Author Topic: Knicks (0-0) at Celtics (1-0) Preseason Game #2 10/8/14  (Read 43640 times)

Re: Knicks (0-0) at Celtics (1-0) Preseason Game #2 10/8/14
« Reply #270 on: October 08, 2014, 10:08:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Celts are unstoppable!

give cr to brad stevens.

Turner and Thornton have been big the first two games.

« Reply #271 on: October 08, 2014, 10:08:16 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
Thornton was just awesome. He did a lot of good things out there and I hope he keeps it up. Sully gets the victory cigar in my opinion, though.

Powell looks like a keeper. Can't wait for Rondo and Jeff to get back and get the season going for real.

« Reply #272 on: October 08, 2014, 10:10:37 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

So that's a pretty interesting look with Powell at the 3, huh? He seems quick enough to stay with a wing, and his length was obviously creating problems. I'm with you guys- I'd hate to see him cut when we're carrying Joel Anthony and Vitor Faverani.

Zeller is not getting cut.

My gut says that Vitor is the guy to go... but the Celtics were actually a pretty solid team early last season when Vitor was playing real minutes.

I'd hate to cut pressey; I love how hard he plays. He's going to get cut some day, though.

« Reply #273 on: October 08, 2014, 10:13:24 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

So that's a pretty interesting look with Powell at the 3, huh? He seems quick enough to stay with a wing, and his length was obviously creating problems. I'm with you guys- I'd hate to see him cut when we're carrying Joel Anthony and Vitor Faverani.

My gut says that Vitor is the guy to go... but the Celtics were actually a pretty solid team early last season when Vitor was playing real minutes.

I'd hate to cut pressey; I love how hard he plays. He's going to get cut some day, though.

I thought Powell looked like he could be nice as a SF but everyone shot it down. He had very few mins in game one but was active and looked good then. CBS said he loves how hard he works at doing all the little things... so far, I agree.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #274 on: October 08, 2014, 10:14:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Vitor is gone.

OR can we send vitor to the d leauge and keep powell??

I rather have anthony as our backup C

« Reply #275 on: October 08, 2014, 10:16:34 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Vitor is gone.

I know everyone keeps saying Vitor is gone but he is making 2m per, harder to cut.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #276 on: October 08, 2014, 10:20:40 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Looks like, so far, Sully wasn't feeding us BS this off-season.

- Shooting looks a lot smoother after recovering from the finger injury.
- Seems he's still able to keep up with the team -- mind you, one that has been runnin' and gunnin' so far -- regardless of his weight, and there's no question that he's turned last year's upper body mush into a more solid frame. He could be right that his weight is an advantage and that he just needs to turn his excess fat into muscle.

He'll have a bad game soon enough -- whether it's next game or 10 games from now -- and hear the hate raining down on him. Love what I've seen so far from him though. Looks like a bull in the post with butterfly fingers and the court vision/BBIQ of a PG.

I personally see a lot of Carlos Boozer in him. I also like the David West comparison from Mannix tonight. Either way, Sully looks like he has serious All-Star potential with plenty of room left to grow.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #277 on: October 08, 2014, 10:25:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Vitor is gone.

I know everyone keeps saying Vitor is gone but he is making 2m per, harder to cut.

Vitor has no future with the team. Powell could turn out to be a nice defender in this league

« Reply #278 on: October 08, 2014, 10:30:34 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
He didn't look active to me his first stint, then he just went ham after that. We have a MOSTLY good team of defenders, passers, and people who can get hot shooting. It's like everyone brings something. That's without RR and Green, imagine them back and guys shifted to do damage against 2nd units like MS and Turner will.

Yes, this is preseason, but I think we will get better as the season goes on and we really gel, what it will mean at the end, who knows. W/e happens, we have guys with good personalities and almost all are largely known as hard workers off the court, they are going to put in the effort.

« Reply #279 on: October 08, 2014, 10:33:35 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Vitor is gone.

Vitor has no future with the team. Powell could turn out to be a nice defender in this league

I'm not saying he does, I'm talking dollars and cents. I want a way for Powell to stay. Vitor better get it together when he is healthy. I just don't see how you keep 500k vs. 2m when neither may see court time. I wish we found a way to ship Joel out (no hate just money, age, skill factoring).

« Reply #280 on: October 08, 2014, 10:49:18 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 382
It was the Celtics defense that Frustrated the Knicks quite a bit----it's why Prigioni shoved Pressey late in the game.....Keep up the Defense and RUN RUN RUN....Tommy will be happy.

Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #281 on: October 08, 2014, 10:58:55 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
It was the Celtics defense that Frustrated the Knicks quite a bit----it's why Prigioni shoved Pressey late in the game.....Keep up the Defense and RUN RUN RUN....Tommy will be happy.

I will be happy too... not just running though, running with purpose.

« Reply #282 on: October 08, 2014, 11:14:07 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Pressey needs to stay.  His pesky defense is really top notch for a 3rd string PG.  It just wears down the offense when you can run Rondo/Smart/Pressey at them over a full 4 quarters, not to mention Bradley's defense at the 2-guard position.

I am really liking the direction this team is heading.  Granted its only preseason but I see an overall defensive mindset that I really liked.  It was also nice that our starters all shot 50% or better this game. 

They are not always going to do that but it's certainly an improvement from preseason game 1.  Something to build on.  Onto Toronto!!

« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2014, 11:30:33 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
is it just me or is there a little Spurs system in our offense? the quick pace and constant movement with or without the ball is real nice to see, some of the sets even looked similar.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #284 on: October 08, 2014, 11:43:06 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Tonight's game is why we can have a little bit of hope thie season.  The players from last year improving, adding a little talent and Stevens having a better grasp of the pro game.

Mike