Author Topic: 2016 NBA Mock Draft 1.0  (Read 6553 times)

2016 NBA Mock Draft 1.0
« on: February 25, 2016, 12:13:26 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I had this whole thing neatly in the Real GM draft simulator with some reasoning behind each pick, but I accidentally left the page and I'm much too lazy to rewrite the blurbs. This is NOT a big board and team need played a large role. I'm going to try to do rotate between big boards and mocks, but I strongly prefer doing mocks, so who knows if I'll actually stick to the plan (let me know which you guys prefer). I'll post a link to my Big Board 1.0 below also. Finally, if you have any comments/criticisms or want to hear my reasoning for any picks/thoughts on players, let me know in the comments. Thanks for looking!

Mock 1.0

1. Sixers- Brandon Ingram
2. Lakers- Ben Simmons
3, Suns- Jaylen Brown
4. Celtics- Dragan Bender
5. Timberwolves- Kris Dunn
6. Denver- Ivan Rabb
7. New Orleans- Jamal Murray
8. Toronto- Henry Ellenson
9. Bucks- Jakob Poeltl
10. Kings- Buddy Hield
11. Magic- Skal Labissiere
12. Suns- Deyonta Davis
13. Rockets- Timothe Luwawu
14. Pistons- Wade Baldwin

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=82691.msg2024393#msg2024393

Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Re: 2016 NBA Mock Draft 1.0
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:24:40 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I think if the Cs are looking for a trade up partner in this draft its Orlando. I can see a 3 team trade that give a team the Dallas and Boston picks depending on where they are, Orlando getting a vet and Boston getting that Magic pick. I dont see them adding another young player.

That's just an observation.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 12:27:38 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
I think if the Cs are looking for a trade up partner in this draft its Orlando. I can see a 3 team trade that give a team the Dallas and Boston picks depending on where they are, Orlando getting a vet and Boston getting that Magic pick. I dont see them adding another young player.

I agree completely, but I did this without trades. Magic, Pelicans, Rockets, Pistons, Suns are all candidates to trade back. I think the Suns will strongly consider moving back if they don't jump into the top two. Ellenson's the best fit for them outside of Ingram and Simmons, but it would be silly to take him #3 when someone probably wants to move up for Bender, Dunn, or Brown.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 12:33:28 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Oh I know. I was just off on a side note.

I agree completely, but I did this without trades. Magic, Pelicans, Rockets, Pistons, Suns are all candidates to trade back. I think the Suns will strongly consider moving back if they don't jump into the top two. Ellenson's the best fit for them outside of Ingram and Simmons, but it would be silly to take him #3 when someone probably wants to move up for Bender, Dunn, or Brown.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 12:38:33 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
soild.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 12:41:42 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
Just want to put this out there: I have a lot of thoughts on Buddy Hield, but it's late right now and I want to write something a little bit more substantial about him.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 12:56:02 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
If Poeltl projects as a better Asik, doesn't that mean the Pelicans will probably take him?

Can't imagine the Celtics using a #4 overall pick to wait 2-3 years on a eurostash. All 7 of their other picks, yes, just not that one.

I'd prefer it if the Lakers got the 3rd pick, lol.

Wouldn't Colangelo probably insist on picking Simmons if the Sixers win the Simmons Sweepstakes, so as not to enrage the fanbase beyond the breaking point?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 01:11:39 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Twolves wouldn't take Dunn
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 01:13:42 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Reports indicated that they're preparing for life after Ricky Rubio, and Dunn fits in very nicely with their core.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 01:15:56 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
If Poeltl projects as a better Asik, doesn't that mean the Pelicans will probably take him?

Can't imagine the Celtics using a #4 overall pick to wait 2-3 years on a eurostash. All 7 of their other picks, yes, just not that one.

Wouldn't Colangelo probably insist on picking Simmons if the Sixers win the Simmons Sweepstakes, so as not to enrage the fanbase beyond the breaking point?

I strongly considered Poeltl for them, but I think they're so devoid of talent, and will have a hole at the 2 with Gordon gone, that Murray made more sense at this point.

Bender has a ton of upside. According to Woj, he also has very workable buyout clauses in his contract. It's still not super clear when he would come over, but it could be sooner rather than later.

I prefer Ingram, and Simmons really adds to their logjam in the frontcourt. Ingram is the (potential) superstar they're looking for on the wing.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 01:17:31 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2443

I'd prefer it if the Lakers got the 4th pick, so it goes to Philly  8)
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 01:35:33 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

If they find all the college guys at that point uninspiring, they need to swing for the fences.

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 01:45:04 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Reports indicated that they're preparing for life after Ricky Rubio, and Dunn fits in very nicely with their core.
No. They were just listening to calls on him at the deadline. Not actively shopping him.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2016, 06:41:14 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Is Skal Labissiere starting to remind anyone else of Channing Frye?

Frye was pretty impressive when he was a young player. 6-11. Long. athletic. Ran the floor very well. He had a couple of post moves. He had a jump-shot all the way out to 18-22 feet. He blocked shots. He grabbed a decent (8-9 rebounds per 36). Frye was really impressive that first season in the NBA under Larry Brown in NYC. But Frye was soft. Didn't like contact. Shied away from things. Never made the most of his talent. Stopped posting up. Didn't try hard enough defensively. Stopped going for blocks. Didn't fight hard enough for rebounds. Then a couple of years into his NBA career, after his career started to fall apart, Frye redefined himself as a stretch 4 and made a good career for himself as a glue guy.

I am thinking of the size. The athleticism. The shooting ability on long two point jumpers. Some interior talent on both ends of the floor but nowhere close to realizing those abilities. The softness. The lack of fight in the paint. The discomfort against physicality.

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 07:14:44 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Simmons going #1 no matter who gets first pick
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin