Author Topic: Raptors trade idea  (Read 1911 times)

Raptors trade idea
« on: December 09, 2013, 09:45:32 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
I was reading some raptors fan boards to see thier reactions to the Gay trade. They are very excited to get Gay out of town and really rebuild.

An interesting fact I found was that the raptors GM is reportatly working hard to get another top 15 pick in this draft. One raptors fan suggested the following trade..

Wallace + Nets 2014 1st for Demar DeRozan

What does everyone think

I say yes the 4 years on DeRozan's deal kind of hurts but moving wallace for a productive 24yr old seems worth the lost pick.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Raptors trade idea
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 10:20:06 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't think I would trade Wallace straight up for DeRozan.  I'd rather have Avery Bradley as the long-term starting SG.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:25:19 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
I'm not a fan of Derozan as one of the main men of a team.  I don't mind him as a scorer but he is paid like a major piece of a team.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 11:38:03 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
I'm not a fan of Derozan as one of the main men of a team.  I don't mind him as a scorer but he is paid like a major piece of a team.

The tough thing with any trade that takes on a sub star player for extended years is determining if its possible to win without a super star. Lets say Rondo returns to his old form and Sully becomes a 15/10 every night PF. Does Derozan, green and AB off the bench leave this team a decent (Asik/Gortat type) center away for being a finals team? Probably not but those are the questions DA has to figure out.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 11:40:31 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I was reading some raptors fan boards to see thier reactions to the Gay trade. They are very excited to get Gay out of town and really rebuild.

An interesting fact I found was that the raptors GM is reportatly working hard to get another top 15 pick in this draft. One raptors fan suggested the following trade..

Wallace + Nets 2014 1st for Demar DeRozan

What does everyone think

I say yes the 4 years on DeRozan's deal kind of hurts but moving wallace for a productive 24yr old seems worth the lost pick.
That fan is probably not aware that in this trade, he will in all likelihood be getting Atlanta's pick.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 12:49:54 PM »

Offline stes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
i think that raptors are interested in collecting expirings, rookie contracts and picks, to maximize their flexibility in rebuilding. i don't think they'd be content with eating those years remaining on Wallace's contract. i wonder, though, what more would it take to convince them to swap Demar for Humphries, as it seems they're looking to deal him? would clippers 15 pick be enough? i doubt it. my guess is they would push for K.Olynyk to be involved and i'm not sure i'd happy with that deal. still, the combination of Rajon, Avery, Jordan, Jeff and Demar sounds kinda nice

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I saw the Raptors mentioned as a team interested in Crawford.

What about Humphries/Crawford for DeRozan and Terrance Ross?

Together with the Asik trade you have:

Rondo
DeRozan
Green
Sullinger
Asik
-----------
Bradley - 6th man
Ross
Wallace
Olynyk
Faverani

The big drawback is taking on Asik and Derozan's salaries and not shedding Wallace's contract.