Author Topic: Find a trade for Avery  (Read 4526 times)

Find a trade for Avery
« on: June 26, 2015, 05:20:10 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I think the way to solve the imbalance is shipping Avery. Smart and Rozier give us his D, IT, RJ and Young - his O.

Who needs a D-first SG?

Charlotte? No D in their guard rotation. Unfortunately, no realistic trade I can see.

Indiana? Hibbert for AB+Wallace works, but I'd guess Indy wants to contend this year and they would have no 5 at all.

Skipping plenty of teams who have the need but lack something we like other than picks. Any ideas to whom we can sell Avery?

"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

Re: Find a trade for Avery
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 05:23:37 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
I think this further shows that James Young's best chance at playing time is as a SF.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 05:34:07 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I think this further shows that James Young's best chance at playing time is as a SF.
Even if James bulks up enough to play the 3 exclusively, the minutes distribution at 1 and 2 are going to be a nightmare for Brad:
PG - Smart (15 min), IT (25 min), Rozier (8 min)
SG - AB (25) , Smart (10), RJ (10), Rozier (3)

6 guard rotation?

and then

SF - ET (20), Crowder (20) , Young (8?)

If we do not resign Crowder, we will have nobody who can guard SFs effectively. If we do resign him, we have another backlog to solve.

Ainge will have to have a busy summer. No way we enter the season with this rotation.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 05:59:38 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Even if James bulks up enough to play the 3 exclusively, the minutes distribution at 1 and 2 are going to be a nightmare for Brad:
PG - Smart (15 min), IT (25 min), Rozier (8 min)
SG - AB (25) , Smart (10), RJ (10), Rozier (3)

6 guard rotation?

and then

SF - ET (20), Crowder (20) , Young (8?)

If we do not resign Crowder, we will have nobody who can guard SFs effectively. If we do resign him, we have another backlog to solve.

Ainge will have to have a busy summer. No way we enter the season with this rotation.

I think it is the end of Evan Turner.

I would look for something like this:

G: Smart, I.Thomas
 G: Bradley, Rozier
SF: Crowder, J.Young / RJ Hunter

Probably start with defense with Smart and Bradley in the backcourt with the hope that Rozier can start further down the road to get extra offense on the court. Lots of mixing and matching with the guards because they can all work with one another in a two guard backcourt.

Dump Evan Turner. Let James Young and RJ Hunter compete for backup SF minutes. Keep Gerald Wallace as 3rd string SF as proven defender and good alternative / contrast to the two young SG/SFs who dodgy defenders. Sort of an insurance if both guys are not ready to play next year (which is possible).

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 07:11:13 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
I think the best options would be Dieng and Noel, but I wouldn't give up Smart.
We would regret trading him big time in my oppinion.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 07:28:44 AM by DrJasper »
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 07:28:01 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pnde4a5

Boston out: Bradley, Young, Brooklyn 2016#, Cleveland 2016 2nd Rounder
Boston in: Noel, Trevor  Booker, Glenn Robinson (Or other filler)

Philly out: Noel, Glenn Robinson (Or other filler)
Philly in: Trey Burke, James Young, Brooklyn 2016#, Cleveland 2016 2nd Rounder

Utah out: Trey Burke, Trevor Booker
Utah in: Avery Bradley

What do you think? Not enough for Noel?
Memphis Grizzlies
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 07:32:01 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Before the draft, Yes. Now? Everyone will be lowballing Philly now on Noel or Embiid since at least one of them has to go. Even if Embiid is out another year he can't compete for a spot against Noel going into his 3rd year and Okafor (likely) having a strong, healthy rookie season.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 07:33:38 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I think the best options would be Dieng and Noel, but I wouldn't give up Smart.
We would regret trading him big time in my oppinion.

YUP. One of those teams has to cave in trading one of their bigs. I'd love Noel but Dieng wouldn't be a bad alternative either. Especially since they are both on rookie contracts.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 07:50:35 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
This cluster muck of tiny d league players should really screw with CBS brain trying to figure out how to win games ....LOL

Danny gave him a real jigsaw puzzle of crap to sort out ......no wonder Doc quit

With any luck this mess of nobodies will put the Celtics back in the top five lottery .....where we belong

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 07:59:03 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
This cluster muck of tiny d league players should really screw with CBS brain trying to figure out how to win games ....LOL

Danny gave him a real jigsaw puzzle of crap to sort out ......no wonder Doc quit

With any luck this mess of nobodies will put the Celtics back in the top five lottery .....where we belong

Agreed 100%. At this rate Banks will be playing Center by November. We belong in the top 5 lottery. If the Celtics don't start tanking then the current legacy is going to fall further behind LA.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 08:14:00 AM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
By drafting Rozier, AB now becomes expendable. Since Mudiay basically fell in Denver's lap at #7, rumors are swirling that they are now trying to trade Ty Lawson. Danny was interested in Lawson during the trade deadline but Denver's asking price was high.

Maybe something like:
Boston gets: Ty Lawson
Denver gets: Avery Bradley and either Sullinger or Olynyk

This way Boston gets another offensive guard to go with Isaiah Thomas so you can have Isaiah on the court with Smart and then Lawson on the court with Rozier or vice versa. This works for Denver because they get a more defensive minded guard to play alongside the highly athletic Mudiay. Another reason this works for the Celtics is by shipping out Sullinger we can give more playing time to Jordan Mickey.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 08:17:44 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
By drafting Rozier, AB now becomes expendable. Since Mudiay basically fell in Denver's lap at #7, rumors are swirling that they are now trying to trade Ty Lawson. Danny was interested in Lawson during the trade deadline but Denver's asking price was high.

Maybe something like:
Boston gets: Ty Lawson
Denver gets: Avery Bradley and either Sullinger or Olynyk

This way Boston gets another offensive guard to go with Isaiah Thomas so you can have Isaiah on the court with Smart and then Lawson on the court with Rozier or vice versa. This works for Denver because they get a more defensive minded guard to play alongside the highly athletic Mudiay. Another reason this works for the Celtics is by shipping out Sullinger we can give more playing time to Jordan Mickey.

I think thats one of the worst things we could do, we should trade guards for bigs and not the other way around.
Don't get me wrong, the trade itself is reasonable, but another undersized guard is not what we need, imo.
Memphis Grizzlies

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 08:37:43 AM »

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
I'm concerned Bradley's market value isn't all that great. Same with Sullinger and Olynyk. If we want a significant player back in a trade, my gut tells me it's going to take a package around Smart than anyone most of the fan base would be cool parting with. Though I do feel Bradley is underrated around here, especially his locker room leadership.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 08:53:07 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Not enough for Noel, IMO you'd have to give up Smart to get him.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 09:02:38 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
I think Young is clearly a 2, but apparently Danny doesn't.

I'm not sure about the Rozier kid, but I have high hopes for Hunter that he could turn out to be a really good backcourt mate with Smart. With his shooting and two-way potential, he'd be an ideal fit next to Smart in the backcourt.