Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Southwest Division Press Conferences  (Read 51197 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Southwest Division Press Conferences
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Good help defense, Ray.

« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2012, 05:15:23 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Dallas:  Isn't it true Elton Brand was amnestied? Because 1. Nick Young 2. Boom Roasted

« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Quote from: Doug Collins

“For us to be where we are defensively, a big part of that is can you defend the paint and can you rebound the ball,” coach Doug Collins said. “And E.B. is a big part of that for us.”

Minutes Doug Collins played Elton Brand in first four games of series against the Celtics

« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2012, 05:24:34 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Is there a presser from San Antonio?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Ya, or does anyone have an updated roster for him?

EDIT: here's what's in his signature

2012 CB Draft San Antonio Spurs:
Coach Doc Rivers
C:  Brook Lopez/ Ian Mahinmi/ Fab Melo
PF: Taj Gibson/ Drew Gooden/ Jared Sullinger
SF: Danny Green/ Alonzo Gee/ Reggie Williams
SG: James Harden/ DeShawn Stevenson /
PG: John Wall/ Ramon Sessions

« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Here's how I see it:

Dallas
----
NOLA
-----
Spurs
Rockets

I've got Dallas as by far the best regular season team.

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2443

Working on it right now
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2012, 06:01:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

“For us to be where we are defensively, a big part of that is can you defend the paint and can you rebound the ball,” coach Doug Collins said. “And E.B. is a big part of that for us.”

Minutes Doug Collins played Elton Brand in first four games of series against the Celtics

I did not know that. I assumed he played a lot more.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2012, 06:51:09 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Good help defense, Ray.

Does it make me a bad Celtic fan to look at that play with complete admiration, and without even a hint of disgust?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2012, 06:54:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

... and then, once Brand recovered from his neck injury, 30, 34, 34.  Brand averaged 16 ppg in those games on 58% shooting.  KG shot 44% in those three games.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2012, 06:54:28 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2443
Ladies and Gentlemen, your San Antonio Spurs

Center:

Brook Lopez
Height: 7'0
Weight: 260
2010-2011 Stats: 20.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.5 bpg, 49% fg

Brook Lopez is one of the best scorers in the league from the center position. He will be a huge asset to this team and can run the pick and roll/ pick and pop beautifully with John Wall. Lopez's biggest weakness is his lack of effort on the glass and on the defensive end. But with Taj Gibson pushing him and Doc coaching him, this shouldn't be a huge concern. The kid is 24 and can still get a lot better.

Power Forward:

Taj Gibson

Height: 6'9
Weight: 225
2011-2012 per 36 minutes stats: 13.6 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.3 bpg

Taj is a guy that I feel is extremely underrated and overlooked by many fans. He's unbelievably athletic, and a superb rebounder and defender which is perfect next to Brook. Taj is our workhorse, and will finally get a chance to show how good he can be as a starter on this team.

Small Forward:

Danny Green

Height: 6'6
Weight: 210
2011-2012 per 36 stats: 14.3 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.4 spg, 1.1 bpg, 44% 3pt

Green has proven this year that he is a fantastic glue guy and great spot up 3-point shooter and defender. He should be a great fit with these guys, as he won't demand the ball but can get open and hit the outside jumper with consistency. He's also a very solid defender and rebounder which should help this team tremendously.

Shooting Guard:

James Harden

Height: 6'5
Weight: 220
2011-2012 per 36 stats: 19.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 4.2 apg, 49% fg, 39% 3pt

James Harden is quickly developing into a superstar. This guy's numbers would be absolutely phenomenal if he wasn't stuck in OKC behind two of the most prolific scorers in the game. Harden really can do it all. He can create, shoot, pass, rebound, defend. He's soon to be an olympic gold medalist and is a great teammate and potential hall of famer. Harden is gonna be the main scorer on this team, and won't have to deal with any Durants or Westbrooks. He'll finally have a chance to show just how good he really is.

Point Guard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgCtoxRJpDo

John Wall

Height: 6'4
Weight: 195
2011-2012 stats: 16.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 8.0 apg

John Wall gets a lot of unneccessary criticism because he didn't meet people's expectations in his 2nd season. What people neglect to realize is he was playing with a bunch of knuckleheads like Javale McGee, Nick Young, and Andre Blatche, and that locker room was in shambles. The fact remains though that Wall is a tremendous point guard. He's unbelievably big and quick for his position, and can get to the rim at will. And now finally, with a normal supporting cast, and what will surely prove to be a good locker room with Doc in charge, Wall will finally put an end to the doubts and become an all-star before people know it.

Bench:

Drew Gooden

Gooden is 30, and will be called on for some much needed veteran leadership on this team. He's a great scorer off the bench, and with Doc in charge, his defensive effort will greatly improve.

