Author Topic: Rudy Gay's Resurgence  (Read 1692 times)

Rudy Gay's Resurgence
« on: January 30, 2014, 09:05:28 PM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Has anyone ever bounced back so well from terrible play as Rudy Gay?

In Toronto he was averaging 19/7/2 on 39% shooting in 18 games this year. And those 19 points were on almost 19 shot attempts per game as well.

In Sacramento, he's averaging 20/5/3 on 53%!! shooting in 22 games this year. And those 20 points are only off of 15 shot attempts per game.

What do you guys think is the reason for his turn around? Could he become an all-star in Sacramento?

Re: Rudy Gay's Resurgence
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
When I have seen him play on Sac he has been way more within the offense and has taken better shots closer to the rim.

He always has just needed to be more efficient.  The talent was always there.  I think maybe getting traded twice finally is making him take a hard look in the mirror.

And good for him.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 09:27:11 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
When I have seen him play on Sac he has been way more within the offense and has taken better shots closer to the rim.

He always has just needed to be more efficient.  The talent was always there.  I think maybe getting traded twice finally is making him take a hard look in the mirror.

And good for him.

I've read somewhere that he's playing in the post more now.

Is that true?

And why won't JG do it. UGH.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:46:32 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
i think it was coz in Toronto he was pushing himself too hard. He knew he was going to be traded and thus, was just out to get stats (see: crazy high shot attempts). In Sac, he knows he's a building block. Sounds corny but mentally, i think he's just at a better place. I'm very pleased with this resurgence. He's become the Paul George of the West. Im glad i have him on my fantasy team lol
- LilRip

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 09:35:25 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The two games I've watched he hasn't changed his shot selection. He's just the third option now and is on a hot shooting streak.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

And good for him.

I think it's the fact that he's their second/third option--he seems to go back and forth with IT22 game-to-game.

Gay never really fit in to Memphis once they went all in on Z-Bo/Gasol pairing because his three's aren't great, and he's clearly not a great player to have as your number one option, but playing off a big like DMC has been really good for his game.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.