Author Topic: Latest from Bill Simmons  (Read 22852 times)

Latest from Bill Simmons
« on: June 22, 2014, 01:15:55 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Couple of Celtics tweets from Simmons:

@BillSimmons  ?  47m
My gut feeling is that Minnesota keeps Love. But the chef convention in Golden State's kitchen right now is high comedy.

@BillSimmons  ?  32m
Prediction: if Celts can't get Love or Embiid, they will pursue Sac's no. 8 pick plus more with Rondo as bait (to end up with 6 + 8 + 17).

Seems like the steam behind Flip keeping Love is picking up...Fascinating if that's the decision he makes...And, if Love isn't in Boston by draft night, I could definitely see Rondo being dealt.

Re: Latest from Bill Simmons
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 01:26:56 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
That second tweet scares me.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 01:29:04 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
It makes no sense for Sac because Rondo would never resign with them next year.. the no. 8 pick in a good draft for a year rental.. nonsense

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 01:31:47 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Isaiah Thomas, McClemore & #8 is a very nice haul for Rondo IMO. Not earth shattering but very good & build a very good young nucleus. We could let Bradley walk if he's asking for too much & we save money for the 2015 class.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 01:32:33 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I would like that Rondo to Sacramento deal. It would have to a post-draft deal since the Kings must have picks every other season.

So something like this:

Rondo
Wallace

for

Rights to the #8 pick
McLemore
Terry (expiring/ buyout candidate)
D. Williams (expiring)
Gray (sign and trade in where he gets a lucrative 1 yr deal like Bogans did to make the numbers work)

I think that's a great deal for us. We would likely get Gordon or Smart at #8. McLemore has a lot of potential. Terry, Williams, and Gray would all be expiring, unlike Thompson, and would create cap space next summer. The dumping of Wallace's deal is said to cost one future 1st rd pick according to Mannix.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 01:34:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753
The sacramento trade makes a lot of sense for us if we can't get Love. It also makes sense for us even if we can get Embiid. Rondo is not staying if we don't get players of Love's level this summer, and to be honest, getting Embiid plus Mclemore and the #8 pick, plus the 17th pick, to add to Sullinger and Olynyk is a great foundation, and we would be in a great position to acquire more talent with our future picks and Nets picks.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 01:35:36 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

@BillSimmons  ?  47m
My gut feeling is that Minnesota keeps Love. But the chef convention in Golden State's kitchen right now is high comedy.

@BillSimmons  ?  32m
Prediction: if Celts can't get Love or Embiid, they will pursue Sac's no. 8 pick plus more with Rondo as bait (to end up with 6 + 8 + 17).

Seems like the steam behind Flip keeping Love is picking up...Fascinating if that's the decision he makes...And, if Love isn't in Boston by draft night, I could definitely see Rondo being dealt.

I'd rather the Celtics try and flip Rondo and the 17th for a top 5 pick this year.

Exum and Embiid would bring lots of excitement to the garden.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 01:35:37 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
The sacramento trade makes a lot of sense for us if we can't get Love. It also makes sense for us even if we can get Embiid. Rondo is not staying if we don't get players of Love's level this summer, and to be honest, getting Embiid plus Mclemore and the #8 pick, plus the 17th pick, to add to Sullinger and Olynyk is a great foundation, and we would be in a great position to acquire more talent with our future picks and Nets picks.

I can roll with this.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 01:36:00 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Rondo is not getting dealt if Minny keeps Love.  Why give up your #1 selling point with superstar free agents like Love and Melo still potentially available?  If Rondo is traded, it ain't gonna happen until we get close to the trade deadline. 

Mike

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 01:37:43 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
It makes no sense for Sac because Rondo would never resign with them next year.. the no. 8 pick in a good draft for a year rental.. nonsense

If they're willing to do it for Love, why not Rondo? They have a new ownership, which appears very aggressive in hopes of winning immediately.

The Sacramento Kings have let the Minnesota Timberwolves know they are interested in trading for All-Star forward Kevin Love ? and the Kings would make a deal without any assurance from Love he'd re-sign with them, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

The Kings are willing to give up their eighth overall pick in this year's NBA draft and a combination of players for Love, even though he would not be expected to sign a contract extension before next season ? if ever, with the rebuilding, small-market franchise, the source said. Sacramento envisions Love and DeMarcus Cousins playing alongside each other in the front court. Swingman Rudy Gay has a player's option for next season.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 01:37:59 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yeah, not one for a rebuild, but if that's the direction the Celts take, that wouldn't be a bad return for Rondo (IMO.)

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 01:38:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
if Celts can't get Love or Embiid, they will pursue Sac's no. 8 pick plus more with Rondo as bait (to end up with 6 + 8 + 17).

I doubt it, they have Isaiah Thomas, who one could make an argument is better than Rondo.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

He could.

I mean playing alongside Gay and Cousins wouldn't be so bad.

If Sac offers him the money, I think he takes it.

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 01:41:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn

He could.

I mean playing alongside Gay and Cousins wouldn't be so bad.

If Sac offers him the money, I think he takes it.

Isn't he also friends with Rudy Gay? I also think he could get along with a guy like Cousins, who in spite of all his issues, wants to win badly.

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn

@BillSimmons  ?  47m

@BillSimmons  ?  32m

I'd rather the Celtics try and flip Rondo and the 17th for a top 5 pick this year.

Exum and Embiid would bring lots of excitement to the garden.

I don't see Rondo plus 17 getting us a top 5 pick in this draft. The Jazz have their pg of the future, why would they trade the #5 for Rondo? Same for the Magic and Phili, and there is no way we get a top 3 pick for Rondo.