Ramon Sessions

The 26 year old Sessions is a tremendous shooter and pick and roll player who could come in for either Harden or Wall and help run the offense. Once again, he is not know for his defense but that will improve.

Alonzo Gee

A 25 year old athletic wingman, Gee will be counted on for his defense and hard work. He's also very good at driving to the basket and can run the fast break with Wall.

Ian Mahinmi

A solid 25 year old back-up center, Mahinmi can provide a lot of nice inside buckets and is a solid rebounder and hard working defender.

Too lazy to provide pictures for the rest  ;D

Deshawn Stevenson:

Will be counted on for veteran leadership and can be used in defensive situations

Jared Sullinger:

Will get limited minutes but is very young and will definitely be a big contributor some day

Fab Melo:

No doubt he's a project, but has the potential to get some minutes as a true defensive post presence

Reggie Williams:

A good spot up shooter that can be used in exactly those situations

Well basically, my philosophy was simple. With the second to last pick in the 1st round, I knew I wasn't getting a LeBron or a Durant, so building an immediate contender wouldn't be an easy thing to do. So I decided to build for the future. Wall is a player who I think has a tremendous amount of potential if he plays with good character guys, and seeing that Harden was available with my 2nd selection, I was estatic to have a backcourt this young and talented. Wall and Harden can dominate together in the upcoming years.

From there it wasn't all that easy. I picked Brook Lopez in the 3rd round to get a guy upfront that can flat out score. I then picked up Taj Gibson, who does everything well that Lopez does poorly. Green I felt was a perfect way to round out the starting 5 with good shooting and defense.

As for my bench (upfront), I always have been a fan of Drew Gooden, he can come in for Lopez and play alongside Gibson to provide some scoring. Melo might also get a few minutes to provide some defensive intensity and Mahinmi will get some solid run as well. Also, expect a few Sullinger appearances.

Gee will be a good athletic role player off the bench, and he and Stevenson will be good defensive replacements for the starting 5 to help for Sessions' lack of defense. Sessions, however, can do a great job running the offense when Harden/Wall is resting.

Basically, my team is built for the future. I have a very young, star studded backcourt with some great young role players and a few veterans. If this team lives up to its expectations, you better watch out 5 years from now.

Also, the fact that Doc Rivers is coaching this team cannot be overlooked. He will make these guys play hard and play defense.

2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2012, 06:58:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
He didn't get the recognition you think he deserves from a lot of people who get paid for a living to analyze the game.

Tell me about it.  I basically hate the media at this point, and even with the coaches I think voting for the All-Defense teams is an absolute joke, which rewards players who score a lot of points and/or have high name recognition over truly great defenders.  Kobe over Thabo in terms of defense?  Not even close.

« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2012, 06:59:19 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
San Antonio,

How do you match up with the other future-oriented squads we've seen, Houston and Brooklyn?

Houston

Jeremy Lin                                 23           7-0          200              PG
Rodrique Beaubois                 24           6-2          185            PG/SG
Austin Rivers                             20           6-4         200            PG/SG
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist             18           6-7         232            SG/SF
Courtney Lee                             26           6-5         200               SG
Harrison Barnes                      20            6-8         210               SF
Serge Ibaka                               22         6-10         235              PF
Kenneth Faried                         22           6-8         228            SF/PF
Donatas Montiejunas              21           7-0          222           PF/C
John Henson                            21           6-11         220             PF
Jonas Montiejunas                  20           6-11        230              C
Ekpe Udoh                                26            6-10        245           PF/C
Chris Anderson                        34           6-10        228              C

Brooklyn

Derrick Rose/ Damian Lillard/ Eric Maynor
   Iman Shumpert/ Nick Young
   Paul George/ Tobias Harris/ Quicny Pondexter
   Ryan Anderson/ Derrick Williams/ Jared Jeffries
   DeMarcus Cousins/ Emeka Okafor

« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2012, 07:00:54 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Good help defense, Ray.

Does it make me a bad Celtic fan to look at that play with complete admiration, and without even a hint of disgust?

Not at all, in my opinion. It was a meaningless game for us, an incredible play, and something you could point to in order to emphasize how special this player is. To attempt that move, let alone execute it is admirable in itself.

« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Good help defense, Ray.

Not at all, in my opinion. It was a meaningless game for us, an incredible play, and something you could point to in order to emphasize how special this player is. To attempt that move, let alone execute it is admirable in itself.

Minor beef - I don't remember the play in its entirety so there could've been some picks & switches to lead it, but I don't see why you'd have Bass cover Vareajao as opposed to Antawn Jamison here.