Author Topic: Wild Guess: Gallinari  (Read 7022 times)

Re: Wild Guess: Gallinari
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2015, 09:16:05 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Gallo would be a good fit here. Could go small and have him and lee at the PF and C with a group of
Thomas Smart Croweder Gallo and Lee at times in a game would be a lot of fun to watch. I would also pull the trigger simply because we could use a shooter like him and he is another expiring contract.

I'm starting to get weary of all these expiring contracts next year. The cap goes up already + we have a ton of expiring contracts. FA next year is looking pretty rough so we are either going to overpay for stiffs or suit up George Washington and Benjamin Franklin.

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 09:20:20 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Gallo would be a good fit here. Could go small and have him and lee at the PF and C with a group of
Thomas Smart Croweder Gallo and Lee at times in a game would be a lot of fun to watch. I would also pull the trigger simply because we could use a shooter like him and he is another expiring contract.

I'm starting to get weary of all these expiring contracts next year. The cap goes up already + we have a ton of expiring contracts. FA next year is looking pretty rough so we are either going to overpay for stiffs or suit up George Washington and Benjamin Franklin.
I'd rather trade for him with the intention of retaining him personally, but if expiring is a worst case scenario, that's not bad at all.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 09:20:35 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979
He is awful since being hurt .

Can't  hit the broad side of a barn ....I ve been watching ....he is D league level .

Lost his fast first step

Seems very very unconfident since losing some of his physical hi level ability .

If he was still performing at the level or COULD when he was at the Knicks , then yeah he WAS good .

Some people can rebound from serious injuries ......look at D Rose ......shadow of his former self

Leave this player alone ......don't need him ......no way.

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 09:22:52 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
I hope not. Too many injuries. Defense too bad. Not the player he was a few years ago.

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 09:27:41 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
He is awful since being hurt .

Can't  hit the broad side of a barn ....I ve been watching ....he is D league level .

Lost his fast first step

Seems very very unconfident since losing some of his physical hi level ability .

If he was still performing at the level or COULD when he was at the Knicks , then yeah he WAS good .

Some people can rebound from serious injuries ......look at D Rose ......shadow of his former self

Leave this player alone ......don't need him ......no way.

You are talking about Gallinari? Can't hit the broad side of a barn? That's funny.

The 15 games he played after returning from injury he averaged 19.8 pts per game and average 5 RPG.

Yeah I would hate to have that on my team taking time away from James Young or anyone for that matter.  ::)

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 09:28:12 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
What if we used the Rondo TPE to get Gallinari (it is  about 1.5 mil higher than his salary) and in a second deal send KO and evan turner for a second rounder. I think this would be fair for both teams. The C's get gallo(scoring wing), free up the logjam at PF and somewhat the guard position if you count turner as a guard. And the nuggets get a young pf in olynyk that I think could play well next to nurkic and they take a flyer on evan turner. What do you guys think?
I gave you your first TP for innovative thinking to separate the transactions assuming that we don't renounce our TPEs. If Denver is highly motivated to move Gallinari, maybe they would bite. My other question is are we using that TPE for Amir Johnson?

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2015, 09:34:53 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I think Chandler's the more obvious target, as far as the Nuggets go. Turner and one asset for him makes some sense for both sides.

I'd also like to see Ainge acquire Covington from Philly, though not sure if they care to move him.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2015, 09:55:02 AM »

Offline Ray_32

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
What if we used the Rondo TPE to get Gallinari (it is  about 1.5 mil higher than his salary) and in a second deal send KO and evan turner for a second rounder. I think this would be fair for both teams. The C's get gallo(scoring wing), free up the logjam at PF and somewhat the guard position if you count turner as a guard. And the nuggets get a young pf in olynyk that I think could play well next to nurkic and they take a flyer on evan turner. What do you guys think?
I gave you your first TP for innovative thinking to separate the transactions assuming that we don't renounce our TPEs. If Denver is highly motivated to move Gallinari, maybe they would bite. My other question is are we using that TPE for Amir Johnson?
In the event of a sign and trade for Amir could we send Lee for Amir and ridnour so the salaries match up and then cut ridnour before his contract becomes guaranteed on July 11th? Lee could be a good backup for them next to biyombo

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2015, 09:58:55 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2731
In the event of a sign and trade for Amir could we send Lee for Amir and ridnour so the salaries match up and then cut ridnour before his contract becomes guaranteed on July 11th? Lee could be a good backup for them next to biyombo

Lee's agent stated publicly that the Celtics were after Lee for a long time and are very excited to have him, he will be part of the team long term, so I would not be expecting us to move Lee anytime soon. If anything, I expect to move some picks and younger guys for more vets before the season starts. 

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2015, 10:05:33 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Our 4 best players now are Isaiah Thomas, Marcus Smart, David Lee, and Amir Johnson.  If the team wants to win, those will be 4 of the 5 starters.

You can't carry IT, D. Lee, and Gallo in the same lineup together.  That's just asking to get punched in the nose inside on every possession.

If we're going after a wing from Denver, Wilson Chandler probably makes the most sense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 10:06:18 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Lee's agent stated publicly that the Celtics were after Lee for a long time and are very excited to have him, he will be part of the team long term, so I would not be expecting us to move Lee anytime soon. If anything, I expect to move some picks and younger guys for more vets before the season starts.

Right and I'm sure an agent has never said anything like that if he didn't mean it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 10:08:13 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I think Chandler's the more obvious target, as far as the Nuggets go. Turner and one asset for him makes some sense for both sides.

I prefer Chandler to Gallinari. In any case, I wouldn't "overpay" to acquire either of Gallinari or Chandler as they are both FAs next summer and the Cs could simply pay them to come here if they really want them.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 10:09:54 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440

I prefer Chandler to Gallinari. In any case, I wouldn't "overpay" to acquire either of Gallinari or Chandler as they are both FAs next summer and the Cs could simply pay them to come here if they really want them.

I think the point may be that we are overloaded with guards and need SFs.

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2015, 10:18:10 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I think the point may be that we are overloaded with guards and need SFs.

I hear you, but again I wouldn't overpay simply to "clean up" the roster for this year.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 10:19:38 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I'm not sure that Toronto would want Lee but I don't believe that a player (Johnson) who is signed and traded can be combined with another player (Ridnour). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.