Author Topic: more blocks and more 3's  (Read 367 times)

more blocks and more 3's
« on: July 01, 2015, 05:49:20 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
equals more wins.  We were a plus 500 team after the all star break last year.  Might win the division as it stands.  These were two of our biggest weak points last season were blocked shots and 3 pointers made.   Through the draft and free agency we have already added to that significantly.

Re: more blocks and more 3's
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 05:51:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Where are we getting more of either?

Amir doesn't get many more blocks than Bass, and he's not much of a three point shooter.

Jerebko and Crowder were already on the team.

Rozier may or may not be able to shoot.

Young and Hunter are good shooters in theory; might not break into the rotation at all, and who knows if they can actually hit shots at the NBA level.

I think the Celts would like to maximize threes and hustle stats, but the moves to this point are far from guaranteeing it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 05:54:09 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Amir johnson per minutes played is a much better shot blocker than Bass.  So is Jordan Mickey. Hunter was one of the best shooters in the draft.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 05:58:04 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
I'm confident Young will produce for us this year. I hope he's earned his rotational minutes but if that's still in question then he has the summer to prove otherwise.

What is with people's notion over these boards that height = blocks? I don't see it in this thread but elsewhere people look at our undersized PFs and rule out any chance that athletic ability has something to do with it.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!