Author Topic: Sixers ( 0-1) at Celtics (1-0) ECSF Game 2  (Read 106009 times)

Re: Sixers ( 0-1) at Celtics (1-0) ECSF Game 2
« Reply #705 on: May 14, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
WELL, hopefully the Green take the next game a little more seriously and try to play for 48 minutes.

doubtful....i expect philly to come out and throttle the Cs in game 3....really the series is all about game 4 for boston

Well you expect the Celtics to lose every game....so there is that.

wrong again. i expected boston to win tonight.....i do think they drop game 3. philly at home...crowd....all those things will help a young team

« Reply #706 on: May 14, 2012, 09:34:30 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
we shouldnt wait so late to turn it up

« Reply #707 on: May 14, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Sometimes I wish It was Chris Paul passing it to Ray instead of Rondo....

Yawn

Seriously. Broken record. If you think the problems in this game came from the PG position look elsewhere.

« Reply #708 on: May 14, 2012, 09:34:42 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 451
This game was lost in the 3rd whrn Doc decided to keep his apathatic group in to a tune of 1 point in 9 minutes only to turn around and take the hottest shooter out for the one that looks like he's hi on MJ.  YOU gotta know your team Doc and the flow of the game!!!!

« Reply #709 on: May 14, 2012, 09:34:42 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
Series closer than all would like. C's were lucky to get game one, one possessing away from stealing game 2.  Oh well.  Next!

*imho Id sit P a game, rest up. Quis and Sahsa can handle it (hope they can handle it).
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #710 on: May 14, 2012, 09:34:50 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
1 point loss hurts, especially when you got that KG missed free throw after he hung on the rim for 2 hours and was talking trash, I'm all for that stuff if you can get away with it but at least make the free throw.

He hung on the rim because Sixers dude was right underneath him.

That's why he didn't get a tech but he kept swinging his body into Turner, I really don't care about the play but I've always hated when Pierce and Garnett get big And 1's and get all pumped up and then miss the free throw.

« Reply #711 on: May 14, 2012, 09:35:10 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
game was lost when doc brought PP back in the game....that and a bull**** slop shot from some rookie scrub

boston will get blown out game 3

Is that you Dwight Howard?

« Reply #712 on: May 14, 2012, 09:36:12 PM »

Offline BostonArizona

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
Pierce played terrible, KG should continue to be our focal point on offense until he proves he's not the best player in the playoffs right now.

I'm pretty upset with the KG offensive foul. I mean, it clearly was a foul, but KG does this game in and game out and doesn't get called for it.

Either call it every time or never call it. You can't waffle on it ESPECIALLY in the closing seconds of the playoff game.

« Reply #713 on: May 14, 2012, 09:36:26 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
game was lost when doc brought PP back in the game....that and a bull**** slop shot from some rookie scrub

boston will get blown out game 3

Is that you Dwight Howard?

nope...just playing the odds....philly is going to be nuts wednesday...and it is clear that PP is in really bad shape.

« Reply #714 on: May 14, 2012, 09:36:27 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Or Chris Paul passing it to Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Kevin Love and Kobe Bryant.

The Celtics didn't have a good enough package to land Chris Paul. Its not that easy to land an all NBA 1st team / MVP candidate.

« Reply #715 on: May 14, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »

Online Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
2nd and 3rd quarters were train wrecks.  Not shocking...given a. the intensity of the Atlanta series, b. the crap scheduling by Stern & Co to only give the teams 1 day off before the series starts.  

If they had pulled this out, I'd have bet the house on C's getting steamrolled in Game 3.  Now I'd say they come out finally ready to play in Game 3 and they will take care of business.

« Reply #716 on: May 14, 2012, 09:37:49 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

Yawn

Seriously. Broken record. If you think the problems in this game came from the PG position look elsewhere.

This is the same Sixer team that struggled to win a series against the Bulls without Rose and Noah

Stop it, just stop it... If we had Chris Paul Celtics would be blowing this team out. And Paul is no doubt better than Rondo in the clutch

« Reply #717 on: May 14, 2012, 09:38:26 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1525
I agree with this.  The sixers just gutted this one out.  They were out of sync as well, they just had a bit more intensity and effort.  It wasn't like they were shooting lights out either.  This was another very winnable game for the C's.  I know we didn't execute very well in a couple of those last possessions, but I am more worried about the energy level.   It was non-existant the whole game.  C's need to at least hustle as much on O as they do on D.  It probably would have helped.  We just looked blah 1/2 the night.

Well on to Philly, and we better ramp up the energy level or we could be coming home down 3-1.  This sucks.

That sucked.  Give Sixers credit.  They fought the Celtics for everything defensively.  Only answer for that is intensity.  C's will adjust.

« Reply #718 on: May 14, 2012, 09:38:31 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
well....Paul Pierce is in bad shape

-bass is a black hole

-rondo is disinterested

-no emotion, no grit and balls

-Cs let allen own the boards. got second shots all night

-throw in Doc and his horrible rotations and decisions...

« Reply #719 on: May 14, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »

Offline RajonRondOWNED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64

Yawn

This is the same Sixer team that struggled to win a series against the Bulls without Rose and Noah

Stop it, just stop it... If we had Chris Paul Celtics would be blowing this team out. And Paul is no doubt better than Rondo in the clutch

Lol it's just comical at this point.