Author Topic: Chris Paul upset with Clippers  (Read 6207 times)

Re: Chris Paul upset with Clippers
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2013, 09:31:56 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This really seems overblown to me.  I'm putting my money on CP3 staying in LA at the end of the day.  Ditto for Howard.

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2013, 10:30:44 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Have any of these coach killing, force their way out of town to a team they want players like Howard, Paul and Melo ever won anything besides a gold medal in the Olympics? I understand that primadonnas have been in the NBA since its inception but when these guys start becoming the tail that wags the dog, they got to realize, they are killing the dog.

At least we've progressed (somewhat) beyond the days of free agents patiently waiting while their soon-to-be new teams dismantled the roster in order to pay them more money.

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Have any of these coach killing, force their way out of town to a team they want players like Howard, Paul and Melo ever won anything besides a gold medal in the Olympics? I understand that primadonnas have been in the NBA since its inception but when these guys start becoming the tail that wags the dog, they got to realize, they are killing the dog.

I think you can kinda make the argument LeBron has . . . he was at least as bad for the Cavs in his last year or two there.  He was always holding the possibility of leaving over their heads, not committing one way or another, and basically putting the team in a position where they had to make desperate, ill-advised moves to try to win right away in the hope that LeBron might not ditch them.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2013, 06:09:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think you can kinda make the argument LeBron has . . . he was at least as bad for the Cavs in his last year or two there.  He was always holding the possibility of leaving over their heads, not committing one way or another, and basically putting the team in a position where they had to make desperate, ill-advised moves to try to win right away in the hope that LeBron might not ditch them.
Yeah I guess you can argue that but Lebron, up until the point where he went on TV to announce his decision, really wasn't forcing his way out of town. It can also be argued he gave that franchise every opportunity to get better and waited and waited but poor front office decisions and questionable coaching cost Lebron his patience and so he finally left after his contract ran out. He never forced his way out of town.

Also, I think he ends up back in Cleveland myself. I just can't see him sticking around the quickly declining Wade and Bosh, the man who thinks he's 10 times better than he really is. I think he ETOs out after next year and heads home to Cleveland to play with Irving, Thompson, Waiters, Zeller and Noel.

And again, he wouldn't be forcing his way out of town, just exercising his option to leave.

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2013, 07:33:05 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Not sure why people are willing to give up Rondo for CP3.

Rondo might have some anger problems and might require coaching, but he is not a team killer.

Chris Paul is not coachable. He is that type of guy who thinks he is so good that he doesn't need others telling him what to do. He would create all sorts of problems for this team. Could even get Doc fired.

Additionally, the guy wants to do everything. He wants to be the star and play the game, he wants to coach and tell everyone what to do and he wants to run the team and manage it. All at the same time.

Seriously, you are a player. Act like it. We don't need you to do more than what you are capable of doing.

There is a good coach and a professional manager for the team. So sit down and do your own job. Stop getting off your seat and trying to do others' job.

I would much rather have a point guard that plays like a star and excels at his job than a point guard that wants to be the star of the team, the coach of the team and the manager of the team.

Him and Dwight deserve each other. Trying to get attention and ruining teams.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:05:54 PM by badshar »

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2013, 02:19:04 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 399
There is a good coach and a professional manager for the team. So sit down and do your own job. Stop getting off your seat and trying to do others' job.

i pretty much disagree with this statement a whole lot. vinny del negro is a coach who is prone to make very questionable decisions and the owner of that team unprofessional and unethical.

CP3 isn't "uncoachable". I'd say Rondo is more uncoachable than CP3. It's just that the biggest differences in their situation are 1) Doc Rivers and 2) KG, Paul Pierce [and Ray Allen]. without them, i'm pretty sure Rondo would've developed some really bad habits and would've taken a lot longer to mature.
- LilRip

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2013, 02:39:14 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

i pretty much disagree with this statement a whole lot. vinny del negro is a coach who is prone to make very questionable decisions and the owner of that team unprofessional and unethical.

CP3 isn't "uncoachable". I'd say Rondo is more uncoachable than CP3. It's just that the biggest differences in their situation are 1) Doc Rivers and 2) KG, Paul Pierce [and Ray Allen]. without them, i'm pretty sure Rondo would've developed some really bad habits and would've taken a lot longer to mature.

Vinny Del Negro sucks.

But Rondo sure as hell has been a lot more low maintenance.

And you're arguing because Rondo's had the luxury of growing under Doc Rivers and the HOF'ers, what he's doing right now doesn't count? You're comparing a hypothetical Rondo with real life Chris Paul?

Plus, for the 3rd or 4th time, I think Rondo's attitude problems are really overblown by the media. After I learned that Rondo quietly attended games to cheer for his team in the locker room after blowing his ACL, all shots at Rondo's attitude problems went out the window.

Chris Paul is the better player. By how much is up for debate. But as far as being lower maintenance, Rondo definitely takes the cake in my books.

P.S. In before someone debates the part where I said "by how much is up for debate", debating that there is no debate that Rondo is miles behind Chris Paul, followed by more debate.