Author Topic: Any chance we try a draft and stash with Marcus Thornton?  (Read 520 times)

Any chance we try a draft and stash with Marcus Thornton?
« on: June 28, 2015, 04:13:23 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
After the Thunder did it with their first round pick last year, I know it is possible, but i wonder if it would work specifically with Marcus Thornton. The idea would be that MT would not sign the usual second rounder contract, but would rather sign a deal with the Red Claws (ideally, though I guess he could go overseas too). Give him a year playing in the NBADL, and then sign him up in 2016, where he would be treated as a rookie.

I have no sense as to whether this kid needs the extra seasoning, or if he is otherwise likely to stick on a NBA roster, but the draft and stash would give the Cs flexibility and allow time for DA to move Pressey as part of a larger deal, and create the roster space for MT as the third string pg....

Re: Any chance we try a draft and stash with Marcus Thornton?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 04:14:20 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Of course.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I say do it, just because of our current roster space.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 04:25:40 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1215
I would assume that Danny asked Thornton if he would consider it, and that Thornton said yes, since he has next to no chance of making the roster and that's what we did with Colton Iverson
I'm bitter.