure whether I even want Horford on that contract. At least he will improve the team considerably in the short term. I worry about the back end of that contract though. I do not think Horford will age well. As his athleticism continues to decline, I think his lack of size as a center will become tougher and tougher for him to overcome.

Bradley Beal for 5 and $135

« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2016, 09:04:00 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 613
This could be another attraction for KD to sign.