Author Topic: Wild Guess: Gallinari  (Read 7023 times)

Re: Wild Guess: Gallinari
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 08:27:56 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
I'd pass on Gallinari. He has shot over 42% from the field once and misses a good chunk of games due to injury pretty much every year.

He shoots almost 36% from 3pt. He is not a guard so if we can lose some guards and pick up a SF I would like that. Obviously the health is a concern but he has one year left on contract so if it's a bust then it isn't a big deal. If he stays healthy he is a difference maker.

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 08:34:23 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Started a thread about it last night. A guy on the Cs Reddit and on Twitter that works through the Cap suggested Gallo almost right after the Lee trade went through. Seems to think that that's the target due to team needs and the salary construction.

I would love it. I actually think his injury history is a plus for Danny. It shows Brad that Danny is taking the swings to get better, but if Gallo gets hurt then he can go into the tank.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 08:36:26 AM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Turner, Sully, Pressey and Babb works in the trade machine, and might even make sense for the Nuggets. Can Jerebko be traded right after signing a contract?

I would love to take a shot at Gallinari. Sure he's an injury risk, but he's a better all-around player than people give him credit for, and we could really use that 3-point shooting.

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 08:36:54 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Tommy point for the idea because Gallinari is someone the Celtics could definitely use and we could probably get him for less than what he's worth. Denver is probably going to want young value and/or expirings for Gallo. I'd love to get him without giving up Bradley or Zeller.

Turner/Sullinger/Young/Pressey/Babb+Minnesota's pick could get it done. Amongst their downsides, Sully and Young do give young upside to a Denver team that is clearly trying to rebuild. I'm still optimistic about those two but I feel like with the recent drafting and free agent acquisitions the Celtics have made, I wonder if they might be moving on from them.

Smart-Bradley-Gallo-Lee-Johnson is a good starting 5. A nice step in the rebuilding process.

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 08:40:16 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Tommy point for the idea because Gallinari is someone the Celtics could definitely use and we could probably get him for less than what he's worth. Denver is probably going to want young value and/or expirings for Gallo. I'd love to get him without giving up Bradley or Zeller.

Turner/Sullinger/Young/Pressey/Babb+Minnesota's pick could get it done. Amongst their downsides, Sully and Young do give young upside to a Denver team that is clearly trying to rebuild. I'm still optimistic about those two but I feel like with the recent drafting and free agent acquisitions the Celtics have made, I wonder if they might be moving on from them.

Smart-Bradley-Gallo-Lee-Johnson is a good starting 5. A nice step in the rebuilding process.

I have read multiple places that Babb will be included with Wallace for Lee.

I think AB has to be included in any deal because he has the highest salary 7.7 mill along with something else.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 08:41:58 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
Started a thread about it last night. A guy on the Cs Reddit and on Twitter that works through the Cap suggested Gallo almost right after the Lee trade went through. Seems to think that that's the target due to team needs and the salary construction.

I would love it. I actually think his injury history is a plus for Danny. It shows Brad that Danny is taking the swings to get better, but if Gallo gets hurt then he can go into the tank.

And funny enough, Lee is an injury risk too and Johnson struggled with injuries throughout most of last season. If all of them get hurt, the Celtics can tank. I'm liking these off-season moves more and more. I don't want them to get hurt and I hope the Celtics play well this year, but if they do, I won't be mad.

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell

I have read multiple places that Babb will be included with Wallace for Lee.

I think AB has to be included in any deal because he has the highest salary 7.7 mill along with something else.

Maybe so, but I think the Celtics might be reluctant to trade Bradley on that team-friendly contract for one year rental of Gallo even if they have two young guards who could take Bradley's spot in Rozier and Hunter.

I think the Celtics will try their best to get the best of both worlds.

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 08:55:38 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
It's a tough call, I like Gallo's game but as others have mentioned injuries are a concern combined with the fact he is a FA next season.
We aren't going to win a championship with him so is losing Bradley and Turner worth a rental player? Obviously we will be in the running to re-sign him assuming he likes Boston... I mean the North End has got to be great for an Italian compared to anything they have in Denver right?

Maybe he'd be willing to sign an extension upon the trade? Doubtful he'd want to and doubt we'd be willing?

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 08:57:28 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I'd rather just sign Lawson and give Gigi some time at sf.  He at least moves and can hit the open shots from time to time

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 09:01:15 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
It's a tough call, I like Gallo's game but as others have mentioned injuries are a concern combined with the fact he is a FA next season.
We aren't going to win a championship with him so is losing Bradley and Turner worth a rental player? Obviously we will be in the running to re-sign him assuming he likes Boston... I mean the North End has got to be great for an Italian compared to anything they have in Denver right?

Maybe he'd be willing to sign an extension upon the trade? Doubtful he'd want to and doubt we'd be willing?

I thought that was the point of all Danny signings was to get everyone on a one year deal so he can trade them if/when needed or use their expiring contracts in a positive way, etc.  Over the past week I would say a majority of the armchair GMs here were trying to give away AB & ET for nothing because we have the new wave of guards that they drafted. I mean I don't get it - do we want to keep AB & ET or not? Do we want a SF that is offensively gifted or not? Are we trying to get as many expiring contracts as we can or not?

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 09:03:07 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Bradley, Turner, Zeller

For

Gallo, Foye

Is that giving up too much?

Too much for me. Gallo is a risk and with Bradley you more or less know what you're getting which is a solid player.  Plus it leaves a gap at SG unless if you think any of young players are ready to step in and start, which I don't.

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 09:04:32 AM »

Offline Ray_32

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
What if we used the Rondo TPE to get Gallinari (it is  about 1.5 mil higher than his salary) and in a second deal send KO and evan turner for a second rounder. I think this would be fair for both teams. The C's get gallo(scoring wing), free up the logjam at PF and somewhat the guard position if you count turner as a guard. And the nuggets get a young pf in olynyk that I think could play well next to nurkic and they take a flyer on evan turner. What do you guys think?

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I wish I knew how these TPE's worked and when you can or cannot use them and the cap and all that but I don't - so I will leave that to Danny & Company and hope for the best.

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 09:09:53 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Gallo would be a good fit here. Could go small and have him and lee at the PF and C with a group of
Thomas Smart Croweder Gallo and Lee at times in a game would be a lot of fun to watch. I would also pull the trigger simply because we could use a shooter like him and he is another expiring contract.

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2015, 09:16:04 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I'd love to get Gallinari if the price was right. You can't expect him to be great and play all the time, but there's still a lot of potential and worth taking the risk.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!