Author Topic: Sullinger is the worst defender on the team  (Read 11714 times)

Re: Sullinger is the worst defender on the team
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 11:07:43 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Pretty sure it's Olynyk. Sullinger's conditioning is such that he doesn't always help when he should but even with that his rotations are overall better than KO's. Also I'm pretty sure he has a better field goal percentage allowed at the rim than KO.

Edit- James  Young's defense is so bad it is preventing him from seeing the court so he's actually the worst defender on the team
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 11:08:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
Sullinger is the best player on our team.
He stripped two guys in crunch time and made 3 big shots.

Olynyk and Rondo are our worst defenders.

Our record also proves a point.
we seem to have drifted into the realm of non sequiturs tonight.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:39 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
It really boggles my mind how poorly Rondo/Green/Sully are perceived on here and yet every, what, five games(?) that Olynyk puts up double digit points, he's the next Dirk. Doesn't matter how poor of a defender he is, it only matters that he scored.

I'm an Olynyk fan, but give me a break. It's time some people on this site start admitting they may be wrong about Sully. It's his fourth year and he's averaging 16/8.5/2.5 (roughly) whilst steadily improving his efficiency as we wrap up the first fifth of the season or so. People started labeling the argument that he never had a healthy offseason to work on his game and body "an excuse," but there's really nothing to support that counter-position other than unsubstantiated theories that his stats will fall over the course of the season or that he's just lighting it up on a bad team.

Sullinger is not a good defender and was never advertised as one, but there's no reason to believe he can't be average when he isn't playing next to an arguably worse defender (KO), or behind unquestionably worse defenders (ET). Considering his value as an offensive contributor, that's all he really needs to provide on the defensive end to be the third or fourth best player on our next title contender.

Well, it's his third season, but agreed on all other fronts.  TP
I'm bitter.

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:56 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
...have you watched KO and Turner play D?  They're both way worse

Hard to argue with that.

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 11:26:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Pretty sure it's Olynyk. Sullinger's conditioning is such that he doesn't always help when he should but even with that his rotations are overall better than KO's. Also I'm pretty sure he has a better field goal percentage allowed at the rim than KO.

Edit- James  Young's defense is so bad it is preventing him from seeing the court so he's actually the worst defender on the team

Sullinger is the one of the worse.  KO might look bad at times, but he is "there" to look bad.

Sullinger can't even get there to try to prevent a bucket.  He is a smart defender but he is not that good. I wish he lost 10 pounds of weight while not losing much strength

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 11:32:59 PM »

Offline truth4lyfe

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
KO, Turner and Thornton are all terrible. Sully and Rondo aren't great, but they are way better than the first three

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 11:33:21 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
It really boggles my mind how poorly Rondo/Green/Sully are perceived on here and yet every, what, five games(?) that Olynyk puts up double digit points, he's the next Dirk. Doesn't matter how poor of a defender he is, it only matters that he scored.

I'm an Olynyk fan, but give me a break. It's time some people on this site start admitting they may be wrong about Sully. It's his fourth year and he's averaging 16/8.5/2.5 (roughly) whilst steadily improving his efficiency as we wrap up the first fifth of the season or so. People started labeling the argument that he never had a healthy offseason to work on his game and body "an excuse," but there's really nothing to support that counter-position other than unsubstantiated theories that his stats will fall over the course of the season or that he's just lighting it up on a bad team.

Sullinger is not a good defender and was never advertised as one, but there's no reason to believe he can't be average when he isn't playing next to an arguably worse defender (KO), or behind unquestionably worse defenders (ET). Considering his value as an offensive contributor, that's all he really needs to provide on the defensive end to be the third or fourth best player on our next title contender.

Well, it's his third season, but agreed on all other fronts.  TP

True that, thanks for the correction.

TP right back at you good sir.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 11:36:47 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Sullinger is the one of the worse.  KO might look bad at times, but he is "there" to look bad.

Sullinger can't even get there to try to prevent a bucket.

That is fact-free rationalization at its finest.

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 11:39:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Sullinger can't even get there to try to prevent a bucket.  He is a smart defender but he is not that good. I wish he lost 10 pounds of weight while not losing much strength

Do you seriously ever look at half the things you post.. Wow..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 11:42:37 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519

Do you seriously ever look at half the things you post.. Wow..

I can't even figure out what he is trying to say.

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 11:57:58 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Why don't you look at his PER, your beloved epiphanic stat for one Rajon Rondo?

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 12:04:23 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

an apologist to the end.
Greg

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 11:24:05 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I'm just so glad the C's didn't / couldn't break the bank to get Kevin Love. Maybe it's because he's playing with Irving and James, but Sully is right there with Love stat wise per minute, with a higher PER.

The player, draft picks and salary Love wild have cost is insane compared to the small price paid for Sully, and we get to keep those picks to build with.

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 11:54:38 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I'm just so glad the C's didn't / couldn't break the bank to get Kevin Love. Maybe it's because he's playing with Irving and James, but Sully is right there with Love stat wise per minute, with a higher PER.

The player, draft picks and salary Love wild have cost is insane compared to the small price paid for Sully, and we get to keep those picks to build with.

Could I see a link to that? Just curious!

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 11:57:26 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Love is hugely overrated.

Sullinger is younger and cheaper.