Author Topic: Metta World Peace ?  (Read 1549 times)

Re: Metta World Peace ?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 10:59:39 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

I saw the title and came in to say "no". By the way, while he's still a decent defender, he's not at all athletic.

Better Lee than?

They don't play the same position, but they're the same level of player. He's much less athletic though, so he's less useful in transition on both ends of the court.

Wrong. Of course they play in the same position.

SG isn't SF last time I checked.

I do not know how can be SF. He is a SG for sure, from times of Indys. I can not be wrong

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 11:02:49 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

I saw the title and came in to say "no". By the way, while he's still a decent defender, he's not at all athletic.

Better Lee than?

They don't play the same position, but they're the same level of player. He's much less athletic though, so he's less useful in transition on both ends of the court.

I do not know how can be SF. He is a SG for sure, from times of Indys. I can not be wrong

Yeah you can.

He was always a SF. He could play SG when he was younger, yeah. He's just way too slow now. Because of his strength, however, I could see him playing the 3 or the 4.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 11:12:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Better Lee than?

You "can not be wrong"? Alright, buddy.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 11:12:58 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519

Better Lee than?

I live in so cal.  The lakers are on tv all the time, sometimes I can't escape them and actually watch.  MWP is NOT a SG.  He isn't quick enough, and  not skilled enough to be a shooting guard.  He is going into his 15th year.  He is already 33 years old.  His numbers were inflated last year because he was one of the few healthy players on the lakers and played 34 min a game.  He barely shot 40% from the field last year.  Bad numbers for anyone.

Why anyone would want him in a rebuilding situation in Boston is beyond me.  He has times of instability and might even be a distraction to our younger players. What can he possibly provide to help our team in it's current situation?

Why don't we just go after Derrick Fisher or some other aging laker that won't help us either.  Cmon...this makes absolutely NO sense.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:18:06 PM by blink »

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 11:14:36 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Better Lee than?

LA has a shooting guard, his name isn't Metta. It's Kobe.