Author Topic: Chris Paul upset with Clippers  (Read 6208 times)

Re: Chris Paul upset with Clippers
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 06:41:24 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
What's the over/under on how many years it takes Sterling to reduce the franchise to complete irrelevance again?

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 06:48:45 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
I hope both Chris Paul and Dwight Howard stay in the west.

It's gonna be a tough conference if they both end up in ATL.

We're gonna be in the bottom of East.

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 07:08:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Have any of these coach killing, force their way out of town to a team they want players like Howard, Paul and Melo ever won anything besides a gold medal in the Olympics? I understand that primadonnas have been in the NBA since its inception but when these guys start becoming the tail that wags the dog, they got to realize, they are killing the dog.

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 07:13:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2741
Have any of these coach killing, force their way out of town to a team they want players like Howard, Paul and Melo ever won anything besides a gold medal in the Olympics? I understand that primadonnas have been in the NBA since its inception but when these guys start becoming the tail that wags the dog, they got to realize, they are killing the dog.

Well put Nick. If they were smart enough to be the coach or GM, they would be hired as player/GM or coach. They should focus on their job and let the GMs and coaches do theirs.

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 07:17:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I would not be at all surprised to see Chris Paul and Dwight Howard both end up in Dallas.
I would be surprised if those two stars were traded to teams in the West.

Dallas can just sign them.  No trade necessary.  Or at least that's their plan.

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 07:22:36 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
I would not be at all surprised to see Chris Paul and Dwight Howard both end up in Dallas.

As long as neither one winds up with the Lakers or Heat, I don't care where they go.  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4599

Well Kareem forced the Bucks to trade him to a big city, that worked out pretty well. Shaq forced the Lakers to trade him and got another ring out of it.

Maybe in the past other coaches were fired because of their star players, but we just never heard about it.  Didn't Magic want Westhead fired? Why did Bill Fitch leave the C's (felt like I read about that before, but can't remember, sure some of you guys know if there's anything to that or not).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Well Kareem forced the Bucks to trade him to a big city, that worked out pretty well. Shaq forced the Lakers to trade him and got another ring out of it.

Maybe in the past other coaches were fired because of their star players, but we just never heard about it.  Didn't Magic want Westhead fired? Why did Bill Fitch leave the C's (felt like I read about that before, but can't remember, sure some of you guys know if there's anything to that or not).
I don't know about Kareem forcing his way out of Milwaukee but Kareem had already won a title in Milwaukee. Shaq won three titles in LA before being traded to Miami and I believe Kobe had as much to do with Shaq being forced out of LA as Shaq did.

Fitch was fired because he lost the clubhouse. He was a massive task master and after winning the title in 1981, that team didn't want to be treated like high school kids anymore and Red saw that and got rid of him, hence, the hiring of a coach that wasn't half the coach Fitch was but who was a great player's coach.

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 01:51:03 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 399
Call me crazy but, I'd rather have Rondo than Chris Paul any day. Maybe its just my green goggles but I can't imagine Rondo playing for another team.

The dude was built to be a Celtic.

Chris Paul is the better player, yes. 100%

But I can't imagine him being a Celtic.

yes, it is your green goggles. for me, it's KG who was built to be a Celtic. i'll take CP3 over Rondo but sadly, it doesnt seem like it'll happen.
- LilRip

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2013, 02:15:09 AM »

Offline kg_ginotime

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
Houston have the pieces to throw at the Clippers - Asik, Parsons, Lin, Harden - it wouldn't take all of them, but moving 2 to end up with Howard and CP3 would be huge. They'd surely make Harden first priority to keep, Parsons second.

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 07:33:45 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Houston have the pieces to throw at the Clippers - Asik, Parsons, Lin, Harden - it wouldn't take all of them, but moving 2 to end up with Howard and CP3 would be huge. They'd surely make Harden first priority to keep, Parsons second.

Houston has at least $13 mil in cap room, and probably more than that.  If Paul wanted to go to Houston, no trade needs to be made with the Clippers.  Houston might want to ship Lin somewhere else because he's superfluous with Paul, but that would be the only reason.  This is why teams try to create cap room, so you don't have to work out sign-and-trades with jilted former clubs.

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2013, 07:48:55 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 195
Shocker...oh wait no it isn't. Chris Paul is a whiny petulant child who did in fact get Vinny canned.

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 08:44:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The more I hear about guys like Chris Paul and Dwight Howard the more I think how spoiled they are and really how soft.

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
Don't really know if I mind Howard staying on LA..... he isn't the same player he was 5 years ago and I doubt he ever matures .   I don't think the present version D12 is gonna help them win a ring with a old crippled Kobe and old Pau and elderly Nash.

LA would be better off trading him for a reliable player.

CP3 on the other hand ...I hope NEVER is a Laker ...that would be bad news.....

CP3 is dying for the Laker experience ,  KOBE, PHIL JACKSON, the whole nine yards....he would be in heaven...

To listen to the LA fans ,  as long as MDA coaches ....D12, and CP3 not crazy about playing for the LAKERS

There whole world revolves around Jackson as their savior and dumping MDA

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 09:27:31 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I'm not reading too much into it.

I was upset with my girlfriend once, doesn't mean I left her.

Except this is business. 

Why stay with a team where the owner just threw you under the bus (for a smart move) when there are other teams that are run better and can offer similar money.

Can other teams really offer similar money?