Author Topic: Supposedly reports of Bosh and Wade taking a pay cut aren't accurate  (Read 2042 times)

Re: Supposedly reports of Bosh and Wade taking a pay cut aren't accurate
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
@SamAmicoFSO
Talk around NBA is Heat plan on luring free agents other than own not coming together. Also told reported $$ on Bosh and Wade is incorrect.

@SamAmicoFSO
Heat's Chris Bosh actually seeking deal worth $16-18 million per, source says. Hearing 5 years/$90 million, but told deal not done.

Aww so sorry Pat isn't able to lure the free agents with a bag of marbles and a mood ring.

Bosh and Wade were both going to make 20 million a year, so dropping down to 16 to 18 mil would be a pay cut.  But let's say both get 16 mil a year.  Add in LeBron at 20, Norris Cole at 2 mil, Haslem resigned for at least a mil a year and about a mil for Shabazz.

That's 56 million, about 7 million below the cap.

Mike

It's a paycut, but not the $10M-$11M that was being reported.

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 04:43:54 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
Say what you want about Bosh. $11 million a year is bargain. If that team stays together Wade should be the one to take the biggest pay cut.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 04:46:50 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Didn't Bosh build one of the most lavish houses in South Beach? Like a ridiculously expensive house.. ..

I hope for his sake he's not taking too much of a paycut. He's got billz!!

Also, he got no respect at all for what he's done for that team. It's all LeBron and Wade. Bosh has been huge for them and has tons of value on the open market. Get paid son!!

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 04:48:29 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd love to go after Bosh and get him here.

There's no feasible way to get him to Boston, even if you wanted to.  Not sure he'd the first guy I'd want to rebuild around, regardless.

Bosh in Houston, though, if they can't land Melo?  With Harden and Dwight?  Doesn't that make a lot of sense for everybody involved?  Even moreso because Bosh is a Texas boy.

Yeah, but I be a guy who is from the old school and wants to see our team improve, not other teams.

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 04:48:50 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Say what you want about Bosh. $11 million a year is bargain. If that team stays together Wade should be the one to take the biggest pay cut.

I'm not a Bosh fan, but dude is getting totally hosed at 11mill.  He's getting hosed at 14 mill.  On a team that actually gives him the ball he's an efficient 20 pt a night scorer. 

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
Didn't Bosh build one of the most lavish houses in South Beach? Like a ridiculously expensive house.. ..

Also, he got no respect at all for what he's done for that team. It's all LeBron and Wade. Bosh has been huge for them and has tons of value on the open market. Get paid son!!

Bosh has the biggest house of any NBA player I believe.

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 04:49:07 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope

There's no feasible way to get him to Boston, even if you wanted to.  Not sure he'd the first guy I'd want to rebuild around, regardless.

Bosh in Houston, though, if they can't land Melo?  With Harden and Dwight?  Doesn't that make a lot of sense for everybody involved?  Even moreso because Bosh is a Texas boy.

Not that I'd want him here in the C's current state (nor help the Heat get something for nothing), but a S&T of Green, Bogans, CJ, Babb would put us at ~16mil
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 04:49:28 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I agree with this, he came up big in the biggest moments in his career with Miami. I hate to say hi, but he was the reason Miami won the series vs us in 2012. Yea, LeBron went for 49 that game, but game 7 was up for grabs, and I believe Bosh hit those key 3s in KG's face that eliminated us.

He was big in the finals vs the Spurs last season, with that offensive rebound and pass to Ray Allen

fairly underrated, if anyone, it should be Wade to take a pay cut cuz he's falling off and FAST.

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 04:52:24 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

I agree with this, he came up big in the biggest moments in his career with Miami. I hate to say hi, but he was the reason Miami won the series vs us in 2012. Yea, LeBron went for 49 that game, but game 7 was up for grabs, and I believe Bosh hit those key 3s in KG's face that eliminated us.

He was big in the finals vs the Spurs last season, with that offensive rebound and pass to Ray Allen

fairly underrated, if anyone, it should be Wade to take a pay cut cuz he's falling off and FAST.

I was just about to say that. If Bosh hadn't come back in that 2012 series I really believe Boston would have won. That KG/Rondo pick and roll was killing them. He was very important especially in that G7.

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think Bosh's biggest leverage for a solid salary is to get a similar offer from Houston. I think he'd fit right in with Harden and Howard as someone else suggested before I could add my 2 cents.

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 04:54:49 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Bosh has turned into an elite P&R defender and a serviceable 3 pt shooter. He is still young enough to rediscover his post game on a different team.

Yes, Houston would be deadly with a frontcourt of DH and Bosh. Favorites IMO.

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15

Bosh has the biggest house of any NBA player I believe.

Is that room for Lil Wayne and his entourage?

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
It would be great for it to all blow up in their faces....not hating, but just saying. It seems like they all conspired to get to Miami to build a legacy of Best Ever, but now because they didn't win it all  - IN A CONTRACT YEAR - they OPT OUT to bring more All-Stars there.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

I would think differently if this were LeBron, and 2 minor stars (like Chandler Parsons and Monroe). I think we'd all feel different if it were this way - but established stars like Wade and Bosh who max out....nahhhhhhh. I'm happy its blowing up, serves em right.

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 05:08:39 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Absolutely, he'd form a great front court with Howard.  What a coup that would be for Houston.