Author Topic: LeBron to CLE is horrible news for the C's  (Read 21232 times)

Re: LeBron to CLE is horrible news for the C's
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2014, 03:36:21 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Our offer is far and away better than Cle's

Thompson?  No way he's better than either Sully or Olynyk
Waiters?      Jeff Green a more mature, better 2way player
Bennet?       yea... i'd rather have the LAC 1st
Cavs 1st?     anyone of those BKL picks are more valuable

I still like our chances to add Love, he doesn't strike me as a coat-tail rider like RAllen just looking to help Bron pad his stats.

« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2014, 03:36:37 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Cleveland has more than enough ammo to trade for Love and with that not only will the Cavs be elite for the next 4 years at least, the Celtics will have no one to pin their hope to for the next few years. They have to just tank it out the next couple years and hope for a superstar.

Love will go to Cleveland now. all they have to do is offer wiggins and Flip will flip.

But Love will not sign there long term.

Um... yes he will?

You serious or? Playing with LBJ/Kyrie is a contending Big 3 for 5-7 years, why wouldn't he?

I still like our chances to add Love, he doesn't strike me as a coat-tail rider like RAllen just looking to help Bron pad his stats.

He actually does to me... This is a player who hasn't even witnessed the playoffs... Hes been criticized for having empty stats his entire NBA career.. He has a chance to play with one of the best players, and a young superstar PG in the making... Ummm, I definitely think the possibility to contend, and even win a ring is more satisfying than joining a team that has rich tradition but virtually no chance at contention as of now.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2014, 03:43:40 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Cleveland has more than enough ammo to trade for Love and with that not only will the Cavs be elite for the next 4 years at least, the Celtics will have no one to pin their hope to for the next few years. They have to just tank it out the next couple years and hope for a superstar.

Love will go to Cleveland now. all they have to do is offer wiggins and Flip will flip.

Um... yes he will?

You serious or? Playing with LBJ/Kyrie is a contending Big 3 for 5-7 years, why wouldn't he?

He actually does to me... This is a player who hasn't even witnessed the playoffs... Hes been criticized for having empty stats his entire NBA career.. He has a chance to play with one of the best players, and a young superstar PG in the making... Ummm, I definitely think the possibility to contend, and even win a ring is more satisfying than joining a team that has rich tradition but virtually no chance at contention as of now.

yea, that's a fair point.  probably just wishful thinking that NBA players still exist that actually want to COMPETE against Lebron. 

other than Rondo, every good player seems content to waive their white flag and kiss his ring.  weak, imho. 

« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2014, 03:45:45 PM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3037
The bad news is that the league's best player manipulates the balance of the league every few years.

Whether he does it in Miami or Cleveland or wherever is largely irrelevant to Boston... the disturbing part is that we have a player who'd rather quit every 3 years and pick his teammates all over again.

In 3 years from now, I can only assume he'll be playing in LA with Anthony Davis and Damian Lillard or some such bull-doodoo

« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I thought Love was on the record saying he'd resign if LeBron was in Cleveland?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2014, 03:53:12 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

most people will think Wiggins shatter whatever we have to offer

« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Due to league rules, he probably can't go exactly on record, but I think he's unoffically made it known this is the case.

« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Um... yes he will?

I don't think Kyrie is a superstar, but I agree.

« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2014, 04:01:19 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Due to league rules, he probably can't go exactly on record, but I think he's unoffically made it known this is the case.

Found it. It's "sources" from SOURCE CENTRAL, but I haven't read anything contradictory:

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/482320117410570240
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2014, 04:06:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1826
For whatever it's worth:

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
FYI: Again, Thursday afternoon, Cavs source told @FOXSportsOH: "Andrew Wiggins is not being traded."

« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
For whatever it's worth:

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
FYI: Again, Thursday afternoon, Cavs source told @FOXSportsOH: "Andrew Wiggins is not being traded."

Good, your move Danny.

« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2014, 04:13:25 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
yea, that's a fair point.  probably just wishful thinking that NBA players still exist that actually want to COMPETE against Lebron.

other than Rondo, every good player seems content to waive their white flag and kiss his ring.  weak, imho.

Duncan, Parker, and Dirk all disagree.  Durant and Westbrook too (especially Westbrook, who seemed like he wanted to beat Miami all by himself that year).

« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2014, 04:15:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
For whatever it's worth:

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO

Good, your move Danny.

+1

« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2014, 04:21:21 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
For whatever it's worth:

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO

Come on Danny

« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2014, 04:22:11 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
For whatever it's worth:

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO

i guess financially it does make sense to try to build around lebron, wiggins and kyrie.  seems they would have more flexibility going forward.  fill out the roster with vets like ray allen, etc.