Author Topic: Idea: Amare for Humphries and Wallace  (Read 7832 times)

Re: Idea: Amare for Humphries and Wallace
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 11:40:35 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If the idea is to tank this year, then I do think this deal makes sense.

You get salary cap relief over the next 3 years while only being stuck with Amare's contract for just 2. Plus next year, I would think his expiring contract would be a pretty attractive chip.

I would even take this one step further. As Green and Bass have surpassed Wallace and Humph on the totem pole here in Boston, deal Green, Bass and Bradley for Stat, Shumpert and a 2018 1st rd pick.

That way, the Knicks get three really good players for now, while the Celts get a decent player in Shump, a future 1st and a big expiring contract for next year in Stat while clearing Green, Bass and Avery off the books.

Shumpert and the 2018 1st are also a "thank you" for the Celts dealing their three best players besides Rondo.

Again, this is ONLY if the idea is to tank for this year and set yourself up in a better position for next year and/or the year after.

Either way, Stoudemire can't really hurt you. If he can stay relatively healthy, you have another big other than Faverani. If he can't play, then it's more losses which lead to a better chance of a higher pick.