Author Topic: ***March Madness***  (Read 81558 times)

Re: ***March Madness***
« Reply #330 on: April 06, 2015, 11:25:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
Dekker reminds me of Parsons

« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2015, 11:25:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
thats game. Wow Duke wins without Okafor

I wouldn't say they won without him, since he made some big plays down the stretch.

But yeah, the guards carried the Dukies.

Congrats to Coach K.

Yeah. He was a non factor pretty much. Frank looked gassed out there

« Reply #332 on: April 06, 2015, 11:26:08 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
MVP?
I think Allen was key to their 2nd half, he killed it.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #333 on: April 06, 2015, 11:28:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Pretty good game  :)

« Reply #334 on: April 06, 2015, 11:29:47 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
So duke 'won.' ::) Give me a break.  Anytime one of their players got within three feet of the basket it was an automatic foul, never mind when Winslow traveled on the baseline after stepping out of bounds right in front of the official.  I mean, look, refs, we know that you want duke to win, but could you at least try to make it look so obvious?  Wow.  What a load of crap.  I also thoroughly enjoyed when some guy hit Dekker in the head with an elbow, only to then go over his back while knocking the ball out of bounds and yet duke still retains possession.  That no-call on Winslow that would have been his 4th was insane as well.  Typical.

« Reply #335 on: April 06, 2015, 11:30:56 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
thats game. Wow Duke wins without Okafor

I wouldn't say they won without him, since he made some big plays down the stretch.

But yeah, the guards carried the Dukies.

Congrats to Coach K.

Yeah. He was a non factor pretty much. Frank looked gassed out there

I thought that Hayes was the best player for Wisconsin for most of the game, quite honestly.  I like that guy.

« Reply #336 on: April 06, 2015, 11:33:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
So duke 'won.' ::) Give me a break.  Anytime one of their players got within three feet of the basket it was an automatic foul, never mind when Winslow traveled on the baseline after stepping out of bounds right in front of the official.  I mean, look, refs, we know that you want duke to win, but could you at least try to make it look so obvious?  Wow.  What a load of crap.  I also thoroughly enjoyed when some guy hit Dekker in the head with an elbow, only to then go over his back while knocking the ball out of bounds and yet duke still retains possession.  That no-call on Winslow that would have been his 4th was insane as well.  Typical.

Yup.....my neighbor is an ex college ref. .....retired ....basketball junkie ....he was telling me how Oak gets away with murder with push offs , and Duke gets the breaks when it comes to getting to the line....

« Reply #337 on: April 06, 2015, 11:34:30 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Bill Raftery is an atrocious commentator - so ridiculously biased.

« Reply #338 on: April 06, 2015, 11:37:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Now everybody tanking out for a pick  ;D

« Reply #339 on: April 06, 2015, 11:39:25 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Bill Raftery is an atrocious commentator - so ridiculously biased.

Raf is only biased towards great basketball.

« Reply #340 on: April 06, 2015, 11:43:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Forget Justise, Oke, or Kaminsky...I want the Dick Grayson lookalike in Green, lol ;D

Great game by Grayson Allen.

« Reply #341 on: April 06, 2015, 11:43:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Yup.....my neighbor is an ex college ref. .....retired ....basketball junkie ....he was telling me how Oak gets away with murder with push offs , and Duke gets the breaks when it comes to getting to the line....

Really?  How interesting.  I knew that the game would change once coach k pulled the phil jackson whining move at halftime.  There were twice as many fouls against Wisconsin for the majority of the second half.  It was the same way in the Kentucky-Wisconsin game, but Dekker grabbed that game by the balls, lol. ;D I was hoping that he would have the game of his life tonight, but he still had some great scores, like that reverse layup putback, and I wish that they had actually gone to him more than once in the post, given the foul situation with Winslow and duke's assigning a much smaller guy to guard him, but oh well.  Didn't coach k pioneer that move where his defender slides under a guy already airborne after he's made a pass and subsequently gets called for an offensive foul?  Not surprisingly, Battier used to do that all the time until the league stopped calling it (well, unless it was in a playoff game against the Celtics, lol ;D).  Tell me something, was one of the officials for tonight's game former nba ref Joe Derosa (if I'm spelling his name correctly).  I'll always remember him as the guy who threw the ball at a fan in Orlando in game 1 or 2 against us in the 2010 ecf, lol ;D, but I had no idea that he had been let go or something.  Did anyone else catch him?

« Reply #342 on: April 06, 2015, 11:52:18 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
Of course Duke won. They're my least-favorite college basketball team.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #343 on: April 06, 2015, 11:55:08 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
That Allen kid from Duke is playing his heart out right now. Made a big shot and came up with a huge steal.

Edit: And came up with an And-1. He's getting his One Shining Moment for sure.

I don't think this is his "one shining moment."  That kid is bound to be heard from again. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #344 on: April 07, 2015, 12:41:03 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Of course Duke won. They're my least-favorite college basketball team.

I've never really adopted a college team to support but found it very easy to cheer against Duke. Thoroughly unlikable team, the 'Cameron Crazies' are what does it for me.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER