Author Topic: Lebron providing Jason Terry with some extra motivation  (Read 3952 times)

Lebron providing Jason Terry with some extra motivation
« on: March 20, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »

Offline TAllen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9075039/lebron-james-miami-heat-says-posterizing-boston-celtics-jason-terry-was-pleasure

Every time Lebron opens his mouth it makes me dislike him even more(if that's possible).  It would be great if the Celts could knock Lebroid and the Heat out of the playoffs!  Would love to hear what JT would have to say then. This is what he said about his dunk.

"I've had a chance to [review] it, and it was one of my better ones," James said. "The fact that it happened to J.T. made it that much sweeter. Because we all know J.T. and he talks too much sometimes. And I'm glad it happened to him."

Re: Lebron providing Jason Terry with some extra motivation
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 04:29:41 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9075039/lebron-james-miami-heat-says-posterizing-boston-celtics-jason-terry-was-pleasure

Every time Lebron opens his mouth it makes me dislike him even more(if that's possible).  It would be great if the Celts could knock Lebroid and the Heat out of the playoffs!  Would love to hear what JT would have to say then. This is what he said about his dunk.

"I've had a chance to [review] it, and it was one of my better ones," James said. "The fact that it happened to J.T. made it that much sweeter. Because we all know J.T. and he talks too much sometimes. And I'm glad it happened to him."

i don't mind smack talking. i love it!

but it seems, if history proves me right...every time lebron said/did something Terry and the Mavs responded...and have a shiny ring to prove it.

so this could work in our favor.

and thusly, i'm excited.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 04:31:08 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I love it when other teams give us bulletin board material. Pierce is usually playing out of his mind when he's angry :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
You beat me to it. I was about to post this.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
What does LeBron have to say about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMY6cqd8al0
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 05:14:32 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I can't be a hypocrite and attack Lebron for this because if this were Rondo, KG or even Jet (who I was praising for calling out Lebron in the 2011 finals)I would be behind them.
Just hope Jet comes back and uses this as motivation.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 05:17:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

It's like he's injured or something  :D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 05:20:51 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I can't be a hypocrite and attack Lebron for this because if this were Rondo, KG or even Jet (who I was praising for calling out Lebron in the 2011 finals)I would be behind them.

My thoughts exactly.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 05:24:22 PM »

Offline syn2k12

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I don't mind it, bring the trash talking into the game, it brings excitement and makes victory that much more sweeter, or losing that much bitter. I love the old style of NBA, not a bunch of pansies being friendly with each other.

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Love it!

Keep opening your trap, LeBron.

Jet does talk smack, but if LeBron is "supposedly" the best player in the game he shouldn't respond to it...

I remember vividly when the Hawks Co-Owner talked trash about our team last yr during the playoffs...called us something akin to "old"...called KG "The dirtiest player in the game..."

"We don't get any calls, which I know everybody always hears," Gearon said, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "But I'll give you a stat. Last night, we are playing this old physical team. They are old. I know what happens when you play basketball, old guys foul. [Kevin] Garnett is the dirtiest guy in the league. We are playing Boston last night and they had two fouls the whole first half. We had five times that and we're athletic."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7914461/atlanta-hawks-co-owner-calls-boston-celtics-kevin-garnett-dirtiest-player

KG then promptly went out and did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BUHk-HhHTs

He tore up Smith and Horford and closed ATL out...did most of his work in the paint, too.

MIA has already lost to BOS without Rajon...barely beat us without KG...

Just keep talking LeBron....keep yapping.

I love it!!

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 05:56:51 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

My thoughts exactly.

Ditto. Though I will add that being one of the best leapers in the game, and dunking over a guy who's 6 inches shorter than you and somewhat out of position defensively on that play, doesn't qualify that as a great play in my book.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 06:45:54 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'd like to congratulate Lebron James for dunking over a 34 year old 6'1" guy, who even in his prime has never been known for his athleticism, and then bragging about it.  Well done, BronBron.

By this summer, Jason Terry will be 2 and 0 in playoff series against James' Heat.  I can't wait to hear what the "King" has to say then. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'd like to congratulate Lebron James for dunking over a 34 year old 6'1" guy, who even in his prime has never been known for his athleticism, and then bragging about it.  Well done, BronBron.

By this summer, Jason Terry will be 2 and 0 in playoff series against James' Heat.  I can't wait to hear what the "King" has to say then.

Boy that will be AWESOME...

Can't stand MIA..they are approaching the Los Angeles Lakers, for me, as far as loatheability....my neighbor's jumped on the bandwagon, and I can't get away from him now. ;D

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 06:58:23 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Boy, I sure hope we see the 2010 NBA Finals JET from this day forward.

The last time Terry talked, he backed it up. I for one would trust what he said.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 07:14:43 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Glad Lebron wasn't politically correct. Trash talk is good for competition and the league has gotten to friendly. Hopefully Terry is ready the next time we play these guys.