Poll

Which players would you want us to come away with if we traded up to numeber 6? (Pick 2)

Dragan Bender
14 (24.6%)
Kris Dunn
8 (14%)
Jaylen Brown
13 (22.8%)
Buddy Hield
8 (14%)
Jamal Murray
7 (12.3%)
Marquese Chriss
3 (5.3%)
Jakob Poeltl
2 (3.5%)
Domantas Sabonis
1 (1.8%)
Henry Ellenson
0 (0%)
Malachai Richardson
0 (0%)
Wade Baldwin IV
1 (1.8%)
Other (Explain in Comments)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Poll: Moving up with The Pelicans  (Read 3223 times)

Re: Poll: Moving up with The Pelicans
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 06:35:53 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I voted Brown and Chriss - youth and athleticism.

I still say Rozier, 16, 23, and Amir for 6, Pondexter, Asik

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 06:37:52 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
NOP gets: Bradley, #16, #23, #31
BOS gets: #6, Tyreke

That also bothers me.  Who are you going to draft at 6?  Hield?  Would you trade Bradley straight up for Hield?  Heck no.  And for the privilege of making that terrible swap we give up picks 16, 23, and 31 plus have to take on Tyreke Evans?  Holy crap.  I can't say no to that loudly or fast enough.

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 06:40:28 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I voted Brown and Chriss - youth and athleticism.

I still say Rozier, 16, 23, and Amir for 6, Pondexter, Asik

That is actually reasonable, although I want no part of Asik, or Pondexter for that matter.   Still an overpay in my estimation in that we have to pay Asik and they can waive Amir for nothing but that is the price of moving up I guess.

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 07:01:44 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
NOP gets: Bradley, #16, #23, #31
BOS gets: #6, Tyreke

That also bothers me.  Who are you going to draft at 6?  Hield?  Would you trade Bradley straight up for Hield?  Heck no.  And for the privilege of making that terrible swap we give up picks 16, 23, and 31 plus have to take on Tyreke Evans?  Holy crap.  I can't say no to that loudly or fast enough.

The trade was taken from the Reddit thread and I believe that it was posed by Pelicans fans so they might not value Bradley as highly as we do and we might not value Tyreke as much as they do. Honestly being that it came from their side. there'd be a good chance that it wouldn't take that much. Maybe take out one of the picks, or swap out Bradley for Rozier.

As I stated in the OP though the thread is mostly to discuss which prospects to target if we did do a deal like this. The proposed deal was only an example of what a deal might look like.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2016, 11:13:52 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Why not trade IT and KO for 6?  Eric Gordon is a free agent and is always hurt, Jrue Holiday can't seem to be able to stay on the court, either, and KO gives them insurance in case Ryan Anderson goes elsewhere.  Then just stay put at 3, take Dunn, and select Poeltl at 6.  Boom ;D.