Author Topic: Did the Lakers blow by us while we were watching fireworks?  (Read 13863 times)

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
In a quick weekend, I think the Lakers just became a better team than us!  Hibbert, LWilliams, and BBass! Wow!  To go with DRussell and Randle(who is basically a rookie), and Clarkson, Boozer,  and of course Kobe! Arguably better, or even at every position! 
For all the hope we had for big additions to our team---sad!   :'(

Re: Did the Lakers blow by us while we were watching fireworks?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 06:31:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Lakers have no depth and despite adding Hibbert will probably still be terrible defensively.

If Randle has a breakout sophomore season and Russell shows promise as a rookie, though, it could quickly start to look like they're ahead of us.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 06:37:29 PM »

Offline Blaze4G

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I did not see the point of Lakers signing all these new players. These players together won't come close to being an actual contender so why bother?

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 06:38:17 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
They are ahead of us for this year probably but all thir eggs are in the Randle/rusel basket and Im not sure thats better than the Celts. THen again it is entirely possible that those two are really good building blocks in which case LA could become a top FA destination again once Kove retires.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 06:41:56 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Boozer is a free agent.
They signed Bass, who we didn't want anyway.
Sure D'Angelo, Williams and Clarkson are good players, but they are all playing the same position and they can't be on the court at the same time (unless they play very small).
Randle hasn't proven anything and he might be worse after that scary injury.

No worries ;D!
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 06:51:29 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
They're certainly looking more like the Celtics—a bunch of pretty good bench guys but not much of a starting lineup.

Bass is a solid starter only if the rest of the starters are really good, which the Lakers' starters aren't. Randle (essentially a rookie), Clarkson (flash in the pan?), and Hibbert (washed up?) are huge question marks. Even Kobe's a bit of a question mark at this point.

I actually hope the Lakers are better than Boston this year, because that would give Boston a better draft pick next summer; and the Lakers, even if they somehow make the playoffs, have no shot of going anywhere this season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 06:53:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398
I think the only loser in their moves is Philadelphia. They now have a team that could win 35-40 games if their young guys can play and Hibbert is a little better after a change of scenery. That makes them not good enough to make the playoffs, but better than most of the terrible east teams and the worst teams in the West. What looked like it could be the 6th pick in 2015 is looking like a 12th-14th pick in 2016. I dont think that is what the 76ers were hoping for when they traded for that pick.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 06:55:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2743
They acquired some mediocre vets after missing out on every single one of the top tier and second tier free agents. They didn't blow by anyone, they went with what must have been plan C or D for them. They had to sign some vets or else Kobe would throw a fit. He's going to throw a fit anyways playing with Hibbert and Lou Williams, its going to be hilarious. Bass was a solid signing for them though, a good Boozer replacement with better defense and hustle.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 06:57:39 PM »

Offline Dedalus

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Unless they signed Chad Stevens we're still ahead

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 07:02:51 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
The Lakers and the Knicks put together teams that have a good chance to be better than us next year, but they sacrificed long term cap room and other assets to have mediocre teams that won't make it out of the first round.  It's exactly the kind of impatient move that you shouldn't do, although I have to admit I am intrigued by the Knicks a little.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 07:03:08 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Blow by us???

Hibbert
Bass
Russell
Randle
Clarkson

Don't see it

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 07:03:52 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
They're certainly looking more like the Celtics—a bunch of pretty good bench guys but not much of a starting lineup.

Bass is a solid starter only if the rest of the starters are really good, which the Lakers' starters aren't. Randle (essentially a rookie), Clarkson (flash in the pan?), and Hibbert (washed up?) are huge question marks. Even Kobe's a bit of a question mark at this point.

I actually hope the Lakers are better than Boston this year, because that would give Boston a better draft pick next summer; and the Lakers, even if they somehow make the playoffs, have no shot of going anywhere this season.

Kobe and Hibbert have "publically aired rocky relationship" written all over it. Unless Kobe has softened after all the injuries or Hibbert decides to stop imperonating mark Blount

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 07:08:47 PM »

Offline Lakersalltheway

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
You guys still have a better coach.  Byron sucks...

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 07:10:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Hibbert, Bass, and Kobe don't concern me even a little bit.

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 07:14:12 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

Kobe and Hibbert have "publically aired rocky relationship" written all over it. Unless Kobe has softened after all the injuries or Hibbert decides to stop imperonating mark Blount
TP and then some.  Kobe is a :-X.  Hibbert was called out by his Indy teammates.  Kobe will be arrested by mid season for strangling hibbert