Author Topic: (Rumor) Chris Paul wants out of LA, could DA package a deal around Rondo?  (Read 4652 times)

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Folks. Rondo has a high risk injury. Trading him for a healthy PG is better that gambling the Rondos future...
Rondo is no more of an injury risk than Paul.

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
No chance.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
CP3 wants no parts of Boston. He basically said this. If he wanted to be here, he would have came the first time when the team was actually somewhat in contention.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
For the record, I don't think trading Rondo for Chris Paul is enough of an upgrade to justify paying Paul what will almost certainly be the most massive contract available.

The other problem is that sign and trade deals are a dying breed under the new CBA, so this is actually a really tricky trade proposal.

Assuming CP3 signs for Carmelo money, Rondo + Jeff Green would get it done, I believe.

Isn't CP3 a free agent? Has any team given away close to the talent of Rondo and Green in a sign and trade? Maybe we should throw in the Garden as well.

Seriously, how much did the Cavs get for LeBron?

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
For the record, I don't think trading Rondo for Chris Paul is enough of an upgrade to justify paying Paul what will almost certainly be the most massive contract available.

The other problem is that sign and trade deals are a dying breed under the new CBA, so this is actually a really tricky trade proposal.

Assuming CP3 signs for Carmelo money, Rondo + Jeff Green would get it done, I believe.

Isn't CP3 a free agent? Has any team given away close to the talent of Rondo and Green in a sign and trade? Maybe we should throw in the Garden as well.

Dude asked for a trade package that works. Assuming Chris Paul signs with the Clippers for 20 million-ish, you could trade Jeff Green and Rondo for him.

I'm not advocating for it, I'm answering the question.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
Oh boy, here we go again.

NO WAY.

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
If you haven't been watching ....Chris Paul isn't HAPPY ANYWHERE.......we have Rondo....leave it alone....fix the problems on the team...like a real CENTER....a 2 guard......honestly......RONDO has always been happy here....and he is one of the BEST pg's in the league.....and getting better too......

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Folks. Rondo has a high risk injury. Trading him for a healthy PG is better that gambling the Rondos future...
Rondo is no more of an injury risk than Paul.
exactly...cp3 was out injured last year also....any player can get injured...rondo has played like a flying football player for years....getting no help or ref respect....he is tough enough.....we keep rondo..!

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I love Rondo and I wouldn't do this deal for one reason:

Everyone talks about Rondo's knee being an issue going forward, and my counter argument is, Chris Paul has bad knees, too.  I mean, the guy has to shoulder the load for his team pretty much every night, and thanks to his stupid coach, he's forced to do everything on offense.  It doesn't help that his knees were bad before he got into the NBA, and he's already had one surgery on one of then (in 2010).

I'm not so sure Chris Paul can sustain his high level of play because his knees will give out on him.  I think he's got maybe 5 more years of superstar-caliber play, and that's assuming he doesn't suffer any more knee pain.

Trading Rondo for Chris Paul might be a talent upgrade, but it still holds the same injury risk.  I wouldn't do it.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Dude asked for a trade package that works. Assuming Chris Paul signs with the Clippers for 20 million-ish, you could trade Jeff Green and Rondo for him.

PP and Bass, Terry or Lee work too and would make much more sense to the Celts.

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Would a Rondo-Paul backcourt work?

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Would a Rondo-Paul backcourt work?

If not you could get more value for Rondo in a separate deal.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
If you haven't been watching ....Chris Paul isn't HAPPY ANYWHERE.......we have Rondo....leave it alone....fix the problems on the team...like a real CENTER....a 2 guard......honestly......RONDO has always been happy here....and he is one of the BEST pg's in the league.....and getting better too......

thats right ,   CP3 won't be happy ( he thinks anyways ) till he is in Purple and Gold.

Rather have Rondo , than somebody who goal is to jump ship to LAKERs at first chance.