Author Topic: Hot December Scorers  (Read 360 times)

Hot December Scorers
« on: December 28, 2015, 02:36:01 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
For a team that is desperate need for a "go-to" scorer, we had a pretty solid month of scoring by 4 young players. Just wanted to throw out some props, but also throw out the idea that perhaps  our go-to scorer can be developed?
I know it's not the sexy method of obtaining a natural All-Star talent, but I think it's not out of the realm of possibility given the age of these guys.

Dec Avg   Points     Age
Olynyk   13.2           24
Crowder   16.1           25
Thomas   20.6           26
Bradley   14.0           25
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Hot December Scorers
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 02:41:50 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Crowder's hot streak this week is definitely something to be optimistic about...I think he had like 3 straight games of a double double...

rebounding, shooting 3s, slashing/cutting, it's just beautiful to watch

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 02:45:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Last night it was mentioned that KO had the highest PPG of any player under 24 MPG in Dec - that is pretty cool, as there is reason to believe he could be even more effective with more minutes.

Bradley and IT are playing as expected (and needed); Crowder has been a great surprise, but anybody who saw him last year - especially in the playoff series against the Cavs - knew that he was the kind of guy every team would love to have. He may not be Jimmy Butler, but hopefully he can continue to improve offensively.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 02:46:20 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100
I don't think many have had doubts about these guys being 14-16 PPG guys if given the opportunity. It's wondering if we need a 25 PPG guy to go along with these guys. I go back and forth about it. I want a 25 PPG guy, but I'm not sure if it is absolutely necessary especially if they play defense like this. I mean we have to remember that our own contending Celtics team for 5 years didn't have a 25 PPG guy. Sure Ray and PP averaged 25 on their own, but when together we basically had one 20 PPG guy, one 18 PPG guy, and a 14-16 PPG guy. Defensively we were a monster, but offensively the Celtics never really played much better than what they are currently playing like honestly. As much as I loved those guys, they didn't really play like the offensive superstars (when together) they were separately, ya know?

So right now we have one 20 PPG guy who can create for himself with little to no help. Then we have a few guys who are good enough offensively to provide 14-16 PPG if given the opportunity, but their ability to create on their own is kind of limited. Not a bad spot to be in.

More than anything I just think we need another player who can create for himself. Doesn't have to be a 25 PPG guy. Just another IT level or even lower offensive player. It can even be a 15 PPG guy. It just has to be someone who can create on his own.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:58:34 PM by DarkAzcura »