Author Topic: What are the 76ers doing?? draft , trade, draft  (Read 7480 times)

What are the 76ers doing?? draft , trade, draft
« on: February 19, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This team is unreal.   No direction whatsoever. 

I bet Embiid, Noel are next out the door.  I have never witnessed a team "playing" around
like this in the history of the NBA

Its like someone flaky who finds a job, quits , finds a job , quits as they please. No patients to master the job, move up the ladder

How long are the 76ers going to keep doing this??

Re: What are the 76ers doing?? draft , trade, draft
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 04:25:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Didn't they give up their 2017 1st in the Bynum deal?  I'd assume they plan to stop before then.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 04:32:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Yea Noel is finishing up his second season, think he wants to stay if there are two more years like this? 
Who knows when Saric will play, or how good he is. Their coach seems far from excited about coaching mcghee. Despite their strip down there is a decent chance they end up with a number 5 pick this year. Could really turn into a disaster. I know some people like it cause it is unconventional, but starting to get pretty smelly.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 04:32:47 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
I think its clear, the team does not trust MCW. When he peaked last year they tried to move him then the draft night thing.... They don't believe he can be consistent I'm assuming.  Hes had very bad shooting from 3 this year.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 04:33:31 PM »

Offline MarcusStart

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
Hinkie has a 50 year plan to find a franchise player.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 04:35:09 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
MCW is total fool's gold.  That was going to happen no matter what.  No defense, he's a bad passer (1) and yet he'll require a ton of cap space.

1.) http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2014/11/25/michael-carter-williams-pass-reflects-sixers-season/

Plus, the 6ers are probably going to draft either Mudiay or Russell. 

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 04:45:27 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
MCW and Wroten are secretly the same player. So they moved the one that was more marketable.

I actually think MCW might have become underrated, though. He should have been a guy brought along slowly and allowed to be a playmaker. Instead they gave him Kobe-like usage rates and forced him to be a primary scorer after 1 year of college.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 04:47:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
MCW is total fool's gold.  That was going to happen no matter what.  No defense, he's a bad passer (1) and yet he'll require a ton of cap space.

1.) http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2014/11/25/michael-carter-williams-pass-reflects-sixers-season/

and somehow Jason Kidd and the Bucks don't care about these issues?

Bucks are crazy. Having a great season. Knight having a breakout season. Clutch last min player. Then do a 360. What a risk

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 04:49:36 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The 76ers plan seems to be to draft a franchise player, preferably a center.  Trade anyone who is clearly not a franchise player for whatever you can get.  Wait until you have a clear franchise player before shifting away from asset accumulation mode.

MCW is not a good player.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 04:50:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
This team is unreal.   No direction whatsoever. 

I bet Embiid, Noel are next out the door.  I have never witnessed a team "playing" around
like this in the history of the NBA

Its like someone flaky who finds a job, quits , finds a job , quits as they please. No patients to master the job, move up the ladder

How long are the 76ers going to keep doing this??

I agree, no idea that they are thinking...we should poke the bear :), see if we can get Noel or Embiid with our picks or something  :P

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 04:53:52 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

MCW is on his rookie deal for 3 more years, is the best player on the team and Philly is trying to lose so it doesn't matter if he sucks.

There's almost no way to defend this move.  The pick they're getting is top 5 protected this year, so they won't be getting an elite player, and I can almost guarantee if it rolls over that LA will be good enough next year for it to be a low lottery pick at best.

I'm no MCW fan but with Noel, bringing in Embiid and Saric next year and possibly signing a free agent or two, Philly could have been on the road to competitive pretty soon.  Now, they've basically given up on at least next season as well.

Mike

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 04:57:57 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
The 76ers plan seems to be to draft a franchise player, preferably a center.  Trade anyone who is clearly not a franchise player for whatever you can get.  Wait until you have a clear franchise player before shifting away from asset accumulation mode.

Yeah, I think this is a steal for the Sixers. MCW is positively Rondo-esque offensively, except he doesn't have Rondo's good sense to stop shooting. And he's averaging more than 4 TO a game.

I'd trade their roster and picks for ours in a heartbeat. Not their GM for ours, however.

We all should be able to agree that MIL got hosed, however.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 05:09:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yeah, I think this is a steal for the Sixers. MCW is positively Rondo-esque offensively, except he doesn't have Rondo's good sense to stop shooting. And he's averaging more than 4 TO a game.

I'd trade their roster and picks for ours in a heartbeat. Not their GM for ours, however.

Jason Kidd is a smart guy.  Maybe he sees something in MCW.  Someone he can teach his tricks to.

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Interesting.

Marc Stein: Sixers went from taking on Isaiah Thomas in three-team deal with Milwaukee and
Phoenix to letting Suns send him to Boston instead Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 05:25:43 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Jason Kidd is a smart guy.  Maybe he sees something in MCW.  Someone he can teach his tricks to.

I can hear him now: "No no, you're holding the cup a little too low and far from your body."