Author Topic: Just a random crazy pipe dream trade  (Read 639 times)

Just a random crazy pipe dream trade
« on: June 23, 2013, 09:05:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't know... I'm bored.

Cavs have like 24 mil in cap space

Could you send them Pierce (15 mil) and Rondo (12 mil) for the #1 pick, a big fat trade exception and a filler contract?

Obviously the Cavs have no use for Rondo (12 mil)... so could they then flip Rondo to Orlando for Turkaglu (12 mil expiring) and the #2...  ?  I think Turkaglu's contract is similar to Pierce in that if they waive him, only 6 million is guaranteed.

Could this be reworked into a fancy 3 team trade?

Why for Boston:  We're rebuilding.  Take Noel #1.  Let him take his time coming back from surgery.  Tank for Wiggins.  Get that big fat trade exception that you can use this offseason, at the deadline or next season?

Why for Cavs:  They would get a solid vet in Pierce and only move down 1 spot to #2.  They don't seem all that excited with this draft to begin with.

Why for Orlando:  This is the hardest part... why would they give up the #2 for Rondo?  I can't see them doing that.  Team is far from competing.  Zero sense in building their team around Rondo.   Any additional assets we can send to Orlando (like 2nd rounders from the Cavs) to make it work? 

Nevermind... that's dumb.  ORlando would never give up the #2 for Rondo.  I'd delete this post, but I've already written too much.

Re: Just a random crazy pipe dream trade
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
In retrospect, this trade would have made more sense written like this:

Boston trades Rajon Rondo to the Magic for Turkaglu's expiring and the #2.  Waive Turkaglu and only 6 mil is on the books.

Trade Pierce and the #2 to the Cavs for the #1 and a trade exception.

Re: Just a random crazy pipe dream trade
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 09:27:27 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
If this were a better draft with a stud at the top, no chance.

BUT, in this draft that trade could be a viable option.

Cavs get Pierce for a drop 1 spot where they could still get their guy.

Magic get Rondo for #2 and dump Turk's contract. Rondo is better than anything they could get in this draft.

Celtics clear a ton of salary and get the pick of the lot in this draft.