Author Topic: Super Bowl XLIX Thread  (Read 70910 times)

Re: Super bowl XLIX Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2015, 10:14:13 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I don't know what the equivalent of that play call would be in basketball.  Up by one, 25 seconds left, and you have Perk take a quick 3PT?

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, if not for Malcolm Butler reading that play perfectly, you guys would not be celebrating.

It's like being up by 2, getting fouled and missing both free throws, giving the other team a chance to win it at the buzzer. I think that's what it feels like.

I don't know.  Too many things can go wrong on that play.  You're throwing into traffic, so unless it's a perfect throw and catch, there are a lot of guys who can get their hands on the balls.  A bobble by the receiver and it's a pick.

If there was less time on the clock, maybe you try that.  Not on second down when you've got 30 seconds and a timeout, though.  That's Beast time.

Guess you're right. But it still took perfect coverage and read from Butler or that's also game over.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2015, 10:15:04 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What a great Super Bowl game.

And did I just see a commercial for Scientology?

It could be a commercial for the Church of Satan, and it would still probably be more up-lifting than the dead kids ad from earlier.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2015, 10:17:21 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Not a GIF, but...

TP for delivering on short notice.

« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2015, 10:18:16 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Not a GIF, but...

When you get the "we need to talk" text from your girl

« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2015, 10:18:42 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
Guys and gals, I've never been so happy to be proven wrong! !!!!!!! A great comeback!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2015, 10:18:43 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2524
I don't know what the equivalent of that play call would be in basketball.  Up by one, 25 seconds left, and you have Perk take a quick 3PT?

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, if not for Malcolm Butler reading that play perfectly, you guys would not be celebrating.

It's like being up by 2, getting fouled and missing both free throws, giving the other team a chance to win it at the buzzer. I think that's what it feels like.

I don't know.  Too many things can go wrong on that play.  You're throwing into traffic, so unless it's a perfect throw and catch, there are a lot of guys who can get their hands on the balls.  A bobble by the receiver and it's a pick.

If there was less time on the clock, maybe you try that.  Not on second down when you've got 30 seconds and a timeout, though.  That's Beast time.

if lynch fails then people crucify carroll. they also only had 1 time out left. they put the ball in their best players hands, russell wilson, who had a super-clutch game.
think if it was brady, you have to give him the ball. wilson is close to the same level IMO.

« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2015, 10:20:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

if lynch fails then people crucify carroll. they also only had 1 time out left. they put the ball in their best players hands, russell wilson, who had a super-clutch game.
think if it was brady, you have to give him the ball. wilson is close to the same level IMO.

If Lynch fails, you have 3rd-and-goal from the one yard line with 24 seconds to go and a stopped clock.  You've still got two shots at a TD.

If it's me, I'm going Lynch, then Wilson rollout run/pass option, then 4th down depends on where the ball's at.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2015, 10:21:29 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
Guys and gals, I've never been so happy to be proven wrong! !!!!!!! A great comeback!

It was actually your reverse-jinx that did it.  Thanks, man!

« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2015, 10:23:59 PM »

• Satch Sanders

It was actually your reverse-jinx that did it.  Thanks, man!

Anytime.   ;)
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2015, 10:26:36 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Now that's what Tom Brady needs -- a new truck.

« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Think about the difference between Richard Sherman's end of game interview last year and Malcolm Butler's.  What a contrast.  Love that.

« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2015, 10:29:08 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Now that's what Tom Brady needs -- a new truck.
Will that Chevy fit inside his Ferrari?

« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2015, 10:29:51 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Thanks for hanging out,  everyone!

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2015, 10:30:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Think about the difference between Richard Sherman's end of game interview last year and Malcolm Butler's.  What a contrast.  Love that.
excellent point.  thought they were a bunch of jerks last year and seeing them trying to instigate a fight at the end just put their lack of class on display for everyone. 

« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2015, 10:32:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
When that absurd BS catch happened I felt there was a good chance the Pats would win because I believe in the law of averages.
I had that thought too at some point :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."