Author Topic: Celtics (14-14) at Warriors (20-10) 12/29  (Read 70656 times)

Re: Celtics (14-14) at Warriors (20-10) 12/29
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2012, 11:12:32 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Even Scalabrine has commented about KG sitting so soon.  He wondered why KG had to sit after barely playing and hitting a nice turnaround jumper.  Garnett did not look like he was flagging.  Let the man go longer.  A team can't play from behind all the time.

« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2012, 11:13:05 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Sullinger on the post!!! I love it!!

I don't understand why this does not become a staple of the offense when he is on the court.

They have not went back to him in the post since he got those easy baskets.

Why!?!

I wish I knew. When things like this are so blatantly obvious it disturbs me.

I find it hard to believe that us as fans are smarter than the people getting paid millions to play/coach this game but...

« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2012, 11:13:12 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
With all the rest KG gets during games plus the rest he'll get when the Celtics miss the playoffs, he'll be doubly good next season.  Doc is brilliant.

I give up. Some people will just never allow anything except that it is Doc's fault this team is average at best. Some basketball IQ makes it pretty clear the problem is not Doc.

KG had to be talked into returning this year and the minutes are in large part his idea. Doc is not mishandling the situation, he is working other people who need to step up. If he grinds KG all night and KG gets hurt (not an unlikely scenario at his age) then what? Doc is stupid for overworking KG. There is a reason Ainge says he would like no other coach but Doc - the man is a great coach and any of his players will tell you that. Look at the real problems, don't just blame the coach because you don't like what is happening on the court. Doc - and I admit this is just a guess - did not tell Pierce to throw up an airball three.

I agree, but isn't it ridiculous to sub a guy 270 seconds into a game? It just makes no sense. None at all.

I find it very strange. I have only ever really seen it done with those 15-20 minute a night type starters. Especially for clubs bringing on a Manu Ginobili type in that guy's place.

But for a player of Garnett's ability? And with alternative bigs like Bass, Sully, Wilcox and Collins? I find that very strange.

Still, it worked well for Boston last year. KG played very well in the playoffs. So I am reluctant to criticize ... but I do find it very odd.

The KG minutes thing was not this extreme last year.

And KG almost didn't come back this year because of it. There is a reason he is on this "stupid" schedule and KG himself is partly the architect of it. Do you really think KG would sit like this if he didn't want to? He would be all over the place complaining. Obviously, this is what KG wants. Personally I would rather have KG playing low minutes per quarter for now than no KG at all.

Maybe it won't work again. Maybe if the Celtics make the postseason, KG won't come on like a 25 year old again...but I won't bet against KG...yet.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2012, 11:13:22 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
I also wouldn't derive too much from last season.  Lockout shortened seasons are weird.  And offenses are down significantly league-wide.

« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
HAHAHAHAHA BASS WITH THE KING OF ALL TRAVELS

« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2012, 11:14:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2438
Biedrins playing with some attitude defensively. Wonders never cease ...

« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2012, 11:14:45 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
We are absolutely sunk if Pierce is going to shoot like this tonight.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2012, 11:14:46 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Pierce looks awful tonight.  Wow

« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2012, 11:14:52 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
With all the rest KG gets during games plus the rest he'll get when the Celtics miss the playoffs, he'll be doubly good next season.  Doc is brilliant.

I give up. Some people will just never allow anything except that it is Doc's fault this team is average at best. Some basketball IQ makes it pretty clear the problem is not Doc.

KG had to be talked into returning this year and the minutes are in large part his idea. Doc is not mishandling the situation, he is working other people who need to step up. If he grinds KG all night and KG gets hurt (not an unlikely scenario at his age) then what? Doc is stupid for overworking KG. There is a reason Ainge says he would like no other coach but Doc - the man is a great coach and any of his players will tell you that. Look at the real problems, don't just blame the coach because you don't like what is happening on the court. Doc - and I admit this is just a guess - did not tell Pierce to throw up an airball three.

I agree, but isn't it ridiculous to sub a guy 270 seconds into a game? It just makes no sense. None at all.

I find it very strange. I have only ever really seen it done with those 15-20 minute a night type starters. Especially for clubs bringing on a Manu Ginobili type in that guy's place.

But for a player of Garnett's ability? And with alternative bigs like Bass, Sully, Wilcox and Collins? I find that very strange.

Still, it worked well for Boston last year. KG played very well in the playoffs. So I am reluctant to criticize ... but I do find it very odd.

And KG almost didn't come back this year because of it. There is a reason he is on this "stupid" schedule and KG himself is partly the architect of it. Do you really think KG would sit like this if he didn't want to? He would be all over the place complaining. Obviously, this is what KG wants. Personally I would rather have KG playing low minutes per quarter for now than no KG at all.

Maybe it won't work again. Maybe if the Celtics make the postseason, KG won't come on like a 25 year old again...but I won't bet against KG...yet.

Where did you read that KG devised this minute program or wouldn't come back if he wasn't going to play restricted minutes.

« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 895
  • GOT IT!!!
This is just lazy offense.

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2012, 11:15:10 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Sullinger on the post!!! I love it!!

I don't understand why this does not become a staple of the offense when he is on the court.

They have not went back to him in the post since he got those easy baskets.

Why!?!

I wish I knew. When things like this are so blatantly obvious it disturbs me.

I find it hard to believe that us as fans are smarter than the people getting paid millions to play/coach this game but...
\

They've posted Bass and Green at least 4 times since with no points to show for it. It's just bad coaching.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2012, 11:15:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2438
S.Curry has good hands defensively. Gets a good number of deflections.

« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2012, 11:15:20 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
get bass outta there!

« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2012, 11:15:28 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Does this team have something against scoring in the paint? Only we would take two back to back 3's with the lane wide open. SMH.

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2012, 11:16:13 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Where did you read that KG devised this minute program or wouldn't come back if he wasn't going to play restricted minutes.

I was going to ask the same question. I honestly have never seen anything like this.