Author Topic: Bradley plus all our nonguaranteed contracts. What can that land us?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
This would be similar to the package we sent Houston for Lee except  there`s actually some usable talent in there in the form of Avery Bradley. do y`all reckon there`s a trade partner willing to bite on such an offer this off season, and can they give us soething we need?
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I've been thinking...Bradley is our most tradeable asset outside of JG, Rondo and the vet duo.

On the 76ers, with Turner and Holiday as ball handlers, AB is a great complimentary piece. Lavoy Allen, Spencer Hawes and Moultrie.

Same goes for the Bucks with Jennings and Ellis. Udoh seems to be an odd man out with Sanders and John Henson looking so good.

Ed Davis is a huge question mark. Giving the Grizzlies AB allows them to field a wing trio of Tony Allen, AB and Conley. A pretty formidable defensive trio.

I've thought of several rebuilding teams. This kid is a nice piece with smaller-smarter-Tony Allen potential and nice maturity as well as playoff experience.

The Wiz have a 6'4 John Wall who could pair nicely with AB. They also have Kevin Seraphin who seems like a decent piece.

The Kings can pair AB with Tyreke Evans. Perhaps a three team trade to move up in the upcoming draft wouldn't be so bad.

The Hornets have Jason Smith and Aminu. Again, Vasquez being a 6'6 PG pairs nicely with AB.

Online Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I've been thinking...Bradley is our most tradeable asset outside of JG, Rondo and the vet duo.

On the 76ers, with Turner and Holiday as ball handlers, AB is a great complimentary piece. Lavoy Allen, Spencer Hawes and Moultrie.

Same goes for the Bucks with Jennings and Ellis. Udoh seems to be an odd man out with Sanders and John Henson looking so good.

Ed Davis is a huge question mark. Giving the Grizzlies AB allows them to field a wing trio of Tony Allen, AB and Conley. A pretty formidable defensive trio.

I've thought of several rebuilding teams. This kid is a nice piece with smaller-smarter-Tony Allen potential and nice maturity as well as playoff experience.

The Wiz have a 6'4 John Wall who could pair nicely with AB. They also have Kevin Seraphin who seems like a decent piece.

The Kings can pair AB with Tyreke Evans. Perhaps a three team trade to move up in the upcoming draft wouldn't be so bad.

The Hornets have Jason Smith and Aminu. Again, Vasquez being a 6'6 PG pairs nicely with AB.

I like all of your ideas except Memphis - I think AB is a bit redundant there, with Conley, Allen and Bayless.

I'd add CLE, where AB would fit nicely with Irving, and gives them flexibility given that Waiters may not pan out.

I like best the Udoh idea. Or moving up in the draft.

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

I like all of your ideas except Memphis - I think AB is a bit redundant there, with Conley, Allen and Bayless.

I'd add CLE, where AB would fit nicely with Irving, and gives them flexibility given that Waiters may not pan out.

I like best the Udoh idea. Or moving up in the draft.

I forgot they had Bayless. But AB/Conley/TA/Gasol/*one more* is, again, a pretty darn good defensive lineup.

My point was, though, that he seems very trade-able to me. I actually made a list with all 30 teams like a week ago of AB suitors just to see how trade-able he is. Unfortunately I decided it wasn't really worth a separate thread and disposed of it. A lot of teams could use AB.

I also forgot Utah and Denver, who both have bigs in Al Jeff and Mozgov respectively.

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
What if we asked the Clippers to forget about KG and take this package in exchange for Bledsloe? Just a really random thought that occurred to me.
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
What if we asked the Clippers to forget about KG and take this package in exchange for Bledsloe? Just a really random thought that occurred to me.

They would laugh at us.  Bledsoe is a better prospect and more proven as a PG than Bradley, making him much more valuable.

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

They would laugh at us.  Bledsoe is a better prospect and more proven as a PG than Bradley, making him much more valuable.

Laugh might be a bit extreme.

I don't know where this inflated value of beldsoe comes from.

Sure I'd take him on my team but even if it was straight up for bradley (which isn't what was proposed) it really wouldn't be all that exciting.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Agree they laugh at us.

but to play devil's advocate, with all the offense the clippers have, especially at the guard spot (paul and crawford take up a lot of shots) would the Clippers benefit from a player like Bradley who could concentrate solely on defense for them.

Still couldnt land us Bledsoe.