Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 488828 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #2415 on: May 22, 2015, 10:12:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979
I take that back.  Millsap and Teague are borderline stars.  Korver isn't.  An elite shooter, but definitely not anything close to a star.

I agree ......killer shot ......but non of the other skills of Curry .

It will take Curry and Thompson to ....match the output of Irving and Diva.

Hawks are farting in the wind

« Reply #2416 on: May 22, 2015, 10:12:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
Atlanta down 20 points. I miss first 7 minutes of the quarter and they go down 20.

Well this series is over.

What a dud.

« Reply #2417 on: May 22, 2015, 10:12:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Even though this is what I expected to happen, it's still pathetic to see.  Tell me again why we want Millsap and Carroll, lol ;D?

« Reply #2418 on: May 22, 2015, 10:12:38 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Are we really looking at a sweep?

This series proves it, the Atlanta blueprint is cute and all, but the NBA still hasn't changed.  You need at least 1 superstar talent to be considered a true title contender.  How the Hawks fared in this series was going to be very telling for the Celtics in terms of how just far away they are from a title.  Unfortunately, the Hawks are proving that a team with a star or two (note: star, not SUPERstar) and a bunch of solid role players playing great regular season team ball still doesn't ultimately get a title.

« Reply #2419 on: May 22, 2015, 10:15:26 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I take that back.  Millsap and Teague are borderline stars.  Korver isn't.  An elite shooter, but definitely not anything close to a star.

Lol ;D, TP. Wouldn't it be better to say that they're laying an egg ;) ::), tonight ;D? *groan*

« Reply #2420 on: May 22, 2015, 10:16:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25603
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Man, TT just got robbed of an amazing block. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2421 on: May 22, 2015, 10:16:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Series over .

Warriors vs Cavs

Will be a battle.

Warriors are fast paced .......Le diva better eat his Wheaties

« Reply #2422 on: May 22, 2015, 10:17:37 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Cavs vs. whoever in the finals. Cavs win chip. LBJ is playing out of his mind in the playoffs but I still can't stand his face.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2423 on: May 22, 2015, 10:18:53 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I didn't realize that Cleveland was winning this game without Kyrie.  Wow, that's depressing, lol ;D. Expected, but still depressing.  Ugh.

The "Lebron" factor.

As much as Lebron makes me cringe like the rich spoiled kid in the neighborhood, what he's doing with this Cavs team is really winning me over. Dude is incredible.

It also helps that Atlanta has no superstar or go-to player to match up with him.

Bingo......we have a winner ......ding ding ding .....Hawks have no clutch go to Paul Pierce player to get a dagger shot when they need it.

Dude if the Hawks can't beat LeBron by himself, it really throws a bucket of ice on anyone who is using Atlanta (a team with literally 4 all-stars) as the model of "competing without stars". 

As if our Celtic squad, which doesn't even have a legit starter, can add the 5th best Hawk and suddenly make noise as a real basketball team.

Everyone was praising the hawks early this season, some are even saying Korver is the best shooter of all time  ::), I said Curry is the best shooter in the NBA and that the Hawks remind of a slightly better Denver team a few years back (good regular season team, will fizzle out in the playoffs), and quite a few scoffed at me lol.

« Reply #2424 on: May 22, 2015, 10:19:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Lol ;D, TP. Wouldn't it be better to say that they're laying an egg ;) ::), tonight ;D? *groan*

I know what I'll be doing ......watching Curry go off on LeDiva

" S ...pp.....N"  ;D

;D

;D

Lol ...

« Reply #2425 on: May 22, 2015, 10:19:42 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
Lebron has had that smug smile on his face for ALOT of these first two games.  You can see it, he knows the Hawks are no match for his team.

« Reply #2426 on: May 22, 2015, 10:23:59 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 608

This series proves it, the Atlanta blueprint is cute and all, but the NBA still hasn't changed.  You need at least 1 superstar talent to be considered a true title contender.  How the Hawks fared in this series was going to be very telling for the Celtics in terms of how just far away they are from a title.  Unfortunately, the Hawks are proving that a team with a star or two (note: star, not SUPERstar) and a bunch of solid role players playing great regular season team ball still doesn't ultimately get a title.

Oh please. 2004 Pistons didn't have a single superstar, although the starters are all-star calibers. Atlanta's front court have been exposed. They have no enforcer in the paint and Horford is clearly not the answer although he's a good defender. They also lack ball handlers. Teague and Schroder ain't doing it. Who in the hawks deserve to be in all-defensive team? none.

« Reply #2427 on: May 22, 2015, 10:24:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Hawks

Yawn ........  :-*

Dear Atlanta ,

You

Suck ..

Signed

The Celtics

« Reply #2428 on: May 22, 2015, 10:26:10 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell

Oh please. 2004 Pistons didn't have a single superstar, although the starters are all-star calibers. Atlanta's front court have been exposed. They have no enforcer in the paint and Horford is clearly not the answer although he's a good defender. They also lack ball handlers. Teague and Schroder ain't doing it. Who in the hawks deserve to be in all-defensive team? none.

the 04 Pistons are the ONE exception to the rule.  Besides that team, name a team to win the NBA title without at least 1 superstar?

« Reply #2429 on: May 22, 2015, 10:27:45 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Looking like five straight Finals for the King. We really are all witnesses.  :'(

I guess the only good thing is that this marginalizes Love somewhat...maybe..hopefully. And that Cleveland can't beat Golden State.