Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Southwest Division Press Conferences  (Read 51193 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Southwest Division Press Conferences
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I keep looking at that clip, and it still looks like a travel to me.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2012, 07:11:27 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2443
San Antonio,

How do you match up with the other future-oriented squads we've seen, Houston and Brooklyn?

Houston

Jeremy Lin                                 23           7-0          200              PG
Rodrique Beaubois                 24           6-2          185            PG/SG
Austin Rivers                             20           6-4         200            PG/SG
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist             18           6-7         232            SG/SF
Courtney Lee                             26           6-5         200               SG
Harrison Barnes                      20            6-8         210               SF
Serge Ibaka                               22         6-10         235              PF
Kenneth Faried                         22           6-8         228            SF/PF
Donatas Montiejunas              21           7-0          222           PF/C
John Henson                            21           6-11         220             PF
Jonas Montiejunas                  20           6-11        230              C
Ekpe Udoh                                26            6-10        245           PF/C
Chris Anderson                        34           6-10        228              C

Brooklyn

Derrick Rose/ Damian Lillard/ Eric Maynor
   Iman Shumpert/ Nick Young
   Paul George/ Tobias Harris/ Quicny Pondexter
   Ryan Anderson/ Derrick Williams/ Jared Jeffries
   DeMarcus Cousins/ Emeka Okafor

Houston doesn't come off as much of a threat to me. They have little to no star power and I think it's safe to say we have them beat at every position other than the 4.

Brooklyn is a very solid young team. But I think we can do well against them. I don't think Rose is going to come back the same player, I think Anderson is overrated, and Cousins is a complete knucklehead. I can see them providing some trouble, but ultimately I think my team has the upper hand due to the chemistry that Doc will promote.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2012, 07:13:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Unfortunately, that argument doesn't fly in today's NBA.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

No, I know. If anything, that's a plus for you guys, if Kyrie is already getting superstar treatment from the refs.

« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2012, 07:24:03 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

No, I know. If anything, that's a plus for you guys, if Kyrie is already getting superstar treatment from the refs.

I'm not so sure it's a superstar call - even as a Celtics fan I would've hated to see that play get called back

« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2012, 07:27:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
San Antonio,

How do you match up with the other future-oriented squads we've seen, Houston and Brooklyn?

Houston

Jeremy Lin                                 23           7-0          200              PG
Rodrique Beaubois                 24           6-2          185            PG/SG
Austin Rivers                             20           6-4         200            PG/SG
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist             18           6-7         232            SG/SF
Courtney Lee                             26           6-5         200               SG
Harrison Barnes                      20            6-8         210               SF
Serge Ibaka                               22         6-10         235              PF
Kenneth Faried                         22           6-8         228            SF/PF
John Henson                            21           6-11         220             PF
Ekpe Udoh                                26            6-10        245           PF/C
Chris Anderson                        34           6-10        228              C

Brooklyn

Houston doesn't come off as much of a threat to me. They have little to no star power and I think it's safe to say we have them beat at every position other than the 4.

Brooklyn is a very solid young team. But I think we can do well against them. I don't think Rose is going to come back the same player, I think Anderson is overrated, and Cousins is a complete knucklehead. I can see them providing some trouble, but ultimately I think my team has the upper hand due to the chemistry that Doc will promote.
This I disagree with. Sorry but the only reason SA will be in the running for TOTF is because they won't make the playoffs. That doesn't mean they are going to get better. Most of those players are what they are at this point. So if they don't make the playoffs now and have little to no room to grow, what makes them so good later?

SA isn't a TOTF candidate. They are just a team with young pros that isn't really very good.

« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
shots fired

« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2012, 07:32:57 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2443
San Antonio,

Houston

Brooklyn

This I disagree with. Sorry but the only reason SA will be in the running for TOTF is because they won't make the playoffs. That doesn't mean they are going to get better. Most of those players are what they are at this point. So if they don't make the playoffs now and have little to no room to grow, what makes them so good later?

SA isn't a TOTF candidate. They are just a team with young pros that isn't really very good.

How do you figure the Spurs have no room to grow? Lopez, Harden, Wall, Sullinger, Melo etc.. Are all under 25 and have tremendous potential.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2012, 07:36:39 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
I know it's not a lot of fun - but in 5 years, or the future, you're going to have a hard time convincing me that a team with Kyrie Irving and Lebron James acting as Stockton & Malone aren't going to be amongst the best in the league regardless of who they have on their team

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
C:  Brook Lopez/ Ian Mahinmi/ Fab Melo
PF: Taj Gibson/ Drew Gooden/ Jared Sullinger
SF: Danny Green/ Alonzo Gee/ Reggie Williams
SG: James Harden/ DeShawn Stevenson /
PG: John Wall/ Ramon Sessions

Q1. Can you give us a rough idea of the minutes breakdown. I'm a bit fusty, I know.

Q2. Green played the majority of his minutes last year at SG. He also was pulled from the starting lineup by Pops during the playoffs. Do you feel starting him at SF will be a learning/trying experience for him?

Q3. What are your expectations for this season? Will you sacrifice wins for player development, or try to make the playoffs for a learning experience for your young players?

« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2012, 07:38:50 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I know it's not a lot of fun - but in 5 years, or the future, you're going to have a hard time convincing me that a team with Kyrie Irving and Lebron James acting as Stockton & Malone isn't the best team in the league.

I know I have no leg to stand on in this argument, but my spidey senses tell me that Kyrie is destined for a serious injury within those 5 years. I think it comes sooner, actually. I don't know why, but I've felt that since he came into the league.

Breaking his hand Rypien-style this offseason doesn't count either.

« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I know it's not a lot of fun - but in 5 years, or the future, you're going to have a hard time convincing me that a team with Kyrie Irving and Lebron James acting as Stockton & Malone aren't going to be amongst the best in the league regardless of who they have on their team

I mean, count all the rings Stockton and Malone won.

« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2012, 07:40:14 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
As far as San Antonio's future goes, John Wall and Brooks Lopez could be CONSIDERABLY better in five years than they are currently. It's not money in the bank, but it can't be dismissed either.

« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2012, 07:40:33 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
San Antonio,

Houston

Brooklyn

I won TOTF last year and was in the playoffs.

« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
San Antonio,

Houston

Brooklyn

Yeah, I would take San Antonio over Houston. More NBA proven talent.

Not sure about Brooklyn though. That is a tougher sell.