Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins wants to stay in Sacramento  (Read 5254 times)

DeMarcus Cousins wants to stay in Sacramento
« on: April 29, 2016, 10:07:54 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Dang it!

"I want to be the person to bring us back to the glory days ... this is a personal vendetta for me"

Also...

DeMarcus Cousins said the Kings would be a playoff team if Michael Malone were still here. Didn't hesitate.

I love the loyalty (to the franchise and his former coach), but open your eyes, DeMarcus!  That franchise is garbage!

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/demarcus_cousins_kings_would_be_playoff_team_with_michael_malone/s1_127_20796865

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: DeMarcus Cousins wants to stay in Sacramento
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 10:18:12 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I've always figured he'd stay there until his contract was up.

And yeah, that franchise is a horrible mess.

I think there's some reason to believe they could make a playoff run with a decent coach and some reconfiguration of their supporting cast.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:18:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This sounds like good news to me.  Kings will be stay irrelevant for a long time. Not our problem

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 10:18:46 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Sounds like he may be a guy that might trust someones word a little too much.

I am sure they have filled his ears of all sorts of promises. 

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 10:21:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Another question is , which coach (good not desperate) will want to coach this dysfunctional team anyways

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 10:24:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Dang it!

"I want to be the person to bring us back to the glory days ... this is a personal vendetta for me"

Also...

DeMarcus Cousins said the Kings would be a playoff team if Michael Malone were still here. Didn't hesitate.

I love the loyalty (to the franchise and his former coach), but open your eyes, DeMarcus!  That franchise is garbage!

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/demarcus_cousins_kings_would_be_playoff_team_with_michael_malone/s1_127_20796865

Roy do you think also IT wants to play with cousins and vice versa??

On top of the attitude issues

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 10:29:32 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I dont like that he placed all the blame,on the season on Karl and said nothing about the poor assemblance of talent around him by the front office or the fact that the players and he should have played better and tried to by into whatever coach was coaching him. I find his total lack of self responsibility disturbing.

Just something like "While my team mates and especially myself could have played better and been more focused, Coach Karl just didnt know how to get us to play to our fullest potential as a team. I want to stay here in Sactown. What we need is more talent and a coach that can get the best out of that talent. I want to be here when that happens and the Kings are once again back to being a contender."

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 10:29:40 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Lol  What "Glory Day's" does he speak of? The few times the Kings actually made the playoffs.

Cousins is a perfect Sacramento King.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 10:32:30 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lol  What "Glory Day's" does he speak of? The few times the Kings actually made the playoffs.

Despite not winning a title, the Webber / Vlade years count as glory days. Not every franchise is the Celtics.  The team was really good (only a league screw job from the Finals), and the team was wildly popular.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 10:33:02 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Sounds like he may be a guy that might trust someones word a little too much.

I am sure they have filled his ears of all sorts of promises.

Yeah.

The fact that he's trusting Vlade Divac to surround him with a championship-caliber roster is a bigger indictment of what's between his ears than any of his alleged attitude problems.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 10:48:50 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

Despite not winning a title, the Webber / Vlade years count as glory days. Not every franchise is the Celtics.  The team was really good (only a league screw job from the Finals), and the team was wildly popular.
rochester kings one in '51 I think. Serious glory days right der

*edit: Rochester royals
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 10:58:10 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Didn't Aldridge say he wanted to be the best Blazer ever?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 11:07:29 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1708
Didn't Aldridge say he wanted to be the best Blazer ever?

This.

Everybody puts on a loyal face to the media.

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 11:10:06 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Makes sense for SAC to keep him.

They are unlikely to generate much value by trading him now: Sacramento was awful this season and DMC strengthened his reputation as an unpredictable trouble maker.

It is hard to imagine SAC making the playoffs next season, but at least with DMC they will have a chance.

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 11:11:04 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I dont like that he placed all the blame,on the season on Karl and said nothing about the poor assemblance of talent around him by the front office or the fact that the players and he should have played better and tried to by into whatever coach was coaching him. I find his total lack of self responsibility disturbing.

Just something like "While my team mates and especially myself could have played better and been more focused, Coach Karl just didnt know how to get us to play to our fullest potential as a team. I want to stay here in Sactown. What we need is more talent and a coach that can get the best out of that talent. I want to be here when that happens and the Kings are once again back to being a contender."

I think it seems pretty obvious (by everything that has transpired this year) that Karl's negative impact on the team went far beyond just X's and O's.

Everything seems to indicate that he was a major source of negativity and backstabbing. 

There have been many times in the past where I've heard Cousins accept some of the blame for losses - admitting that he has to play better, etc.  I've also heard many times where he's had no problems calling out the team.  I don't think Cousins is afraid to do either - I just think that Coach Karl was, metaphorically speaking, a cancer in that locker room. 

If it were any other person I might lean towards the coach's side, but this is George Karl we're talking about.  He's a guy who has an incredibly long history of having conflicts with star players.  Not sure why he gets a free pass, and everybody throws blame onto Cousins.

Cousins if anything seems like one of the few guys on that team who is actually doing his job at a high level and pulling his weight.