Author Topic: Yabusele is our Draymond Green project-looks GREAT  (Read 17008 times)

Re: Yabusele is our Draymond Green project-looks GREAT
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2016, 10:33:48 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
$20 says he'll tear down a backboard eventually (sooner than later), with one of those monster dunks, if he maintains his weight around 250.

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2016, 10:40:55 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1217
I would have traded all those wasted firsts for ONE good player

S M H

Indeed.

There's a bright side to last night's horror, however.

Lots of laughs in the frantic attempts to spin this draft on this board.

One maybe, and a bunch of SMH picks.

No, it's just you and the same old half a dozen negative nancy's who like to crap all over everything the team does because you either like losing or thing there's only one way to accomplish something. The same old cast of characters acting out the same tired act.

There's no frantic attempts to spin this draft. The proof will be 3 or 4 years from now as it always is. In the meanwhile, you and your ilk have crapped all over every other move yet the team just about doubled its win total over the last couple of years which goes to show how truly little you guys know about the game of basketball.

This is a lie and you know it.  People have been frantically trying to spin this draft since we took Brown.  Just look at all the posts saying "This is a disaster" and "Danny is an idiot" or calling for him to be fired.  Those people have been frantically trying to spin it as a failure all night.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2016, 10:44:11 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 425
He has stated in a DX interview that he is 275 lbs

follow this link and tell me thats a Sully 275!

https://m.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/4pkwex/guerschon_yabusele/

I doubt he will ever be the perimeter player Green is but a Paul Milsap type PF seems like a fitting comp. If he can rebound hit an open shot and throw his body around in the paint I think DA made a great pick.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2016, 10:46:33 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 449
He has stated in a DX interview that he is 275 lbs

follow this link and tell me thats a Sully 275!

https://m.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/4pkwex/guerschon_yabusele/

When was this picture taken? In middle school?

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2016, 10:47:51 AM »

Offline footey

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1837
Between Green and Anthony Bennett
C'mon you're honestly not the tiniest bit excited about this guy? You don't see the Tools. Strong enough to guard 5's Quick enough to move his feet with 4 and possibly 3's?  We Did not have that on the Roster at all..
Absolutely not excited. He has weight issues. Just when we escape Sully Danny does it again. Undersized, overweight, PF that wants to shoot 3s.

Cant say the guy has Weight Issues, Brotha is just big boned..  Sure he doesn't have the Traditional "Look" of an NBA body but that explosion is something that you NEVER saw out of   Sully Or Big Baby.. EVER..   That's more like Mini ShaQ (who was BIG but never had a "Weight" Issue..)
  And his 3ball % is Super enticing, match that with his First step and you have something unique and Special for a man of that size..  You can totally understand why Danny grabbed this guy with his 2nd pick..
Read up on him. He has weight issues. And its FIBA 3s right not exactly the same as NBA.

Quit crying.  Kid has real talent.  FIBA 3 much closer to NBA 3 than college 3.  Nonsensical criticism. Reaching, CSNotFAn.

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2016, 10:49:51 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2689
  • bammokja
For what it's worth I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that he's not on the roster this season.

- He's on a pretty ****ty team in France that probably isn't that conducive to development
- He has a buyout.
- He's US sophomore-aged, so it's not as if he's so young that playing in the NBA would be actively harmful to his growth (Zizic is a year younger)
- He plays a position where minutes will be available (assuming Sullinger/Zeller walk)
- He has an elite skill that we're desperately in need of (spot-up shooting)
- You generally don't use the #16 pick on players you don't plan on seeing for years.
wasnt saric picked at #12 in the first round? sometimes that is what you do to get talent. it is often better to get good talent in a few years than lesser talent now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2016, 10:51:04 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Some of us actually predicted we'd take Brown. Some of us realized long ago that Jimmy Butler was worth more to Chicago than he was to us? Some of us said immediately that the Noel deal was horrible because it didn't really fit the needs of the team with a bunch of later picks that we already had? Or that Okafor wasn't worth the #3 pick and that people here were grossly overvaluing him?

It didn't take a lot to figure most of this stuff out. In fact, most of it was quite obvious and thus some of us knew what to expect on draft night, which was that we got bigger, more athletic and we got guys that fit together well. That all sounds fine to me. Frankly, the only thing I'm truly surprised about was that I expected to acquire Brook Lopez last night from the Nets.

Some folks are acting like petulant children because you didn't get your binkie last night. Too bad. Your tears of anguish will make it all the more satisfying when Brown makes the All Star game within the next 5 years.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:58:30 AM by Granath »
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2016, 10:52:10 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2689
  • bammokja
$20 says he'll tear down a backboard eventually (sooner than later), with one of those monster dunks, if he maintains his weight around 250.
would you settle for a tp instead?  ;D you may be right, but it is a fun bet.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2016, 10:54:15 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 449

Has LeBron torn down a backboard yet? He's bigger and stronger than the French Tank.

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2016, 10:55:08 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I never heard of this kid until yesterday.

Today I'm in love with him!!!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2016, 10:55:50 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson

S M H

Indeed.

No, it's just you and the same old half a dozen negative nancy's who like to crap all over everything the team does because you either like losing or thing there's only one way to accomplish something. The same old cast of characters acting out the same tired act.

There's no frantic attempts to spin this draft. The proof will be 3 or 4 years from now as it always is. In the meanwhile, you and your ilk have crapped all over every other move yet the team just about doubled its win total over the last couple of years which goes to show how truly little you guys know about the game of basketball.

This is a lie and you know it.  People have been frantically trying to spin this draft since we took Brown.  Just look at all the posts saying "This is a disaster" and "Danny is an idiot" or calling for him to be fired.  Those people have been frantically trying to spin it as a failure all night.

Why would we have to "frantically try to spin this draft since we took Brown" when some of us actually predicted we'd take Brown? Why would we need spin when we realized long ago that Jimmy Butler was worth more to Chicago than he was to us? Why would we need spin when we said immediately that the Noel deal was horrible because it didn't really fit the needs of the team with a bunch of later picks that we already had? Or that Okafor wasn't worth the #3 pick and that people here were grossly overvaluing him? Do you need me to go point out the threads where I said every single one of these things in the last few weeks?

It didn't take a lot to figure most of this stuff out. In fact, most of it was quite obvious and thus some of us knew what to expect on draft night, which was that we got bigger, more athletic and we got guys that fit together well. That all sounds fine to me. Frankly, the only thing I'm truly surprised about was that I expected to acquire Brook Lopez last night from the Nets.

Some of you are acting like petulant children because you didn't get your binkie last night. Too bad. Your tears of anguish will make it all the more satisfying when Brown makes the All Star game within the next 5 years.

...I'm agreeing with you....

The anti-Brown and anti-Danny people have been spinning the draft as being bad all night
I'm bitter.

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2016, 10:57:12 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Sorry, misread. My bad, Jim. Edited my post.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2016, 10:59:29 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

S M H

Indeed.

Why would we have to "frantically try to spin this draft since we took Brown" when some of us actually predicted we'd take Brown? Why would we need spin when we realized long ago that Jimmy Butler was worth more to Chicago than he was to us? Why would we need spin when we said immediately that the Noel deal was horrible because it didn't really fit the needs of the team with a bunch of later picks that we already had? Or that Okafor wasn't worth the #3 pick and that people here were grossly overvaluing him? Do you need me to go point out the threads where I said every single one of these things in the last few weeks?

Some of you are acting like petulant children because you didn't get your binkie last night. Too bad. Your tears of anguish will make it all the more satisfying when Brown makes the All Star game within the next 5 years.

The anti-Brown and anti-Danny people have been spinning the draft as being bad all night

Beyond Brown, which is a project pick at best. But that obviously escapes most of you, in your equally frantic attempts to defend the draft savant Danny Ainge.

I get that you're not going to turn loose of your idealized view of the wildly overrated Mr. Ainge easily.

Don't expect the world to buy "In Danny We Trust," however. Your sell got a LOT tougher with his dismal performance last night. One of the worst Celtic drafts. Ever.

Now, you can have at it. I don't intend to dwell on the disaster that was last night. Clearly, the sad state of this franchise doesn't deserve that much attention.

But I do intend to continue laughing at you from afar, blind loyalty being what it is.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2016, 11:14:57 AM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52

S M H

Indeed.

Beyond Brown, which is a project pick at best. But that obviously escapes most of you, in your equally frantic attempts to defend the draft savant Danny Ainge.

I get that you're not going to turn loose of your idealized view of the wildly overrated Mr. Ainge easily.

Don't expect the world to buy "In Danny We Trust," however. Your sell got a LOT tougher with his dismal performance last night. One of the worst Celtic drafts. Ever.

Now, you can have at it. I don't intend to dwell on the disaster that was last night. Clearly, the sad state of this franchise doesn't deserve that much attention.

But I do intend to continue laughing at you from afar, blind loyalty being what it is.

You wouldn't know a Jaylen nor a Yabusele if you tripped over one in the street. Incredibly easy to be a critic. Easiest job in the world.

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2016, 11:22:11 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
Sorry, misread. My bad, Jim. Edited my post.

No problem
I'm bitter.