Author Topic: 2014 NBA Combine Thread (Measurements Are Posted)  (Read 51091 times)

Re: 2014 NBA Combine Thread (Measurements Are Posted)
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2014, 01:48:13 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Maybe Randle doesn't have alligator arms after all. Same height as Gordon, but longer reach. That is very surprising. Randle stock will go up, Gordon down.

Yeah i think Randle has the highest chance of bumping down Exum and getting picked at 4. And then from that 5-8 group i think Gordon has the highest chance of sliding down to 10 or so.

Having said that, i might like Gordon the most for the Celtics at #5. He is an excellent athlete, team player, and appears to really get it.

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Marcus Smart is 6'2". Ouch.

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2014, 02:22:23 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Ha ha.

Chad Ford on Dante Exum:

"If he sucks, they are going to hate me." 

By they, he meant us, the fans. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2014, 02:24:07 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Ha ha.

Chad Ford on Dante Exum:

Yeah, I laughed when I heard that too.

He's such a mystery man, but it's hard not to be tantilized by what he could be.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2014, 02:27:05 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Rodney Hood measured 6'7.5 without shoes, that might save him a little.  TJ Warren actually is 6'8" in shoes, so that is good.

Also Kyle Anderson has the 6th best standing reach in the combine.  Let's see how he does in the drills. 

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2014, 02:32:59 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Mark Murphy @Murf56

Dante Exum has Celtics on his interview list: "I can't wait to talk to them and see how I fit into their system"
1:01 PM - 15 May 2014
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2014, 02:36:57 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
Ha ha.

Chad Ford on Dante Exum:

Yeah, I laughed when I heard that too.

He's such a mystery man, but it's hard not to be tantilized by what he could be.

They talked about that, too.  I'm not saying he's going to be a bust, because, honestly, I have absolutely no idea.  That's the point, though.  Nobody really does. 

I mean the marketing strategy on this kid has been nothing short of absolutely brilliant.  He did very well in some under 18 and under 17 international competitions.  Then he shined last year at the Hoop Summit.  Since then, he's simply been hidden away.  He could have gone to an American college or gone to play professionally in Europe, but instead they hid him away in Australia, paid off Chad Ford to build his mystique as an underground prospect among hoops heads like us, and now all of a sudden, people are talking about him being a top three candidate in one of the strongest drafts in a decade. 

I mean he really did look good in that Hoop Summit game, though . . . along with Dennis Schroeder and Livio Jean Charles. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2014, 03:05:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Adreian Payne is going to be an impact player in the NBA. 6'9 without shoes and he doesn't have that insecure 'i drive a dodge stratus' inch and a half shoe-bump. He has 3/4 inch soles, like a man does.

And the 3rd best standing reach? Bring on the Payne.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2014, 03:13:57 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Per Blakely's Twitter:

Julius Randle said he will interview with the #Celtics today. #Celticstalk

Kyle Anderson, Rodney Hood & Noah Vonleh among the players that have/are scheduled to interview with the #Celtics this week. #Celticstalk

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2014, 03:15:52 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Adreian Payne is going to be an impact player in the NBA. 6'9 without shoes and he doesn't have that insecure 'i drive a dodge stratus' inch and a half shoe-bump. He has 3/4 inch soles, like a man does.

I like him, too, but dudes who don't get drafted until age 23 don't tend to do much damage in the NBA these days! Who are the best ones out there?

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2014, 03:16:37 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Impact player? Is Kelly Olynyk an impact player? I think Olynyk will be a better pro than Payne. Not night and day or anything though. I think Payne projects as a nice backup power forward. Olynyk also looks like a nice back up.

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

I mean he really did look good in that Hoop Summit game, though . . . along with Dennis Schroeder and Livio Jean Charles.

Livio just happened to get injured.  When he is lighting it up for the Spurs in 2 years, remember this comment.  Dude is going to be beastly in that system

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2014, 03:25:50 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175

I like him, too, but dudes who don't get drafted until age 23 don't tend to do much damage in the NBA these days! Who are the best ones out there?

Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, & JJ Redick from recent memory would say otherwise
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2014, 03:30:27 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, & JJ Redick from recent memory would say otherwise

David West . . .
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2014, 03:30:50 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Obviously inappropriate to go back to the era when playing 4 years of college ball was the norm.

JJ Reddick is a good catch, though. Others? More Dukies, I guess- the Plumlees
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:39:10 PM by sofutomygaha »