Author Topic: Idea: Amare for Humphries and Wallace  (Read 7809 times)

Re: Idea: Amare for Humphries and Wallace
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 01:06:04 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You know, if I could see the future and know that A'mare was capable of 25 minutes a game of near-his-peak play, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, I think that the odds of that happening are about as low as can possibly be.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 01:09:22 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would think about the following

Amare for Wallace, Bass, Lee and Brooks. 

None of the Celtics expire this year so the Celtics are not paying extra next year.  Cut Wallace and Lee by one year (or 15 million)

Then, play Amare into the ground so insurance picks up his contract when he is forced to retire early.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 01:35:33 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I like the idea of adding lee to the deal but without humphries in it I see no reason for the Knicks to do it. His expiring deal seemed like a big motivational factor in this for ny.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 02:05:49 PM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
I like the idea of adding lee to the deal but without humphries in it I see no reason for the Knicks to do it. His expiring deal seemed like a big motivational factor in this for ny.

Humphires Wallace and Lee for Amare and Prigioni works in trade checker
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 02:13:28 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 981
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I proposed this trade over the summer in which we also sent them Bass.  It made the financial hit of Amare's deal a little smaller next season, about $6.5 million net, and cleared up Wallace's salary for the 2014 offseason.  I'd personally want a pick back if we're including Bass, but I'd have no problem if that pick came in 2019 or 2020 -- we have enough picks through 2018 as it is.

I do think Rondo-Amar'e would be a great combo for the 15 minutes of 40 games that Amar'e could play.
I remember that trade and I was in favor of it at the time because the center position looked like the area of greatest need.  In a worst-case, Amare is injured and we tank anyway.  However, with the emergence of Faverani, and the need to get KO as much PT as possible, I see the backcourt as the most pressing problem.  I reallty don't like anybody the C's have back there, and Rondo's return still leaves the backup PG and SG spots as gaps.

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 02:18:19 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
The Knicks are not giving up Prigioni for that package. I'd sooner wager that we'd see Felton traded before Prigioni. Pablo is way too valuable to them as a backup guard.

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 03:49:14 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Then, play Amare into the ground so insurance picks up his contract when he is forced to retire early.

Stoudemire's contract isn't insured.  If you trade for him, you are stuck paying his entire contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 06:22:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561
NY's motivation is Amare can't play and has a huge contract.  While Bass, lee, and Wallace aren't world beaters, they are at least useful rotation players for a contender.  If Humphries is swapped in for some or all of those players, Boston would need to get Prigioni or Shumpert back at a minimum for getting rid of the value that is Hump and saving NY all that money (which remember is a lot more than just actual salary since they are in luxury tax range next year).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 08:02:36 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
NY has no pick to balance the trade proposed by the OP.

Amare for Bass+Lee+Wallace is a fair trade. NY has to take on an extra year of Lee+Wallace salaries, but they would get actual production from 3 players, instead of nothing out of Amare.

That would be a good trade for both parts, and Amare can rest the season to try to make a comeback next season to get a new contract.

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
d Amare can rest the season to try to make a comeback next season to get a new contract.

I don't think he will make a comeback.   Steady decline the last few years, he is done.

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1784
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I remember the proposed trade this summer and also agreed with it then. This makes too much sense for us - we free up time for our young players and free up a ton of money after next season (especially if we include Lee). I realize this isn't a 'win-now' move, but there is always the possibility that Amar'e comes back as a decent center...but that is not why we do this deal.

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 10:07:43 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Humphries, Wallace, and Crawford works. And I'd push for a pick for doing the knicks a favor.

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 10:09:41 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 11:13:52 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Humphries, Wallace, and Crawford works. And I'd push for a pick for doing the knicks a favor.

They don't have any picks available before 2018.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 11:15:40 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
chirstalmighty, have you seen Amare this season? not only is he in decline, it is terminal decline....heeeellllllll NO!!!