Author Topic: Should Doc play Collins alongside with KG?  (Read 6196 times)

Should Doc play Collins alongside with KG?
« on: December 19, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
He is a poor man's Perk ,I know. But he provides size and clogs the paint. He can also slow down big guys.

But knowing Doc, he will stick with small ball.

Re: Should Doc play Collins alongside with KG?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:58:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Did you watch the game tonight?  Death to small ball!

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:01:13 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
And Collins for President!!!

jason Collins is my boy

He clogged the lane almost perfect
helped team D
Play screens
Helped provoke turnovers
Send KG to cover his man
Foul people like a man
and give 6 amazing fouls to the team playing till the 4th

The answer is a LOUD YES!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 10:02:25 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
it may be because it was cleveland, but the defense looked ALOT better with Collins playing the 5 spot. amazing how ANY defensive center(even collins) makes the D look better

a shame we still dont have darko..I would like him as the starting center alot better

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:09:56 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
it may be because it was cleveland, but the defense looked ALOT better with Collins playing the 5 spot. amazing how ANY defensive center(even collins) makes the D look better

a shame we still dont have darko..I would like him as the starting center alot better

agreed but let's pray collins works out. he is usually hot garbage. I would still like Gortat though. gortat and KG start and wilcox and collins after them. move wilcox to the natural 4 spot.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 10:10:34 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
No way.  Collins benefited from spending all of his time with a red hot Pierce, Terry and Rondo against a horrible Cleveland frontline (and team).  He was frequently too slow to rotate to Zeller's jumper, gave up several offensive boards, struggled to rotate quickly to dribble penetration and fouled 6 times in under 24 minutes, several times for and 1's.

If he's playing a major role on the team when it matters, we are in serious trouble.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 10:11:33 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

agreed but let's pray collins works out. he is usually hot garbage. I would still like Gortat though. gortat and KG start and wilcox and collins after them. move wilcox to the natural 4 spot.

Darko idk, Gortat most likely as much as Varejao will be more consistant and better than Collins but for now, i am pretty much happy with this Juggernaut old Classy defendder who knows his job and his role

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 10:16:03 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Darko idk, Gortat most likely as much as Varejao will be more consistant and better than Collins but for now, i am pretty much happy with this Juggernaut old Classy defendder who knows his job and his role

yep. i am trying to find a glimmer of hope right now like most of us.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 10:19:26 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

yep. i am trying to find a glimmer of hope right now like most of us.

Theres one:

Pierce +29  Rondo +22 Collins +23

yes thats what deffese do

;D

Nice to be back!

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 10:20:32 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm not a fan, not against most match ups. Against a limited Cleveland PF/C combo it worked well enough I suppose. Maybe if we want to keep KG off a bigger guy to start the game.

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
I'm not a fan, not against most match ups. Against a limited Cleveland PF/C combo it worked well enough I suppose. Maybe if we want to keep KG off a bigger guy to start the game.

I think this is why Doc did it be4 or after knowing Varejao was out , but he managed Zeller ( who was as hot as anyone tonight)
HE also played great clogging the lane for small guys

Nice to be back!

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I think this is why Doc did it be4 or after knowing Varejao was out , but he managed Zeller ( who was as hot as anyone tonight)
We gave up 13 offensive rebounds and Zeller scored 20.

I don't see it. Collins played okay defense, but he doesn't do anything else for you. No scoring, no rebounds, no passing, nothing else.

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 10:36:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Starting Wilcox at either big spot would make more sense.

Collins didn't really actually help our defense that much.  He doesn't rebound, and he can't score.  He's the center version of Scal.  Maybe he adds some things with intangibles and not doing anything really dumb, but that's about it.

Starting Collins just shows how desperate Doc is to try to give this team some size and a new kind of look.  Collins should not get rotation minutes on a healthy, decent team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 10:39:25 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

We gave up 13 offensive rebounds and Zeller scored 20.

I don't see it. Collins played okay defense, but he doesn't do anything else for you. No scoring, no rebounds, no passing, nothing else.

as I pointed somewhere else, hes a bigger scal without the  offensive power (lol) scal used to have
u know
sometimes its not in the Numbers
pressure, deffense, boxing , positioning. No numbers
as they used to say
untangibles

and I didnt read the Posita comment before posting the Scal part , and yes its an answer to desperation sadly
but right now he fit a role.
And No starting wilcox would not make more sense because he cant deffend like Collins do

Nice to be back!

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 11:00:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
amazing you can put a total stiff like Jason COllins into our lineup and it actually makes a difference.  Just goes to show you how flawed this roster is.  We haven't been the same since Shaq hobbled off the court.  Clearly landing a legit big man for some of our assets would make a big improvement.