Author Topic: Clippers need a Wallace type player?  (Read 8547 times)

Re: Clippers need a Wallace type player?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 01:54:33 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Jeff is the better version of gerald. looks good to me.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 02:05:11 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I don't think the Clippers give up Jordan and even if the Celtics get him. They'll have to eventually pay Jordan or let him walk.

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 02:08:21 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
No way you break up a contender and trade your starting center for Jeff Green(cheap shot).

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 02:25:54 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
The Clippers need someone better than Gerald Wallace.

His defense, rebounding and physical toughness would be valuable -- and necessary -- for the Clippers at the SF position but LAC need more offense out of that position to keep floor spacing for CP3 and Blake Griffin.

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 02:30:19 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

His defense, rebounding and physical toughness would be valuable -- and necessary -- for the Clippers at the SF position but LAC need more offense out of that position to keep floor spacing for CP3 and Blake Griffin.

Like Jeff Green right?

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 03:35:20 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Hey Steve Ballmer, if I needed 2 words to describe Gerald Wallace they'd definitely be HARD CORE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mriKM_39cfE

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 05:02:10 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435

Like Jeff Green right?

Jeff Green would be excellent. Perfect even. Third scoring option, shooting, defense, quickness and athleticism at SF. However, the Clippers don't have the trade assets to get him though outside of CP3, B.Griffin and D.Jordan who are all to valuable to give up for J.Green. I mean I can't see anything on that roster I'd give up J.Green for.

Jeff Green was the type of player LAC should have been targeting with that Eric Bledsoe trade last summer instead of wasting Bledsoe on middle of the pack guys like Redick and Dudley. Mismanaged trade asset. Made life much more difficult for themselves now.

Someone like DeMarre Carroll would be a very good target. Cheaper to acquire. Has the necessary skills LAC need from that SF position. The physical toughness, defense, rebounding and enough offensive game to keep defenses honest. He'd be the type of player I'd go after if I were LAC.

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 05:41:28 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Someone like DeMarre Carroll would be a very good target. Cheaper to acquire. Has the necessary skills LAC need from that SF position. The physical toughness, defense, rebounding and enough offensive game to keep defenses honest. He'd be the type of player I'd go after if I were LAC.

Genius, I was thinking either him or Marion who ended up in Cleveland. I'm actually really surprised they didn't target Pierce this summer.

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 06:57:58 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2984
Sure they do.

Get his bags packed ASAp

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2014, 07:25:31 AM »

Offline andliberty

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 8

Jeff is the better version of gerald. looks good to me.

Their PER's are not available hence the crazy +wins. Is not reliable atm

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 08:03:59 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I love seeing comments like this.  Means nothing, but I immediately went to the trade machine.   Found nothing useful.  To bad.  I'd give them there pick back if they could take Wallace.   Seems silly since they had Dudley. 

Here is the comment. 

The Clippers will need to make a trade at the deadline. Something's still not quite right with the roster in L.A., and I think coach Doc Rivers knows it. Expect the Clippers to make a move for a veteran forward who can play both positions, a Gerald Wallace-type. (Maybe Gerald Wallace himself? Rivers does owe Danny Ainge a solid.) NBA.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.uNVzYSV7.dpuf
Doc could have had Pierce had he wanted (for much less than GW's contract) to but he went for
Spencer Hawes instead. Plus, do they have cap space to absorb a 20m contract?

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 08:24:55 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Whoever conjured that idea up likely had been awake way too long.

Only if you're not paying much attention to the Clippers' roster.

There has to be a better available 3 out there. Wallace might not even crack OUR rotation.

Why would he? We aren't contending, we aren't trying to win games, and we are trying to groom our youngs for our future. He is actually a perfect fit for this Stevens team with his ability to move without the ball on offense, his passing and ability to see the floor, his great hustle energy and effort, and his great defense. If we were projected to win 42 to 46 games Wallace would easily be in our rotation. His shooting is atrocious but with his backdoors, basket cuts, and put backs he can still score in that manner.

Gerald Wallace is the perfect player for a championship caliber team. Hes a veteran leader and a great locker room guy. Teams would love to add him to their squad. Unfortunately his price tag is well too high even for all the positives he does bring.

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 08:29:12 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Whoever conjured that idea up likely had been awake way too long.

Only if you're not paying much attention to the Clippers' roster.

There has to be a better available 3 out there. Wallace might not even crack OUR rotation.

Why would he? We aren't contending, we aren't trying to win games, and we are trying to groom our youngs for our future. He is actually a perfect fit for this Stevens team with his ability to move without the ball on offense, his passing and ability to see the floor, his great hustle energy and effort, and his great defense. If we were projected to win 42 to 46 games Wallace would easily be in our rotation. His shooting is atrocious but with his backdoors, basket cuts, and put backs he can still score in that manner.

Gerald Wallace is the perfect player for a championship caliber team. Hes a veteran leader and a great locker room guy. Teams would love to add him to their squad. Unfortunately his price tag is well too high even for all the positives he does bring.

You're introducing a lot of misconceptions of this team, and more important, a lack of relevance to the issue of Wallace playing or not.

Or are you suggesting that we were projected to a 42 to 46 season last year?

The fact is that he's simply not a better option at this current stage of his career than any of our rotation players in the 3-4 spots.

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah I think a guy like Jeff Green is what they need more than Wallace. The definitely need a SF who can shoot/defend.

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 09:06:55 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Right now Wallace plays like he is 65 years old.
He can barely move.
He shouldn't even get minutes on our team.