Author Topic: Would you take Ray Allen back? Why or why not?  (Read 9676 times)

Re: Would you take Ray Allen back? Why or why not?
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2013, 07:12:02 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
wow, lessons don't come easy for Celtic Fans. This is going to be some drought!!

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2013, 08:40:21 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would've taken Ray Allen back had he not left us for the Heat...

I understand wanting to cement your legacy, but he already did! Now that he joined the rival team, and that almost everyone on the Celtics hate him. I seriously doubt anyone would ever take him due to chemistry and locker room issues.

Not to mention he isn't even that good. If we really took him back it would be for the vet minimum and that's a huge IF.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2013, 08:48:38 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Maybe if we start a senior circuit we can bring him back and Russell and Cousy and he can get all the touches he wants as long as his osteoporosis is in check.

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2013, 08:59:59 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Two great quotes from posters on RealGM:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1254043

After reading the whole article, what I want to know is: What's killing Ray Allen more? The fact that he gets even less touches than Wade and Bosh? Or the fact that his name isn't even mentioned in the article?

and another:

Bathing in the collective tears of Wade/LBJ/#20 is the only reason I'm even kind of paying attention to this postseason. It still bothers me that people actually believe Judas left "for the best chance to win another ring." What a bunch of malarkey. This guy's a petulant child and he spurned us for Miami cause it was the best way to stick it to Rondo/Doc/Danny and whoever's hurt in the process be [dang]ed.

Do you guys remember what his actual given reason was for leaving? "Family reasons." Yes, he supposedly took LESS MONEY to move his sick diabetic child far away from both the BEST medical care in THE WORLD & his offseason home in Connecticut. What a noble guy! No need for toilet paper, this guy shats soft serve ice cream (mmmm... chocolatey). He used that "family reasons" line because NOBODY can possibly call him out for it. It's a copout and Pat Riley probably fed it to him.

"Reserved" DOES NOT directly translate to "Classy," which I feel is what a lot of people are missing with this jabroni. You don't have to be loud and overtly obnoxious to be a narcissist and this turkey is living proof. Even if he does win a ring all that proves is that he's got a solid grip when he's grasping LeBron's coattails. I've seen NO evidence that this clown has ANY bearing on whether the Heat win or lose.

These sum it up for me about Judas in a way that I would struggle to replictate.

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2013, 10:22:45 AM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
This isn't really a possibility is it? SMH

NBA on NBC Boston ‏@NBAonNBCBoston

People close to Ray Allen claiming he is thinking about opting out of his contract hoping to return to Boston for 1 year & retire a celtic.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2013, 10:25:45 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This isn't really a possibility is it? SMH

NBA on NBC Boston ‏@NBAonNBCBoston

People close to Ray Allen claiming he is thinking about opting out of his contract hoping to return to Boston for 1 year & retire a celtic.

If I recall correctly, that ‏@NBAonNBCBoston account is total nonsense.  They're the ones that reported that the Celts were trading for DeMarcus Cousins, if I remember right.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »

Offline Sizzlack

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
Two great quotes from posters on RealGM:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1254043

After reading the whole article, what I want to know is: What's killing Ray Allen more? The fact that he gets even less touches than Wade and Bosh? Or the fact that his name isn't even mentioned in the article?

and another:

Bathing in the collective tears of Wade/LBJ/#20 is the only reason I'm even kind of paying attention to this postseason. It still bothers me that people actually believe Judas left "for the best chance to win another ring." What a bunch of malarkey. This guy's a petulant child and he spurned us for Miami cause it was the best way to stick it to Rondo/Doc/Danny and whoever's hurt in the process be [dang]ed.

Do you guys remember what his actual given reason was for leaving? "Family reasons." Yes, he supposedly took LESS MONEY to move his sick diabetic child far away from both the BEST medical care in THE WORLD & his offseason home in Connecticut. What a noble guy! No need for toilet paper, this guy shats soft serve ice cream (mmmm... chocolatey). He used that "family reasons" line because NOBODY can possibly call him out for it. It's a copout and Pat Riley probably fed it to him.

"Reserved" DOES NOT directly translate to "Classy," which I feel is what a lot of people are missing with this jabroni. You don't have to be loud and overtly obnoxious to be a narcissist and this turkey is living proof. Even if he does win a ring all that proves is that he's got a solid grip when he's grasping LeBron's coattails. I've seen NO evidence that this clown has ANY bearing on whether the Heat win or lose.

These sum it up for me about Judas in a way that I would struggle to replictate.

Quoted for epic truth.

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2013, 10:51:54 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Realistically I don't think we can afford him. Do you know how much the health insurance would go up adding him? Do you know how expensive geriatric doctors are?

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2013, 11:00:37 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I say no. Times up in Boston. Due to retire soon. Lets get younger for what we would have to pay for him.

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I'd take him back.

He would certainly take a back seat but still think he can play in this league and be a good mentor.

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I would take him back and pretend like this year never happened. If we are going to make one more stab at it with Pierce and Kg, why not bring back all of the big 3.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2013, 11:48:28 AM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Maybe Ray knows Rondo is a goner.  8)  Ray, would be better than Terry.  Ray, Paul and KG could all come off the bench - for one year. 
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2013, 12:27:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
just praying for pacer win

fingers crossed

allen leaves if heat choke

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2013, 03:06:51 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Ray Allen and Paul Pierce shooting around the same percentages this post-season

Just want you all who are making old jokes to know that.

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2013, 03:08:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Ray Allen and Paul Pierce shooting around the same percentages this post-season

Just want you all who are making old jokes to know that.

Too bad Pierce is still the better player in terms of being multifaceted.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different