Author Topic: Rumor: Paul Pierce to Cavs for 2nd round picks #31 & #33  (Read 20059 times)

Re: Rumor: Paul Pierce to Cavs for 2nd round picks #31 & #33
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2013, 03:16:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Cleveland could pick up two veteran leaders with rings, be a real contender at the cost of a mid first and early second round pick, I think they do that.

What is that 19th pick to them?  They are loaded with young guys that need playing time.  Do they want Kyrie Irving to waste two more years while they develop?  Plus that 19th pick has guaranteed money and has to be on the roster and they already have the #1 pick coming in.  I think they'd consider it.  They aren't getting any other Hall of Famer to come to Cleveland.

If you believe the rumors, they really like Sergei Karasev, who is projected around that area in mock drafts.  The Cavs reportedly would like to move up to ensure they can grab him, but would probably hang on to #19 and hope he slides if he can't make a deal.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Re: Rumor: Paul Pierce to Cavs for 2nd round picks #31 & #33
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2013, 03:16:49 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
They won't do it they don't have to do it.  This right now is a case of celtics fans getting greedy and over valuing a player.  I do it for the exception and two 2nd rounders.  that is all pierce is worth now in this NBA.

Exactly.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.