Author Topic: How high will Zhou Qi climb in the draft?  (Read 4066 times)

Re: How high will Zhou Qi climb in the draft?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 08:17:25 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Maybe early 20s...dude needs to gain some serious muscle though. Wow!

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 08:41:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Maybe early 20s...dude needs to gain some serious muscle though. Wow!

was gobert this slender when he came into the league

another question is, why did Yi Jianlian have so much trouble in the nba? 

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 08:52:01 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Stay away guys. I watch this guy a lot (teammates with Blatche in the CBA) and in a league where Yi Jianlian is a superstar, this guy had worse production than Yi. He has mobility and length on D but the Gobert comparison ends there. He is gets pushed around easily and I think like Mikki Moore have trouble staying on court.

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 11:44:44 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
He's really intriguing. I think it's a bit of a reach to take him at 16 given that he's so unproven vs respectable competition, but I don't see him falling to the 2nd round.

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 09:09:55 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Stay away guys. I watch this guy a lot (teammates with Blatche in the CBA) and in a league where Yi Jianlian is a superstar, this guy had worse production than Yi. He has mobility and length on D but the Gobert comparison ends there. He is gets pushed around easily and I think like Mikki Moore have trouble staying on court.
How good do you think he could be if he put on another 20 ibs? I think it's evident that his weight is hurting his draft stock due to how easy he gets pushed around, but could he turn into a center in the mold of Gobert, Larry Sanders or even DeAndre Jordan if he weighted around 235-240 ibs? Personally, I don't know. Haven't seen anything but high light reels of this kid.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 10:18:08 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
How good do you think he could be if he put on another 20 ibs? I think it's evident that his weight is hurting his draft stock due to how easy he gets pushed around, but could he turn into a center in the mold of Gobert, Larry Sanders or even DeAndre Jordan if he weighted around 235-240 ibs? Personally, I don't know. Haven't seen anything but high light reels of this kid.

It seems he's put on 20lb in the last year, so I think it's perfectly plausible he can get up to 240 or 245lb.

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 10:24:12 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja

His defense is awful? Wait. What? I'm not pretending I've seen more than His highlights, but I thought that's the reason to draft him, he has Gobert like length and moves possibly better. His lateral quickness looks very good as well.
 I'm sure he can get bullied by stronger guys, but weak side shot blocking should be very good.

Tell me what you know, I'm listening. My point is If someone is taking him before 23 then you may have to use 16 ala Terry Rozier.
like most folks here, i am basing my opinions on slim evidence, but it is all we have. please look at the draftexpress video on zhou's defense, it is in the "weaknesses" clip. aside from physical limitations near the basket (strength, bulk) questions are raised on his defensive awareness.

adding to this was the clip where he is matched up in china with yi. that was very limited, but in that video i saw problems on recovering on defense, boxing out, contact underneath the basket. zhou has question marks on defense, no doubt.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Zhou-Qi-61857/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva